The Student Room Group

Help! A2 module resits allowed if reapplying?

I'm reapplying for medicine this year [provided I get the grades], got two interviews this time round but failed to get an offer. :mad: Anyways, I'm resitting some of my A2 modules, the modules I did in January, seeing as I didn't perform very well, I did okay, but need higher grades to secure A grades or an A*. Got all B's and one A. :frown:

Since I'll be reapplying, will it be necessary to inform universities that I resat some of my A2 modules? or will it be irrelevant seeing as I've already achieved the grades?

P.S. I'm not applying to UCL or Cambridge

Shall I have contact unis to find out or does anyone generally know which universities allow A2 module resits?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1
As long as they're sat within the 2 years then it should be OK as long as you're not applying to UCL.
Original post by Beska
As long as they're sat within the 2 years then it should be OK as long as you're not applying to UCL.

Ahh okay, thanks :smile: So, just to clarify, I wouldn't have to declare those A2 module resits that I have done within the two years on my UCAS form when reapplying in September if I have achieved the grades required?

Sorry for the questions! :tongue:
Reply 3
Original post by Phenylethylamine_
Ahh okay, thanks :smile: So, just to clarify, I wouldn't have to declare those A2 module resits that I have done within the two years on my UCAS form when reapplying in September if I have achieved the grades required?

Sorry for the questions! :tongue:

Nope - not as far as I know (but the UCAS qualifications system does confuse me a bit). You put in the "certification date" which should be the same for all your A2's. Here is what mine looks like:

And I resat a physics AS unit in my A2 year, but it didn't change the overall date of certification of the physics A2, so I suspect it will be the same if you resit an A2 unit within the 2 years as well. I think you should be okay!
Original post by Beska
Nope - not as far as I know (but the UCAS qualifications system does confuse me a bit). You put in the "certification date" which should be the same for all your A2's. Here is what mine looks like:

And I resat a physics AS unit in my A2 year, but it didn't change the overall date of certification of the physics A2, so I suspect it will be the same if you resit an A2 unit within the 2 years as well. I think you should be okay!

Okay, thank you so much! :biggrin: P.S. I know you reapplied, congrats on your offers! :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending