The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by missjasmine
I had mine removed last august, I had it cut off.. I'm so happy I had it done.

The doctor told me to live with them so I went home, got nailclippers and cut them off :s-smilie: Skin is still scarred but at least they're not raised.
Original post by reisen
The doctor told me to live with them so I went home, got nailclippers and cut them off :s-smilie: Skin is still scarred but at least they're not raised.

OUCH! Didn't that hurt!?
Unfortunately mine were quite big so I had to ALWAYS have my hair down, it was so horrible..
All they do it cut it and then close the blood vessels (which hurts the most :frown: it felt prickly) but its all healed now.
i have this scar down the middle of my stomach about 13cm long - looks like someone has cut me open which is exactly what happened - so yeh it's quite obvious but that doesn't stop me wearing a bikini on holiday or stomach showing tops when i want to although i could quite easily cover it up. but i never would! it's part of me and it's what makes me different - it makes you original !!

just try and forget about what other people think and people wont notice it like you will!

i know its hard but just act confident and you will be confident - please dont kill yourself! there is so much to live for and so much more good times that bad.

sorry that is so cheesey but whatever lol
Reply 63
OUCH! Didn't that hurt!?
Unfortunately mine were quite big so I had to ALWAYS have my hair down, it was so horrible..
All they do it cut it and then close the blood vessels (which hurts the most :frown: it felt prickly) but its all healed now.

Yeah it did but the pain was momentary. It felt so unnatural cutting myself though, your instincts are telling you not to. Glad I did though and they healed quickly. I had one on my tummy, on my shoulder, on the back of my neck and lower arm which meant i always had my sleeve down or wear a plaster. They're barely noticable now. Is your skin the same colour now?
Reply 64
I have a friend who had such ridiculous stretchmarks, you could have been forgiven for thinking he was once pregnant.

Next week, he is proudly displaying his lack of ridiculous stretch marks.
Coconut oil apparently.
Original post by reisen
Yeah it did but the pain was momentary. It felt so unnatural cutting myself though, your instincts are telling you not to. Glad I did though and they healed quickly. I had one on my tummy, on my shoulder, on the back of my neck and lower arm which meant i always had my sleeve down or wear a plaster. They're barely noticable now. Is your skin the same colour now?

Well they're slightly pink but you can't notice it unless you look properly, but I do go back for steroid injections which is ment to keep them from raising and I think its ment to help the colour :s-smilie: i'm not too sure
Reply 66
Well they're slightly pink but you can't notice it unless you look properly, but I do go back for steroid injections which is ment to keep them from raising and I think its ment to help the colour :s-smilie: i'm not too sure

yeah I read about that, there's a 50/50 chance of them growing back, don't want to say anything to jinx it though!
Your stretch marks are not making you sucidal, your inability to accept them as part of you is.

Fact it, they will never fully disappear. You probably notice them more than anyone else, especially if they have been there a long time, they will have faded.

You may be able to improve the appearance with laser treatment if they are making you so miserable, but if you are genuinely feeling suicidal, I suspect its much more complicated than that, and your stretch marks, your outward appearance, is the cause you are using for the problems.

In any case, See a doctor as soon as possible.
Original post by reisen
yeah I read about that, there's a 50/50 chance of them growing back, don't want to say anything to jinx it though!

They said if it grows back they'll remove it! :biggrin:
I have the same kind all over my arms, boobs and thighs. I really hate them and I wouldn't show my boyfriend my naked body when we first started having sex *blush*. I can't recommend any good creams yet but if I find one, I'll give you a link to it, k :biggrin:.
Reply 70
Yeah I had 3 from piercings

Oh really, thats great, where abouts? Also, was that surgically removed cos I heard they can reappear? I have had laser surgery on them and they have only slightly faded but are flat, Im so sick of them.
Original post by newts2k
Oh really, thats great, where abouts? Also, was that surgically removed cos I heard they can reappear? I have had laser surgery on them and they have only slightly faded but are flat, Im so sick of them.

I had them on my ear lobes. They're not completely flat yet though, I've only had my second injection out of about 6.
I feel better about it though.
Reply 72
I had them on my ear lobes. They're not completely flat yet though, I've only had my second injection out of about 6.
I feel better about it though.

I see,, thats good. I have them on my chest, abuot 3 or 4 and some on my shoulders, they're seriously stubborn bastards. I have had about 7-8 injections on them, pretty painful aren't they? But yeh theyre flat, its just the redness which is the problem
I do have horrendous scars. Halfway up my arm and neck from an accident as a baby. Scars that will never go away.

Their stretch marks, get over it. They will fade eventually.

Oh and I do have stetchmarks too. Yes they don't look pretty but so what.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by newts2k
I see,, thats good. I have them on my chest, abuot 3 or 4 and some on my shoulders, they're seriously stubborn bastards. I have had about 7-8 injections on them, pretty painful aren't they? But yeh theyre flat, its just the redness which is the problem

They used to be really painful and itchy aswell, did they not give you the option of having it cut off?
Also, I agree normally I'm fine with injections. I don't complain about it going it cos I don't think its that painful but boy does it hurt!

Yeah, mine are flat jus tiny bit raised, the injections flattened it anyway.. but some parts are pinkish and some are dark
A wise person would tell you that scars are like tattoos, but with better stories. There's no point in hating them and making yourself upset because that won't make them go away. I have huge ones around my abdomen and I used to hate them but now I can't really imagine being without them.
Reply 76
Stretch marks are beautiful, especially when they turn that lovely silvery colour :smile:
Everyone has stretch marks. Seriously grow up and get over it.
Got some on my back which look like I've been attacked by a lion :colonhash:
Reply 79
I agree that they make you depressed - i have them on my boobs, outer thighs and have them coming on my hips but seriously suicide is not the way to go about this.
Bio oil does work - if you have a routine of putting this on 3 times a day with palmers coco butter, they start to fade away, i just bought body shops fade away stretch mark cream because im quite depressed about mine as well.
Boys and other people wont care, unless there really shallow then i would suggest you punch them in the face. They fade with time, if you use lotions and keep a healthy diet and exercise they will go faster than you expect. I know a lot of people with them 3 people who live in my house at uni have them, stretch marks also run in the family so your genes might prevent you're skin from stretching as much as other peoples.

but seriously dont get suicidal over them, they fade and like people have said there are worse things in the world than little lines all over your body.

Latest

Trending

Trending