The Student Room Group

My godauntie died :(

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Sorry about your loss... but I dont think you can have a god-auntie

or god-extended family-member for that matter.
Original post by Lolerskates

Well it's not hard to figure out is it?!

it wouldn't need figuring out if it wasn't made up. sorry for your 'loss'.
Reply 22

But what everyone on this thread is trying to say is the term your saying "God-auntie" you have just totally made up.
Reply 23
Original post by johnnn
But what everyone on this thread is trying to say is the term your saying "God-auntie" you have just totally made up.

That's not the point of the thread though is it now? Why can't people just figure it out (piss easily) or google it. **** sake... I posted this for some help
Reply 24
:frown:

Edit: Why have I negged for having a family member die?

:cry2:
:console:
:hugs:
:jumphug:
:dancing:
:^_^:
Reply 25
That's not the point of the thread though is it now? Why can't people just figure it out (piss easily) or google it. **** sake... I posted this for some help

Ino its not the point of the thread, but its really a made up term. You get a godmother/father not a god auntie/uncle!!

I perfectly understood what you were talking about, I was explaining to you why others may not. The reason people aren't taking you seriously is that you are clearly attention seeking. You don't even know how you are related to this woman, why would you require sympathy?
Reply 27
Original post by -honeybee-
I perfectly understood what you were talking about, I was explaining to you why others may not. The reason people aren't taking you seriously is that you are clearly attention seeking. You don't even know how you are related to this woman, why would you require sympathy?

I do she's my godauntie
Reply 28
I do she's my godauntie

Oh go away you waste of space.
Well my godfather and godmother aren't a couple, they're unrelated people, the godmother takes priority if my parents die

Yeah but what difference does it make if your godmothers sister died?
Reply 30
Well, as long as your goddog is alright. :smile:
I do she's my godauntie

You've already said you don't know if she's the sister of your godmother or your godfather...
Reply 32
You've already said you don't know if she's the sister of your godmother or your godfather...

It could have been a brother of the godmother/father who had a sex change and became a woman.
Reply 33

Godfather, I asked my mum
Lol at me googling God-auntie.
Reply 35
Why does it matter that god-auntie isn't a real term? Every family is different and people may be close to what others see as more 'distant' relations. The same goes for people giving names for family members, especially when there are young children in the family so they have some idea of who's who. Just because god-auntie isn't a technical term, doesn't mean it isn't ever used.

Sorry for your loss, OP.
Whilst I'm obviously very sorry that someone you know and I assume were colse to has died, I do have to register my annoyance with this 'god-family' thing. It's not just you, I've known other people use it 'my god-sister, my god-grandma'... such things don't exist. You have Godparents. Their blood relations are simply that. Your godfather's sister is what she was.
Sorry for your loss, it's difficult to lose someone you're close to even if they're not a relative.
Reply 38

well it's obviously not easy to guess considering no-one else got it... Besides how do you even know your god aunty?
Reply 39
There's no such thing as God-auntie, if you were so close to this woman why isn't she your godmother then?

Theres not much help your going to get from strangers in an internet forum, why aren't you with your friends or family members if your so deeply affected by this death?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending