The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Any unconditionals heard anything back yet? I know its only been a few days but im already nervous, just want to get it out of the way.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 101
Original post by cjcw20
Any unconditionals heard anything back yet? I know its only been a few days but im already nervous, just want to get it out of the way.

I havn't heard anything, although I eager to know what accommodation I have, ha. I have heard different things..Liverpool give the impression we hear back fairly quickly, but I have heard it can take a few weeks/1 or 2 months, so who knows!
Reply 102
Original post by ItsRach
I havn't heard anything, although I eager to know what accommodation I have, ha. I have heard different things..Liverpool give the impression we hear back fairly quickly, but I have heard it can take a few weeks/1 or 2 months, so who knows!

A few weeks/months??!! Im afraid i'll be giving them a call if ive not heard back by next Monday lol more out of fear of spending my room deposit rather than just being stubbornly impatient lol
Reply 103
Original post by cjcw20
A few weeks/months??!! Im afraid i'll be giving them a call if ive not heard back by next Monday lol more out of fear of spending my room deposit rather than just being stubbornly impatient lol

Haha I know what you mean, to be fair I have no idea! I hope its sooner rather than later.
Original post by DMed
The bus isn't that bad you know, only takes about 15-20 mins to get up to the halls, and in my time living up Smithdown, I only had to wait a couple of times.

I hated waking up at half eight and realised I was definitely late for my 9am class in my time at Carnatic. However having moved near the campus, I could even afford to wake up 20 minutes before the class. I know a lot of ppl would prefer Smithdown which is a popular place for students, but my experience told me I would rather stay somewhere near everything. Again, it really depends on individuals. :smile:
Reply 105
Confirmed Liverpool as my first choice to do Physiology, looking at the different halls and have no idea which to pick. I am interested in meeting lots of new people, working hard, but also playing hard ha! Any advice would be great please!!

Original post by Lucy_x
can anyone help me out :smile: i've firmed liverpool today and i'm stuck on accomodation

everyone on here seems keen on prospect point, why's that? does anyone reckon it'd be a dodgy walk past the hospital at night etc. my course is quite intense so i would like something onsite so i could go to my flat at lunch if i need too, but i really want ensuite/self catered so i don't have many choices

do you think it'd be too late to get a decent choice now? i had my interview on the 23rd and just got my offer, so i'm still waiting for the accomodation form

is anyone worried about the bus service form off site campus's? someone said that derby and rathbone, where i'd be more inclined to go, has it's own service in the mornings so it's easy to get a bus, but then i read on other threads that it's the same bus which means the one from carnatic sometimes has to go straight past greenbank and you could be waiting ages. i'm not a massive partier but definately want to make good friends outside my course

ahhh what a hard decision :P please help!

i wish liverpool had onsite campus,self catered and ensuite that was popular with first year undergraduates :P

Hey, I've just applied and if I were you I'd go to Derby & Rathbone as I've heard it's one of the better campus halls away from the main uni, plus it's the only halls to do self-catered, en-suite. My friend's sister goes there and she's in Roscoe and Gladstone, and says that D&R is better and not to go for Carnatic.
I've also gone for Prospect Point cause its self-catered, ensuite :smile: If you want self catered and en-suite, go for those two and quickly! Apparently the bus services are fine and it helps being able to get away from the main campus so you're not there all the time, and it encourages you to explore more of Liverpool and that sort of thing.
Hope this helps!
Original post by LRG
Confirmed Liverpool as my first choice to do Physiology, looking at the different halls and have no idea which to pick. I am interested in meeting lots of new people, working hard, but also playing hard ha! Any advice would be great please!!

I looked at accom for ages before deciding and got a few tips off a friend's sister who's in her final year there:
-Apparently Greenbanks is nicer than Carnatic, so if you want off-site halls, go for GB.
-Food's bearable but it's much more practical (and cheaper) to go self catered. Derby & Rathbone at GB are the only ones that do self-catered ensuite in halls off campus, if you can't stand shared bathrooms (although I've heard they're really not THAT bad)
-Prospect Point is the most popular campus accomodation as its self catered, ensuite. However, they say you meet more people at the off campus sites and it's nice to escape from the main campus sometimes. However, the on campus accomodation (which apparently all of it's nice) is closer to the city and saves you having to buy a buss pass which is apparently £300?

Hope this helps! I went for D&R at GB and then PP :smile:
Reply 108
Original post by Ben1421
In the end I just decided to play it safe. Even though I initially wanted self catered, en suite, I thought I'd just go for somewhere without any risk of it being poor socially. I see it more about the people as opposed to the actual accommodation I suppose. Thrown in what was going to be my first choice as my second choice just for some variation...

1 - Dale Hall (catered)
2 - D&R (self catered, en-suite)
3 - Lady Mountford House (catered)

Gawd I'm so indecisive. Ended up swapping the first 2 choices around. Will leave it at that now.

As long as D&R/Greenbank are social and decent enough, it should be fine should I get it.
Reply 109
Original post by jacksmyhero
I looked at accom for ages before deciding and got a few tips off a friend's sister who's in her final year there:
-Apparently Greenbanks is nicer than Carnatic, so if you want off-site halls, go for GB.
-Food's bearable but it's much more practical (and cheaper) to go self catered. Derby & Rathbone at GB are the only ones that do self-catered ensuite in halls off campus, if you can't stand shared bathrooms (although I've heard they're really not THAT bad)
-Prospect Point is the most popular campus accomodation as its self catered, ensuite. However, they say you meet more people at the off campus sites and it's nice to escape from the main campus sometimes. However, the on campus accomodation (which apparently all of it's nice) is closer to the city and saves you having to buy a buss pass which is apparently £300?

Hope this helps! I went for D&R at GB and then PP :smile:

Thank you for that, yes it does! Its just I have heard so many different opinions on the same halls so now I am just feeling so indecisive ha! :smile:
Reply 110
how do i apply for accommodation
i just got my offer today
Reply 111
^ you have to wait for them to send you an email inviting you to apply, you should get it a day or 2 after you've made their offer your firm conditional or unconditional.
Original post by EMC06
1 - Prospect Point
2 - D&R Self Catered Ensuite
3 - D&R Catered Ensuite

so excited!

Haha, exact same here!! See you at Prospect Point hopefully!!:biggrin:
Reply 113
Original post by jacksmyhero
Hey, I've just applied and if I were you I'd go to Derby & Rathbone as I've heard it's one of the better campus halls away from the main uni, plus it's the only halls to do self-catered, en-suite. My friend's sister goes there and she's in Roscoe and Gladstone, and says that D&R is better and not to go for Carnatic.
I've also gone for Prospect Point cause its self-catered, ensuite :smile: If you want self catered and en-suite, go for those two and quickly! Apparently the bus services are fine and it helps being able to get away from the main campus so you're not there all the time, and it encourages you to explore more of Liverpool and that sort of thing.
Hope this helps!

thankyou that helps so much! so what i've put is...
1) d&r s/c ensuite
2) d&r catered ensuite
3) prospect point!

you know you put your application in right, did you get the email saying that it's been sent in. coz i got that and then edited my application so do you think that's all fine? because it said my app hasn't been processed yet. don't worry if you don't know! thanks again :smile:
Original post by TheKnowledge
Haha, exact same here!! See you at Prospect Point hopefully!!:biggrin:

Ive done the same, so I will see you there :biggrin:
Reply 115
is it first come first serve for conditionals??
would really like to know
does anyone know
or shall i email them?
Reply 116
I imagine that it would be first come first serve, it would be the only fair way? Worth asking them I suppose.
Reply 117
Why is everyone going off-campus, please tell me someone has applied in Marybone 2 - perfect as its near the sciencey building, en-suite, self-catered and right in the heart of the city :smile:
Heyy :biggrin: I wonder when the room offers will come through for unconditionals? No-one has heard anything yet have they? I've applied for:-

1. Roscoe and Gladstone
2. Derby and Rathbone en-suite
3. Derby and Rathbone

All catered :biggrin: I really want to know which one I'll be getting!!!
Reply 119
Nope, still not heard anything yet :frown: everytime I get an email through to my Blackberry I pray its from the accommodation people lol what made you pick Roscoe then?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending