The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Tanith44
Yes tbh I think every single place has a downside, it just how much that down side bothers you :/
I think I was my high hopes for the Tannery, I just don't like that tower block feeling, I prefer things a bit more spread out and closer to the ground haha
Ah Thank you :biggrin: :biggrin: Ridiculously happy to have gotten an offer! what are you studying?
Well Devonshire has a bar and rooms similar to JB... best of both worlds ? (Im very bias)

Haha, that's one reason to dislike a building. I'm doing medical engineering. I'm a medicine reject. Lol. I think I'll do with tannery, if it's unbearable I'll move. I just really like new things. Lol
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 981
Original post by Mask Of Sanity

Tanith. :five: :hi: :nutcase:

HELLO! :biggrin:
Im so glad we found eachother again haha :biggrin: :biggrin:
Where are you thinking of applying?
And what's all this of you not liking chips & gravy!!!!! :O
Are you sure you're from Yorkshire?? :tongue:
Original post by Xabi17
I'm trying to think, I haven't seen one in Leeds yet. Wonder where it is.

See how the job market is before thinking about post grad I think. :biggrin:

I've never been to a KFC in Leeds but the one in Abu Dhabi is spectacular. We could just fly there? :holmes: Or Bradford. But, Bradford's exotic in a completely different way. :nothing:

I guess that's the wise thing to do. :tongue:

Original post by Tanith44
HELLO! :biggrin:
Im so glad we found eachother again haha :biggrin: :biggrin:
Where are you thinking of applying?
And what's all this of you not liking chips & gravy!!!!! :O
Are you sure you're from Yorkshire?? :tongue:

HELLO! AS AM I!
You're officially my favourite bus buddy and shall remain so for the next 5 years. :ahee:
I adore Devonshire Hall. Purely because of the aesthetics. And as far as 'rahs' go, I couldn't care less, they can see me droll over the Oxbridge-esque architecture albeit not as exquisite. :tongue:
Ahahaha! I'm sorry! I never meant for my northernness to be questioned. :sad: I can make gravy? I just don't really like it. :puppyeyes: I like chips though. :colone:

How are you? :gah:
Original post by Laura x<3x
Thats a good point about being in Headingly second year anyway... oh I don't know!!!! I probably heard it somewhere on here. I literally just went online to do the application and then changed my mind again. Just can't decide between the two!! Do you get to put a second choice on the form??

No unfortunately not :/
Original post by gina.x
hey everyone!
googled reviews for leeds accomodation and ended up on here, never been on before though so not exactly sure what im doing haha

i applied for leeds last year but deferred my entry right at the last minute, so now have an unconditional offer for this year. last year i applied to go in Opal 3 cos i absolutely LOVED it, didnt even have to look at any others cos i knew straight away i wanted to stay there! but really not sure about going there anymore this year now its not being offered by the university itself, so now i havent got a clue what to do about my accomodation!

went to the viewing day saturday but didnt get chance to see many. i like clarence docks but it just seems to be too far away!

for some reason im leaning towards the Tannery (even though i didnt get to go view it) but hardly any one on here seems to have considered it... dont wanna end up there by myself haha! just wondering if anyone has any information about it in addition to whats on the website etccc? heard its pretty quiet so not sure about that, i want somewhere thats gonna be sociable!

so any ideas on an all en-suite, self catered accomodation with a good location and social life (asking a lot there i know haha) would be great!

thanks! :smile:

Im off to tannery :biggrin:
LOVE IT!! nicest accomodation :smile: en suite, 3/4 beds, great student area of leeds, close to city and bars etc, great social scene and we can party together! sorted?! and it seemed like a very socail halls tbh!! xxx
Reply 985
Original post by lauramunday
LOVE IT!! nicest accomodation :smile: en suite, 3/4 beds, great student area of leeds, close to city and bars etc, great social scene and we can party together! sorted?! and it seemed like a very socail halls tbh!! xxx

:five: we can make our own party if there's none. I'm sure a lot of people'd want it anyway
opal 3 is an option on the application form...
does that mean thats an accom option too????
Reply 987
Original post by ohhelloruth
opal 3 is an option on the application form...
does that mean thats an accom option too????

i remember being so into it before it went off the site! Apparently the contract with the uni's out but you can apply there privately?

Has anyone been in tannery's kitchen? Any hang out area?
Original post by dmz
i remember being so into it before it went off the site! Apparently the contract with the uni's out but you can apply there privately?

Has anyone been in tannery's kitchen? Any hang out area?

big kitchen with breakfast bars and sofas
Reply 989
big kitchen with breakfast bars and sofas

if it's got sofa's I'm sold. It's getting refurbished for 2011 also. Seems like the best option to me and the worst thing possible is I'll have to walk 10mins to city centre or 20 to student union for a social life. If that's the worst I'm down!
Reply 990

HELLO! AS AM I!
You're officially my favourite bus buddy and shall remain so for the next 5 years. :ahee:
I adore Devonshire Hall. Purely because of the aesthetics. And as far as 'rahs' go, I couldn't care less, they can see me droll over the Oxbridge-esque architecture albeit not as exquisite. :tongue:
Ahahaha! I'm sorry! I never meant for my northernness to be questioned. :sad: I can make gravy? I just don't really like it. :puppyeyes: I like chips though. :colone:

How are you? :gah:

I'm really good thanks, how are you?
Haha same, I'm sure you can just ignore the stuck-up people / remind them the power of poor people in large numbers :tongue:
Haha chips and gravy is a stable of the northern diet! While sometimes anyhow :P
Hmm if you are ever going on a bus journey, give me a bell :wink:
I am still really torn between James Baillie and Devonshire :s-smilie:
I've pretty much ruled out CD, cause us med peeps are gonna have no time anyhow
Reply 991

aww yay :biggrin: im glad ive found other people staying there now!! xx
Reply 992
what do people think of clarence dock?.. apart from it being a bit far away.. i have just applied for it because it is the cheapest en-suite accomodation and it looked quite nice.
Reply 993
Original post by lalala1
what do people think of clarence dock?.. apart from it being a bit far away.. i have just applied for it because it is the cheapest en-suite accomodation and it looked quite nice.

Awesome bar, the lights, chairs, satelite tv it looked really good. not brand new, but the rooms are nice and easy to personalise, the gym sucks unless you only run on machine but either way it's free so not much to complain about, lots of washing machines, lol. Narrow corridors, but it feel student-sy. It has a nice community feel to it. 20 mins walk from town and basically really good deal for the price. The room isn't huge but bigger than most en-suites...erm what else? Kitchen was fairly spacious but only a table with chairs around it from my recollection
Reply 994
Original post by dmz
Awesome bar, the lights, chairs, satelite tv it looked really good. not brand new, but the rooms are nice and easy to personalise, the gym sucks unless you only run on machine but either way it's free so not much to complain about, lots of washing machines, lol. Narrow corridors, but it feel student-sy. It has a nice community feel to it. 20 mins walk from town and basically really good deal for the price. The room isn't huge but bigger than most en-suites...erm what else? Kitchen was fairly spacious but only a table with chairs around it from my recollection

thanks! i did go there and i liked it, but that was the only one i visited and from reading some threads on here there looks like there was better places lol. but oh well the price is quite good, i just hope it's good on the social side. are you going to clarence dock ?
Reply 995
Original post by lalala1
thanks! i did go there and i liked it, but that was the only one i visited and from reading some threads on here there looks like there was better places lol. but oh well the price is quite good, i just hope it's good on the social side. are you going to clarence dock ?

I just got negged for an honest opinion :lol:

I was going to at first but the distance became too much of an issue for me, though it's still at the bank of my mind. depends what sense you mean better. If you're not bothered by the distance and liked CD, it's the best deal without a doubt
Reply 996
Original post by dmz
I just got negged for an honest opinion :lol:

I was going to at first but the distance became too much of an issue for me, though it's still at the bank of my mind. depends what sense you mean better. If you're not bothered by the distance and liked CD, it's the best deal without a doubt

lol i saw that.. it wasn't me by the way haha!

yeah i don't mind the distance as there is a bus stop right outside, but it just means more money on bus fare which i may not need if i was closer to the campus etc but oh well lol
Reply 997
Original post by lalala1
lol i saw that.. it wasn't me by the way haha!

yeah i don't mind the distance as there is a bus stop right outside, but it just means more money on bus fare which i may not need if i was closer to the campus etc but oh well lol

It's only a site anyway :lol:

I'd have thought everyone would have a bus pass. Bus only goes up till 11pm which was the deciding factor for me cos i don't wanna come back from a club at 11 tho with friends you can get a taxi
Original post by laura2701
I just don't know whether to choose Leodis or Charles Morris.. everyones saying about this council estate near leodis and I didnt really look or atleast I didnt notice it, all I can remember is the hill on the way down :frown: I wish i noticed more things! I'm gonna google it soon :smile:

I like Leodis but I like charles morris and it being on campus :frown: Does anyone know if charles morris is mostly internationals? cos they were all I saw there on the open day?

really? :/ I looked at Dobree & Storm jameson, didn't see any international students in fact they were all very friendly and normal (not that internationals aren't friendly normal..you probably know what i mean..) though i felt abit rude as they were just chiling out in their rooms! Yeah Leodis is near Woodhouse which is a pretty rough bit of Leeds, obviously it's got the fence round it so it's secure I guess people might have concerns about being out at night but I guess safety in numbers etc and in reality if there were hundreds of student attacks or something they'd have closed it!

Just had a horrific thought: You couldn't get put in Senitel Towers as a back up for JBP could you?! seriously DO NOT want to go there..
Reply 999
Original post by georgia246

Just had a horrific thought: You couldn't get put in Senitel Towers as a back up for JBP could you?! seriously DO NOT want to go there..

That's why i'm settling for something else, lol. the thing you feel in on what matters to you if it counters sentinel you won't get put in. Don't say you like it quiet or something like that, lol

Latest