The Student Room Group

Would you say 24/25 is too late to turn your life around.........?

I mean if you had a 2.2 in Economics and really struggling to get a stable career and have never really backed yourself or really enjoyed your childhood but are starting to feel more cnfident.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nope. Never too late to change. People do it at any age.
Reply 2
Of course not. Plenty of people go on to do great things with their lives after having been nowhere at 25. You have a degree, and even if it is a 2:2, you are still in a better position than most people.

At 25 most people are still finding themselves.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
It's never too late to turn your life around.
Reply 4
Your never too late to make a change in your life.

Look at subo :smile:
It's never too late to turn your life around, it just gets harder as you get older!
Man with the golden voice :beard:
Spending time on this website can really warp your perspective on life. 25 is so damn young. Life isn't supposed to be a carefully planned ascent from school to uni to grad job. You can do what you want man. You are just coming into the prime of your life.
Reply 8
It's never too late to change if you want to make a difference...... when i was doing my 2nd degree I met someone who was 38 and used to stack shelves at the Morrisons for 20 years before he decided to do something about it..... he went to university to read law.... he is doing his training contract now.
Reply 9
25 is really really young! Youve got looooads of time to do what you wanna do
Reply 10
Original post by Iorek
It's never too late to change if you want to make a difference...... when i was doing my 2nd degree I met someone who was 38 and used to stack shelves at the Morrisons for 20 years before he decided to do something about it..... he went to university to read law.... he is doing his training contract now.

Wow, thats incredible ,it seems to be so hard to get a good job now. Did that guy get a degree? I regret so much not having got an internship, it has really made things difficult. What 2nd degree did you do and what yu looking to get into?
Reply 11
Original post by 0906079
It's never too late to turn your life around.

Exactly this :smile:
Reply 12
It's only too late when you're dead.
Let's say you'll live to 100. You've live 1/4 of your life so you decide.
Reply 14
Okay the life expectancy for our generations (16-24 years olds) is about 85. You are asking us whether 25 is too late to turn your life around???

Answer for yourself, does spending the next 60 years wishing you could turn back about 7 years sound like a logical choice?
Reply 15
This may not seem all that helpful, especially as I'm only 18 and wouldn't quite know what you're going through, but reading The Count of Monte Cristo and, later, the modern retelling The Stars Tennis Balls made me think that it's never too late to do anything. Most people seem to have come to this conclusion by themselves, by the looks of all the other posts, but ... that's what brought it home for me.
Ducan Bannatyne, one of the cast of bbc'c Dragons Den is one of the richest men in the UK, a multimillionaire.

He didnt start in business until he was 30 (or 29, i cant remember) and in his earlier years, left school at 15 with no qualifications, joined the navy, was expelled from the navy for trying to throw his commanding officer overboard, did a while in jail for that.
He then went to jersey to live, and worked in bars and took a lot of drink for more years.
Then at 30 he started up in business and started companies, each one more profitablee than the last and is now rich.
I dont know if this really answers your question, OP but its just an example of how one guy changed his life around, although he always was hard working.
Original post by Anonymous
I mean if you had a 2.2 in Economics and really struggling to get a stable career and have never really backed yourself or really enjoyed your childhood but are starting to feel more cnfident.

I'm at Uni in 2nd year and the man I'm gunning for is a year above me and he's nearly 30! I to entered the working world early and came to uni late (not as late as he did tho) and well the thing we both learned is that when you go into the working world, age becomes irrelevant (one of my best mates at work was 21 years older then me), if you ave the same job as someone else you are completely equal! So no it's never too late (unless you get to like 55 lol)

Figure out what you want to do and just do it!
Reply 18
Original post by Anonymous
Wow, thats incredible ,it seems to be so hard to get a good job now. Did that guy get a degree? I regret so much not having got an internship, it has really made things difficult. What 2nd degree did you do and what yu looking to get into?

That guy did a degree, when I first got to know him he was doing the LPC.... met at the mature student dinner that was on move-in day. Don't think he did any work placements or internships as he worked at Morrissons throughout his student career as he had a family of 3 young kids to feed.

My second degree is in law, I was working in the financial industry before pursuing law, after I finished reading for that law degree I decided law was not for me as I preferred being in the financial industry and being a property investor more than a lawyer, so I tell people that the real reason I went to university was to find a wife :biggrin:
Reply 19
Original post by Absinth
It's only too late when you're dead.

Very true

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending