The Student Room Group

The golden age is over for the Royal Family thanks to Kate Middleton

The royal family used to be something to which we always looked up. Now His Majesty is going to marry a commoner. I saw a picture of her mum out hunting with the royal family, and her bum looked absolutely HUGE; not at all dainty. I can imagine that after the wedding, Kate will get involved in a huge piss-up and end up dancing on the banquet table with her knickers on her head.

Is this the beginning of the end for classiness within royal circles?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
No I'm sure it's not a problem for them, she's just a breeding machine for the next Prince with royal blood, as long as she doesn't produce any more ginger ones!
Oh dear :s-smilie:
Yeah but shes hot, so :dontknow: Tricky situation...
Reply 4
Oh shut up.
Reply 5
Original post by Lassilsa
The royal family used to be something to which we always looked up. Now His Majesty is going to marry a commoner. I saw a picture of her mum out hunting with the royal family, and her bum looked absolutely HUGE; not at all dainty. I can imagine that after the wedding, Kate will get involved in a huge piss-up and end up dancing on the banquet table with her knickers on her head.

You love Kate's mum bum, don't you?:sexface: BUUUM!
Considering how close their eyes are getting together it's a good thing there will finally be some new alleles in the Royal genepool.
Reply 7
Diana wasn't a royal, but things were still kept classy with her. Heres a bit more, found this online:
Diana was not royal, but like a great many people in the UK, she had royal blood. In fact, just about everyone in that country can probably trace his ancestry to some royal, assuming that his (or her) family didn't immigrate recently.

Diana was, among other things, a descendant of Charles II by a couple of his illegitimate children. There are many, many people in the UK who are descendants of Charles because he had quite a few children out of wedlock.

Catherine Middleton, too, has royal blood. She is a descendant of King Edward III, who had a lot of children and grandchildren. There are also many, many people in the UK who are descendants of Edward.

Oh btw, you sound like a snob
Reply 8
Kate Middleton is not a commoner, she comes from a family of aristocrats.
Mate, this whole keeping royal blood "pure" is called in-breeding.
There's nothing wrong with him marrying her; just because she's not technically a "royal" doesn't mean she's into boozing with her knickers on her head!
Reply 10
pleeeeeeeeease be a troll
Reply 11
if by golden age you mean inbred age, then yes.
as long as she has the reptilian genes then it's ok
Reply 13
You know they're related? Very distantly though, they're like 12th cousins once removed. Kate isn't extactly going to become a wild child when she marries into the family, I doubt I'll be seeing any pictures of her dancing with knickers on her head.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Lassilsa

I know.

Things aren't like the good old days

The Duchess of York

Princess Margaret and Roddy Llewellyn

Prince Charles, Camilla and Squidgygate

Prince Philip and Pat Kirkwood

Its a Royal Knockout

Edward VIII, Mrs Simpson and Guy Trundle the car dealer

So much more class
It's not her fault she's a muggle. We can't all be pure bloods.
Reply 16
Original post by KJane
You know they're related? Very distantly though, they're like 12th cousins once removed. Kate isn't extactly going to become a wild child when she marries into the family, I doubt I'll be seeing any pictures of her dancing with knickers on her head.

Well Prince Phillip is the Queen's third cousin or something, so a 12th cousin is pretty good going for the royal family.

Original post by ManaX
Diana wasn't a royal, but things were still kept classy with her. Heres a bit more, found this online:
Diana was not royal, but like a great many people in the UK, she had royal blood. In fact, just about everyone in that country can probably trace his ancestry to some royal, assuming that his (or her) family didn't immigrate recently.

Diana was, among other things, a descendant of Charles II by a couple of his illegitimate children. There are many, many people in the UK who are descendants of Charles because he had quite a few children out of wedlock.

Catherine Middleton, too, has royal blood. She is a descendant of King Edward III, who had a lot of children and grandchildren. There are also many, many people in the UK who are descendants of Edward.

Oh btw, you sound like a snob

I'd say there's quite a good chance that the average British person can trace their ancestry back to a royal. Someone did a mathematical study on it and came to the conclusion that given the amount of people that exist now, and the amount of people that lived 1000 years ago, chances are most people in Europe are related to nearly all of the people who lived at that time.

It was on QI therefore it must be true:tongue:
Original post by Stefan1991
Kate Middleton is not a commoner, she comes from a family of aristocrats.

Doors to manual and crosscheck
Original post by floralia
She's hardly a 'commoner'...have you ever heard her speak?

Have you ever heard of elocution lessons? Like the ones Margaret Thatcher took.
Reply 19
Because her Mum has a large backside that means she's common? How completely stupid is that. Just because she isn't naturally "dainty" doesn't mean that she's common, that's such a horrible thing to say. And you can't insult Kate without actually meeting her, that's just being unrightly judemental on information that's been filtered down to you from biased sources.

And even she was "common", I think that that would be a huge thing to look up to. It proves that your class background doesn't have to effect you for the rest of your life; you can move up in the world and strive to be someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending