The Student Room Group

RVC Freshers 2011!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi guys!!! I just received a RVC offer today!!! :-) And firmed it! I have been one of these complete stalkers for the last couple of months!!! and thought it about time to join!!! I finished a degree in Equine Dental Science last year!!! So going to be like a granny when I finish vet school!! but can’t wait!!! I’m so happy!! Fresher’s is going to be amazing!!!

oooo and stef i know what you mean about funding!! However I did find a few charities which fund some vet students ( A couple of hundred pound) - to further womans education etc etc..... when i find them again I shall send you the links :-)
Original post by KMD89
Hi guys!!! I just received a RVC offer today!!! :-) And firmed it! I have been one of these complete stalkers for the last couple of months!!! and thought it about time to join!!! I finished a degree in Equine Dental Science last year!!! So going to be like a granny when I finish vet school!! but can’t wait!!! I’m so happy!! Fresher’s is going to be amazing!!!

oooo and stef i know what you mean about funding!! However I did find a few charities which fund some vet students ( A couple of hundred pound) - to further womans education etc etc..... when i find them again I shall send you the links :-)

Hey well done! Is your offer for the 4 or 5 year course? :smile:
Reply 22
5 year!! To be fair we only really covered nutrition with all animals everything else was horses! So understand why i didn't qualify for the four year course!!! How about you?? I'm so excited!!
Original post by KMD89
5 year!! To be fair we only really covered nutrition with all animals everything else was horses! So understand why i didn't qualify for the four year course!!! How about you?? I'm so excited!!

Ah ok cool. I'm still waiting for hear about the 4 year course. Driving me nuts, i keep checking track!
Reply 24
Tell me about!! I'm so glad i can finally stop checking every 30 secs! ha!! well good luck!! Hope you get on the four year course will safe you a bundle on fees! :-)
Reply 25
Original post by KMD89

Well done!!!!!! and thank you :smile: I'm going to keep on at Student Finance though in the meantime!
Reply 26
Cool keep me updated on what they say!! :-) let the begging for money begin! :-)
Reply 27
Original post by stef_vet?
Well done everyone, so excited for us all! At my uni everything is kinda planned out by the su but no reason why we can't organise some kind of fancy dress theme for a night to make sure we all spot each other - food talking point with other people too :smile: x x x x

we could always do an animal theme =]
Reply 28
I think animal onesies were mentioned a while ago...we could even try and time it so other unis had the same theme on the same night, make a facebook page and see who can get the best pics :biggrin: (too far?)
Reply 29
hahhaa LOVE IT stefffff!! I'd be up for that!! :biggrin: xxx
Reply 30
Just an excuse to show them how amazing us RVCers are :biggrin: also everyone yayayyy I'm getting a loan :biggrin:
Reply 31
yeppp!! but tbf, everyone knows that anyway :wink:. yayy stef thats awesome! really good of rvc to help sort out that for you, sf sounded like they were being really awkward. changed my sigggggggg :biggrin: xxx
Reply 32
I saw!! I love it!! Have you firmed or are you going to wait for Liv just in case?? x x x (and yeah of course!!)
Reply 33
I've not firmed it yet, pretty sure I will though, am waiting for Liverpool though because I do really love Liv..don't shoot me RVC'ers!
But I am 1000000% happy with RVC anyway! It was always my favourite last year, until Liverpool snuck up on me, and now they've offered me a place I'm totally falling in love with the RVC all over again! :biggrin::biggrin: x

edit: and my offers are conditional as well so an insurance would be nice if it was on offer! :tongue: xx
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 34
Hee hee that's fair enough, you can always draw out of a hat if need be :smile:
Reply 35
i wish i didn't look on here - now i'm jealous again :tongue: :tongue:
Reply 36
Original post by Lucy_x
i wish i didn't look on here - now i'm jealous again :tongue: :tongue:

Hee hee! I'm sorry but I'm trying to organise it across all vet schools so maybe you could help out with getting it sorted for Liv?? x x
Reply 37
Original post by stef_vet?
Hee hee! I'm sorry but I'm trying to organise it across all vet schools so maybe you could help out with getting it sorted for Liv?? x x

do you mean the freshers fancy dress night? (i was talking about jealousy you're all going to RVC btw hehe) yeahh i could try and help but not really sure what i'm doing! lol. it'd be quite cool if we did like an animal theme for each vet uni, like one as dalmations, one as cats or something. stole that idea from a vetty magazine with an AVS article i think :P

think i should return to liv freshers now aha!
Reply 38
i think its a good idea :smile: at the very least once more ppl have joined the rvc facebook group we could try and arrange for one of the freshers nights to be fancy dress :biggrin: xx
Reply 39
deffo, we can do this, everyone wants an excuse to dress up :biggrin:

Quick Reply