The Student Room Group

Facing death tomorrow and i'm scared....help me?

I'm in the photography society in my uni and we have a massive sporting event on Wednesday. I 've somehow ended up reporting for the school paper and giving coverage for some of the sporting events. It's really SCARY AND DAUNTING as i have social phobia and some anxiety and i've never been to a stadium before. Big crowds scare me and we'll have to phone in and give some commentary for the radio. What the **** am i supposed to do? I was under the impression that we just had to take pictures of the various sporting events, not report for it. I don't wanna quit because its a great opportunity and would look great on my CV but at the same time its ****ing scary.
What should i do?
It's my first time ever in a huge stadium and there'll be tons of people everywere that i don't even know and i don't wanna get lost.
P.S. there's also this really fit girl i saw there but i don't know what to say or how to talk to her. One of the leaders talked to her and she seemed to really enjoy it.

ARGHHH FML!!! Why does life have to be so hard??
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Literally?
Change the title of this thread first, 'kay?
Bit over-dramatic...
so... you aren't going to die.
You sound like such a drama queen.

Its such a little thing - people are fighting in wars, giving speeches to 10s of thousands of people etc, all you have to do is describe what you see.
Original post by Silver Arrow
I'm in the photography society in my uni and we have a massive sporting event on Wednesday. I 've somehow ended up reporting for the school paper and giving coverage for some of the sporting events. It's really SCARY AND DAUNTING as i have social phobia and some anxiety and i've never been to a stadium before. Big crowds scare me and we'll have to phone in and give some commentary for the radio. What the **** am i supposed to do? I was under the impression that we just had to take pictures of the various sporting events, not report for it. I don't wanna quit because its a great opportunity and would look great on my CV but at the same time its ****ing scary.
What should i do?
It's my first time ever in a huge stadium and there'll be tons of people everywere that i don't even know and i don't wanna get lost.
P.S. there's also this really fit girl i saw there but i don't know what to say or how to talk to her. One of the leaders talked to her and she seemed to really enjoy it.

Why have you created an exact copy of a thread you made yesterday, only changing the title?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1588801
Reply 7
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Why have you created an exact copy of a thread you made yesterday, only changing the title?

He's been exposed :ahee:
Reply 8
"Well Jim it's a great day for the school. I've seen so many talented athletes today that it can be said for certain that this school's year is a year to be proud of. The turnout has been bigger than any other school event I've ever been to, and I can see why. The atmosphere is intense and I'm not sure if you can hear the screaming from your end but it has been practically non-stop since the event started.

Back to you, Jim."
Reply 9
Man up dude, really.
Keep an eye out for falling pianos...

*step, step SPLAT*

AND change the title, yeah?
if the radios live scream "F*CK YEEEEEEEEEEWWW" live on air
Ohhh..
well, amm that was a bit misleading..
change the title mate
Reply 13
You'll never learn anything in life if you don't step out of your comfort zones every now and again. Roll with it.
This could end up being a youtube classic..
Reply 15
Get some nuts
Reply 16
Original post by Silver Arrow
What should i do?

i feel you everytime we do a class presentation i feel like im gonna **** myself
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s

Why are you sad enough as to trawl through pages of posts just to point this out? GTFO YOU GIMP!
Original post by HistoryRepeating
You sound like such a drama queen.

Its such a little thing - people are fighting in wars, giving speeches to 10s of thousands of people etc, all you have to do is describe what you see.

I'd like to see you do it. It's easy to type a load of **** when you're sta behind you're computer you fat worthless slob.
Original post by lella_m
You'll never learn anything in life if you don't step out of your comfort zones every now and again. Roll with it.

What tips do you have for me then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending