The Student Room Group

What REALLY happened in Trafalgar square

It appears the BBC and other media sources have told bare faced lies to the nation with regards to what happened during last saturdays London protests.

Here is an eyewitness account from somebody who was in Trafalgar Square: http://55t.co.uk/55t03/index.php?option=com_mmsblog&view=item&id=37%3Athe-truth-behind-the-battle-of-trafalgar-square-march-26th-2011&Itemid=55

All police are evil liars and murderers supported by a corrupt judiciary, and a mainstream media owned and controlled by about 10 people worldwide.

All media should be boycotted starting with newspapers. Stop paying your TV licence. If you don't give them money - you don't finance their propaganda.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I like his evidence for all this. One blurry picture.
"They show the innocent protesters throwing things at the police as they have been heavily provoked by the police which was never mentioned by the mainstream media."

haha. so inncoent.
Coppers are pigs, oink oink.
All I know is that when I walked past there at lunch there was graffiti everywhere. It was like walking in the ghetto.
Original post by el scampio

All police are evil liars and murderers supported by a corrupt judiciary

That right there is downright offensive. These people are having there jobs, wages and pensions ect cut and they still do there jobs protecting the people of this country. And you dare say that? How dare you attack them like that for doing there jobs.
Reply 6
Welcome to the police state, don't worry though, nothing will happen to you as long as you stay at home, watch x factor and drink coca-cola.
Reply 8

Meh I find everything said by UK UNCUT to be completely worthless. especially judging by the bull**** they were posting on their twitter account.
Original post by Will Lucky
That right there is downright offensive. These people are having there jobs, wages and pensions ect cut and they still do there jobs protecting the people of this country. And you dare say that? How dare you attack them like that for doing there jobs.

^ Ignorance is bliss, I guess.
Original post by Aj12
Meh I find everything said by UK UNCUT to be completely worthless. especially judging by the bull**** they were posting on their twitter account.

But there's video evidence, so clearly the allegations are not worthless.
Reply 11
The police have become full-on corporate guards. Avon & Somerset Police is owned by IBM the courts are owned by Reliance. They are gimps for their masters.
Reply 12
Original post by simon12345
But there's video evidence, so clearly the allegations are not worthless.

Its hardly anything major. There have been far worse accusations thrown around on both sides than this.
Original post by Aj12
Its hardly anything major. There have been far worse accusations thrown around on both sides than this.

It seems pretty major to me.

I also like how the media are banging on about how 149 people have been arrested, and then go on to list a number of fairly serious different offences so as to conclude there were 149 violent protesters arrested. In actual fact 138 of them were very peaceful.

I also consider it wrong that people are being charged with aggrivated tresspass when peacefully protesting inside a shop. This is defined as 'trespasses on land with the intention of disrupting, or intimidating those taking part in, lawful activity taking place on that or adjacent land'. To charge people with just a wide and illiberal law seems to me an unfair deterrent on the right to peacefully protest. Under the definition it is even possible for people to be arrested for merely handing out leaflets to people in a shop. Their actions do not warrant a criminal record.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 14
Senior police offers conspiring to deceive and kidnap 138 innocent peaceful protesters is pretty major news if you ask me.
Reply 15
Personally i have no issue whatsoever with the 'violence'. We've just gone to war to help some people who made their message heard through violence, so i see it as completely hypocritical for the government to criticize it in any way.

The occupation of shops & department stores was Uncut taking direct action just like Greenpeace used to. It's about time the established media was a true target along with the banks.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 16
In conclusion the police state was in operation at Trafalgar Square/ Charing Cross area to flex there cowardly muscles for no reason and it was completely staged and provoked by them for no reason.

What a brilliant piece of writing.
Reply 17
It seems pretty major to me.

I also like how the media are banging on about how 149 people have been arrested, and then go on to list a number of fairly serious different offences so as to conclude there were 149 violent protesters arrested. In actual fact 138 of them were very peaceful.

I also consider it wrong that people are being charged with aggrivated tresspass when peacefully protesting inside a shop. This is defined as 'trespasses on land with the intention of disrupting, or intimidating those taking part in, lawful activity taking place on that or adjacent land'. To charge people with just a wide and illiberal law seems to me an unfair deterrent on the right to peacefully protest. Under the definition it is even possible for people to be arrested for merely handing out leaflets to people in a shop. Their actions do not warrant a criminal record.

Its private property end off. Sorry but thats the law. I am sure if I broke into your house and refused to leave you would want me arrested and removed.

Maybe but it varies from case to case. Tbh if you want to be giving out leaflets you should be doing it outside the shop rather than inside.
Reply 18

If you're on someone else's land, and you don't leave when you're told to, then you should rightly be hauled off to a police station. There's nothing 'peaceful' about encroaching on someone else's property.

I'm rather sick of protesters believing that, in addition to causing a hell of a racket and practically shutting down our city centres, they are also perfectly entitled to go around performing criminal acts because of their half-baked political beliefs.
Reply 19
"corrupt judiciary"?! Bitch please.

Its funny how we all think that we live in some deprived, oppressive, failing state because once or twice it gets found out that a single policeman was working for criminals, lobbying and because some dickweed got unfairly arrested for kicking a bin? Even if the police were shouting "yo mama" or whatever is deemed to amount to provocation, there were pictures of people smashing businesses and graffiti-ing everywhere as if these middle class teens were reckoning they were going to be the next "freedom fighters"! If you people could spend 5 minutes peeping outside your cosy little rooms, you would realise that in comparison to nearly every other place in the world, things like corruption, repression etc here dont compare to other places.

Many people dont agree with many things in this country but thankfully they have the maturity to either shrug their shoulders and get on with things or actually do something constructive about it. Wearing a black bandanna and spray painting "revolution" on someones property isnt some sort of expression of liberation, it just makes you look like a spoilt little prick. Seriously?! People smash up stuff when they are 13/14 and then grow out of such moronic behaviour? You people are doing it and you are early adults, wtf?! How can you moan about "a police state" when you smash something up and get arrested?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending