The Student Room Group

What aspects of a girls personality will make a boy think highly of her?

I often hear boys talking about some girls in a really negative way but others they seem to have a high level of respect for. I was wondering what influences a boy to have a lot of respect for a girl? Classiness, intelligence or other factors?

Also how can a girl tell if she's one of the more respected girls around?
:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Boys? Big tits.

Men? A nice vagina.
Just don't bitch about other people, i've met only a handful of girls who i would say i've never heard bitch about anyone else, and that is the most attractive trait to me anyway.
Politeness, intelligence, humour, looks.
How can you tell? You get on with both girls and boys.
Reply 4
As to the first question, indeed it is about classiness, intellingence, and also confidence. Sophistication is important. Girls that are not shown much respect are invariably common slags.

You can tell if you are one of the respected girls if the guys talk to you in a respectful manner (not like a slag that they want to shag senceless).

I thought that was obvious.
Original post by dancingshoes10
I often hear boys talking about some girls in a really negative way but others they seem to have a high level of respect for. I was wondering what influences a boy to have a lot of respect for a girl? Classiness, intelligence or other factors?

Also how can a girl tell if she's one of the more respected girls around?
:smile:

Everytime I hear guys in public talking about a girl it is because they don't respect her. I hear things like 'her skirt was bare short' or 'she was making out with everyone at X's party'. I'm not saying men don't respect girls but I never hear anything good so it would be good to know what they think.
Reply 6
Treat everyone the same, i.e. don't act all happy and smiley to the good looking boys and then ignore/dismiss ugly boys. I like girls that are genuinely kind, rather than stuck up biacth3s.

Funny/easy to get along with is always good too.

It helps if she's hot.
Sex drive and.....that's it.
ermm..thinking...thinking...oh im not a male so i dont know lol :teehee:
intellect, eloquence, politeness, openness-on top of her brilliant looks.
Reply 10
A girl who is nice and bubbly and listens to my troubles is nice a good personality and good looks makes a nice girlfreind!!
Depends on who's doing the respecting. Some guys won't respect anyone, others the opposite. If you don't get much **** thrown at you by guys though, you can feel pretty safe in that respect.

I couldn't really say what makes me respect someone exactly, modesty, intelligence and class go a long way though.
If I were a boy, the ability to keep her legs closed and a certain amount of class (i.e. not dressing too provocatively and knowing her limits with alcohol).
I guess that reflects what I'd expect from a boy as well.

EDIT: Why the neg rep for having standards?
(edited 13 years ago)
For me, someone I can trust 100% and is fun to be around and caring. Don't particularly have to be confident, sophisticated, or even clever.

Turnoffs include bull****ters (those people that lie about anything no matter how small - MAJOR turn off), slags and obviously untrustable people.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Quite a specific one, but dealing with criticism with confidence and grace, like keeping a cool head etc
Reply 15
I love puttingoutedness.
Reply 16
Original post by Aisha~~
Depends on who's doing the respecting. Some guys won't respect anyone, others the opposite. If you don't get much **** thrown at you by guys though, you can feel pretty safe in that respect.

I couldn't really say what makes me respect someone exactly, modesty, intelligence and class go a long way though.

This, the guys you hear who are 'trashing' girls, probably do that with a lot of women. There are a lot of men who may dislike certain girls or the way they behave, but they don't go around openly 'bitching', as if they were 14. So age and maturity has a lot to say.
I think you can tell by the way guys talk to you. I was never one of the girls who dressed provocatively at school and I've always been a tad shy, so I was never one to sit on their laps etc like many girls did. At the time I felt less popular, but I have to say guys always address me nicely.
Reply 17
Original post by Alpharius
As to the first question, indeed it is about classiness, intellingence, and also confidence. Sophistication is important. Girls that are not shown much respect are invariably common slags.

You can tell if you are one of the respected girls if the guys talk to you in a respectful manner (not like a slag that they want to shag senceless).

I thought that was obvious.

I'm not a 'common slag' yet neither i nor my friends get treated with respect...
What does this say to your hypothesis, maybe some guys are just disrespectful full stop.....
Original post by sbarrie2

Original post by sbarrie2
I love puttingoutedness.

I love when men do that. :love:
Don't want to seem cocky so am anon

I think just being a friendly person is a good way, be yourself.

e.g. my friend is a MASSIVE flirt, its just unreal. She is very vain and cocky, boys defo fancy her and would sleep with her (she is very pretty) but do not respect her.

Whereas I do defenitly flirt but subtly, im also friendly and kind and things. Boys still fancy me and consider me as attractive as her, although imo i get a lot more respect then her.
Just don't always appeal to boys penis's them have a brain too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending