The Student Room Group

Really like someone 9 years older...

Anon please or delete since there are people I know on here...

I'm 17 and have recently met a guy who is 26. We've chatted a few times and get on so so well - he's so polite and lovely and funny and we have so much in common.
There have been people who have said that we'd make a good couple and sometimes I get the feeling that he likes me too...but am too unsure whether he'd be interested in someone as young as me, and also he's just generally lovely to everyone so I doubt myself. For the record, when we first met, he though I was a lot older (20s) and he only realised when I told him and seemed really surprised. I've always been mature for my age and other guys my age holds no attraction for me. This is the first time I've ever felt anything this deeply for anyone.

Is there anyone here who is in a relationship with a noticeable age gap? How did you get together? What should I do - give it up or keep hoping?
Misread this as "9 years old". Came in expecting all sorts of insanely epic trolling.

I was sadly disappointed.
Reply 2
Haha no, that would be the exact opposite of my problem!
This is unfortunately not a troll :tongue:
Reply 3
Hmm...how sure are you that he likes you? Is there any way that you can find out in a roundabout manner?
Reply 4
One of my former housemates was 22 and dating a 36 year old non-student, and they were very happy together. Equally, there were 9 years between my maternal grandparents and they were married for ~40 years before my grandmother died of cancer.

If you both genuinely like each other (you don't sound sure) then I can't see age being too much of an impediment.
I say just go for it! 9 years isnt that big an age gap x
Date the pedo if you want, but tbh I wouldn't.
Original post by Anonymous
Hmm...how sure are you that he likes you? Is there any way that you can find out in a roundabout manner?

why did you post a reply to your own post?!
Reply 8
Original post by History-Student
Misread this as "9 years old". Came in expecting all sorts of insanely epic trolling.

I was sadly disappointed.

Ahahahaha me too! Exactly the same, I was even thinking of good answers to post as I was clicking the thread

What a let down :frown:
Reply 9
Original post by secret_geek
why did you post a reply to your own post?!

Lol!

Quick Reply

Latest