The Student Room Group

Does listening to grime turn you stupid?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I'm waiting for some grime which kills lyrically.....been waiting a while now. Rakim has spoiled me lool
Reply 21
Original post by Calumcalum
No.
I've met plenty of people who are not chavs with no brains who listen to grime. I am one. Hi.

And I was thinking you were three.
Reply 22
Original post by Jingers
Not really. I liked some of his Hip Hop Weekly Reloaded leaks, but I've not downloaded the whole series because I cba to sign up to datpiff (or some other mixtape site). I listen to Slaughterhouse more than him.

Why do you ask?

That kanye shrugs line reminded me of one of his verses is all lol

Slaughterhouse got a new EP out if you didn't know. Can't wait for Crooked's album, Imma 'buy two for hip hop' :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TomInce6666
Again?? Being mainstream doesnt mean the songs get ****ter, just appeal to a wider/different audience.

Im a Kano man through and through :P

Its just Chipmunk that annoys me in the new one. Also ironically pow 04 just came up on itunes :P

That isn't ironic. That's coincidental.

Par, now you'll have to go blind!

I wish they brought back UK Garage, now this was music.
Original post by Jingers
That's a coincidence. It isn't irony...

Dont eat me for it :P the grime is making me stoopid >.<

Love it though.
Reply 25
Original post by Rory :)
Does listening to grime turn your stupid?
I have never met anyone who is not a chav with no brains that listens to grime.

Discuss

I listen to grime and I'm reaaallly clever.
Original post by Jingers
I listen to grime, and none of the 'mainstream' grime stuff. I still listen to songs made by teenagers in 2006-2007 purely about stabbing and robbing people, and I'm a Law student at the University of Birmingham, and I've got good A Levels and GCSEs (no bragging).

HOWEVER, after watching an episode of the Westwood show on Flava, I did feel like a retard for 10 minutes and I couldn't think of some words. I think that's more to do with TV slowing people down anyway and the dumb dumbs shown on screen.

*Kanye shrugs*

Westwood is a "dumb dumb" who fails at speaking anyway. He thinks he's a gangster, but is not. In fact, who is a gangster these days?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Now I'm always talking the hardest after listening to grime.
Reply 28
Original post by J_90
That kanye shrugs line reminded me of one of his verses is all lol

Slaughterhouse got a new EP out if you didn't know.

What verse? Sounds interesting. *Kanye shrugs* - you can't really put it into words what that image means and I cba to link an image each time I want to say it lol.

Is it the EP with like 6 songs including 'back on the scene' and the 'move on remix' with the piano? I have that, but ty.

Reply 29
Original post by therealOG

Reply 30
Original post by therealOG

Come back when S club 7 give you common sense.
Reply 31
Original post by tehforum

I see what you did there :colonhash:
Reply 32
Original post by Rory :)
Come back when S club 7 give you common sense.

But I love S Club 7 too :confused:
A genre of music doesn't define if you're clever or not.

In contradiction, many of these "mans" who spit bars must have been excelled in their English lessons (apart from Chipmunk)
Reply 34
Original post by Jingers
What verse? Sounds interesting. *Kanye shrugs* - you can't really put it into words what that image means and I cba to link an image each time I want to say it lol.

Is it the EP with like 6 songs including 'back on the scene' and the 'move on remix' with the piano? I have that, but ty.

It's off the Under Pressure freestyle he did. Yeah that's the EP I'm on about. Can't wait for Horseshoe Gang to drop an album, lovin' their songs too.
No, but for some reason listening to Lethal Bizzle makes me want to beat people up. Probably the fast beats lol
dumb thread is dumb.

Although listening to Kesha, brokencyde and or Rebecca Black may literally make you lose I.Q. points
Have you listened to a lot of grime? :rolleyes:
Reply 38
LOL! :lol:

wait. do we mean stupid as in school stupid or just plain old bimbo stupid?
Reply 39
Original post by J_90
It's off the Under Pressure freestyle he did. Yeah that's the EP I'm on about. Can't wait for Horseshoe Gang to drop an album, lovin' their songs too.

Their 'Ready, Aim, Fire' intro >>>>>>

Quick Reply

Latest