The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

How lenient are Keele?

Hi, firming Keele soon as all my offers come through!

My worry is though that I won't get the grades - miss out by one grade.

I need 300 UCAS points, and I failed my AS so have no additional points.

I need to get either ABC or BBB, realistically, I think I'll get either an A or B in history
a B in english
but drama is the worry... I think I'll only get a C in Drama.

If it turns out that I get BBC or even ACC, will Keele still accept me? Does anybody know of people/are you somebody that missed your offer?

If I don't get into Keele I won't be going to my insurance... so just got to work my arse off!
Reply 1
They're pretty lenient generally, but it all depends on what the demand is for those two courses.
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Are you not doing General Studies?
Reply 3
Original post by MonkeyMonger
Are you not doing General Studies?

Unfortunately not - my school doesn't offer it
Original post by Samus2
Unfortunately not - my school doesn't offer it

Ah ok.

The best thing that you can do is email/ring the university. I know people who have been in contact with universities and got their grades down (Liverpool and Imperial College), so that cant hurt. If you explain you're situation, and the fact that you don't do General Studies, they could be lenient.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by MonkeyMonger
Ah ok.

The best thing that you can do is email/ring the university. I know people who have been in contact with universities and got their grades down (Liverpool and Imperial College), so that cant hurt. If you explain you're situation, and the fact that you don't do General Studies, they could be lenient.

Oh really? Would I just explain that I'm confident in two of my subjects but not the third and that I don't want to go to my insurance?
Original post by Samus2
Oh really? Would I just explain that I'm confident in two of my subjects but not the third and that I don't want to go to my insurance?

I cant say what they said as I don't know, but what id say would be a long those lines.
Reply 7
Just out of curiosity, what course are you hoping to study at Keele? Also good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by MDMD
Just out of curiosity, what course are you hoping to study at Keele? Also good luck :smile:

History and Politics :smile:
the modules are an absolute dream!
Hi Keele are a blessing when it comes to courses. Don't panic. I only got 2 Alevels and 3 AS' and was able to go straight through to my course without a foundation year. I'm now nearing the end of my second year and I have never looked back. Keele believe in you as a person not as a statistic, we're a real family community spirit and everyone is really supportive to everyone regardless of their educational background. If you need any questions just ask. :smile:
I would agree with what everyone is saying about Keele being leniant, you should be okay as long as your results are around the mark they are asking for.

Some of my friends in 2009, didn't do as well as expected and still got in.

Fingers crossed for you.
Reply 11
Glad to hear this!
Reply 12
I've got a very interesting education record, but Keele gave me an unconditional offer just based on my A Level grades, rather than the two lots of AS I have! They're pretty lenient, and seem like the kind of uni that really take your personal statement into account!
Reply 13
I certainly hope so :/! Obviously i'm going to try as hard as possible but you never know what might happen!
Original post by Samus2
I certainly hope so :/! Obviously i'm going to try as hard as possible but you never know what might happen!

I really wouldnt worry. Keele are very lenient with grades. Chum of mine was offered BBB and he only got CCC, still got in no problem. Stay calm and revise. You'll be fine.
Reply 15
Original post by AverageJoe92
I really wouldnt worry. Keele are very lenient with grades. Chum of mine was offered BBB and he only got CCC, still got in no problem. Stay calm and revise. You'll be fine.

thank you :smile:
Reply 16
Just out of curiosity... how did it go?
I've got the same worry this year with one of my subjects!
Keele have been pretty lenient in the past, but I don't know how it will be this year. Last year more people than expected met their offers, which caused pressure on accommodation etc, meaning a higher number of students than usual were given temporary shared rooms.
If a similar thing happens this year, they may not be able to be as lenient as usual, but if you only miss your offer by one grade and they like you, chances are you will still be accepted. It might be worth contacting the university now to ask if they can tell you if you would still be considered or not.
Reply 18
Original post by Hannah_94
Just out of curiosity... how did it go?
I've got the same worry this year with one of my subjects!

I ended up getting BCC so 260 points. I wasn't let in and went through clearing instead!

Quick Reply

Latest