The Student Room Group

Do short shy guys like tall sort of shy girls !!!!!!! Guys please help!!!

Anon because I know people on here

I'm in 2nd year of uni and really like this Spanish guy he's got the best green eyes I've ever seen. :love:
I never really noticed him that much before (partly because I thought he was gay) So I thought there was no point going there, but I liked his friend too. Ironically his friend is gay and he isn't and I really like him, he's just very shy and I don't mean confident shy he's Shy, shy which is even harder to understand him.

Now I think back to 1st year I did notice he moved sort of closer to me in lectures/seminars and he always stared at me a lot. He does talk and smile to me when I do it first but sometimes I just think he's just being nice and I feel if I keep initiating it he gets annoyed.:s-smilie:
When I do talk he doesn't say much and feels like one line answers instead of a conversation. But he does smile (his smile is so cute) and laughs a lot. (Don't know if that's a good sign)

When I sat down he seemed reluctant to sit near me like he didn't want to but didn't want to be rude and forced himself to sit there. But then when I turned my head to speak to my friend and turned back to face him he was leaned close to me b
but quickly leaned back in his chair like he was uncomfortable.:frown:

I notice he stares at me when we go to trips and one time he stared in my direction and I turned around to see if anyone was behind me (no one was) and his eyes moved quickly and pretended he wanted to get a coffee. :frown:

He doesn't have that many friends compared to me but that's mainly because he's really shy,(I was like that all through my life until I was about 16 and sort of grew out of it but I am still a shy person when it comes to guys I like). He's very good looking he looks like a model but he's the same height or and inch shorter than me which doesn't bother me I'm 5'7 he's 5'6/7 but I think he doesn't feel comfortable because I am tall.:frown:

Help TSR sorry for all the sad smilies :colondollar:

TL:biggrin:R I like a shy guy not sure he likes me because I think my height puts him off or because he's shy.

Scroll to see replies

I'd just like to point out that 5'7 for a girl is not tall. It's not short, but it's not tall either.

Just putting that out there.
Reply 2
Go for it.
Reply 3
Original post by Josh_Dey
Go for it.

How can I when I'm shy and don't know if he likes me or not:frown:
Reply 4
Well, approach him... engage in a friendly conversation that will last, BOOM!

I'm a *very* shy guy, if a girl approached me and started talking to me I would be happy and continue... :smile:

But, he might be very bad at speaking or talking... or atleast that's what he might think, so help him. :wink:
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!
...would you consider 6'2'' tall? :3

Tall girls are hot, nice long legs to explore :cool:
Original post by NOBODY MOVE!
...would you consider 6'2'' tall? :3

yep, for a guy and definitely for a girl. too tall for a girl.
Isn't the academic year coming to an end now? So gotta make your move quick time.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
yep, for a guy and definitely for a girl. too tall for a girl.

heheh, 'too' tall.
oh wellllllll. :}
Reply 9
Original post by Josh_Dey
Well, approach him... engage in a friendly conversation that will last, BOOM!

I'm a *very* shy guy, if a girl approached me and started talking to me I would be happy and continue... :smile:

But, he might be very bad at speaking or talking... or atleast that's what he might think, so help him. :wink:

I try to but I only talk to him about work when really in my head all I want to do is ask if he has a girlfriend and does he want to be with me :colondollar:

I just don't know if there is a sign that shy guys do to show they are annoyed so I know where I stand :s-smilie:

Maybe I just need to be more patient with him thanks for the advice :redface:
It sounds as if he's more uninterested in you than anything, sorry..:/
Reply 11
Original post by qwerty_mad
Isn't the academic year coming to an end now? So gotta make your move quick time.

I know but I'll hopefully see him next year. He doesn't even have facebook so I can't even stalk him :colondollar:

the only form of contact is his uni email but I'll be distraught and sad forever if he rejected me or worse didn't reply and avoided me next year.
He'll know by graduation at least if I never see him again it will be less painful. :cry2:
Reply 12
Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
I'd just like to point out that 5'7 for a girl is not tall. It's not short, but it's not tall either.

Just putting that out there.

Useful input as always :rolleyes:
Original post by Anonymous
Useful input as always :rolleyes:

Got a point to be fair. You tried to spice up the thread with that little detail but you're both the same height.
Original post by mikeylfc1989
Got a point to be fair. You tried to spice up the thread with that little detail but you're both the same height.

+1, I was all set for a Danny Devito/Jodie Kidd pairing :colonhash:
Reply 15
Original post by HumanNature1992
It sounds as if he's more uninterested in you than anything, sorry..:/

Could you explain why :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Could you explain why :frown:

He's done absolutely nothing to show he's interested in you, maybe even the opposite. Also not meaning to be rude but you sound really obsessive, that's an instant turn off for me and alot of other guys.
He's done absolutely nothing to show he's interested in you, maybe even the opposite. Also not meaning to be rude but you sound really obsessive, that's an instant turn off for me and alot of other guys.

Not really, I wouldn't say he's uninterested. Could be, as the OP pointed out, is that he's shy. Trying to read a person is difficult, though.
Reply 18

How do I sound obsessed :confused: I don't have a lock of his hair in my bag :tongue:
OP, what do you think? Is he shy or uninterested?

Quick Reply

Latest