The Student Room Group

Why are Asian guys so insecure?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The-Real-One
Aren't you going to make some sort of comment about the size of Asian penises?

I couldnt possibly comment. I've dated an Indian before. He was above average so I'm not going to jump on the whole "asians have small penises" bandwagon.
Reply 61
Original post by gunmetalpanda
:facepalm:

Original post by NellGwynne
Hey! :smile::tongue:

Asian guy 1 metalpanda 0 :u:
because they aren't in their natural habitat, and feel too different from everyone else. If you went to Asia to live there, you would be insecure too if you were completely different from everyone and none of the girls like you.
Original post by HumanNature1992
because white girls dont like Asian guys :sad:

:u:

Speak for yourself.
Original post by wqliu90
Asian guy 1 metalpanda 0 :u:

:colonhash:
Reply 65
Because they face a hell of a lot of racism in real life.
Reply 66
Original post by mirin?
Because they face a hell of a lot of racism in real life.

VERY true.

Off-topic:

Spoiler

:awesome: :rofl:
Original post by King-Panther
Speak for yourself.

read my second post on the 1st page
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 68
Original post by gunmetalpanda
:colonhash:

:ahee:
I love how our conversation is full of troll, while everyone else ripping on one other.
Reply 69
Original post by Cabled
VERY true.

Off-topic:

Spoiler

:awesome: :rofl:

Yessss, you mirin aesthetics brah.
Reply 70
Original post by Vale9
That's easy. The vast majority of women (bar Asian women of course) simply aren't attracted to Asian men, so of course Asian men are going to be insecure.

Nearly all women also believe in the stereotype that all Asian men are short and have tiny penises.

/thread.

You chat the biggest **** I've seen in my life. Asian girls not interested in Asian men but White/Black boys? Please, don't flatter yourself, that's why most Asian girls in School/College are always together and pay no interest in White males. Of course I'm talking about a majority.
Reply 71
Original post by Kyuu
You chat the biggest **** I've seen in my life. Asian girls not interested in Asian men but White/Black boys? Please, don't flatter yourself, that's why most Asian girls in School/College are always together and pay no interest in White males. Of course I'm talking about a majority.

The quote didn't say that Asian women don't like Asian men :smile:
Such a stereotype
from my own experience, they're far from insecure. i'm indian and a majority of the south asian guys i know are the cockiest douchebags, ever. therefore, you're reasoning is flawed.
Original post by robotwars

Original post by robotwars
particularly the ones on tsr. i swear the threads asking for people to comment on their appearance, over half of them are from asian guys, and there are so many threads created about if white girls like indian/pakastani guys and if white girls like oriental guys. its truly pathetic.

i do agree that white girls are very attractive but 'white looking' or 'Anglicised' asian girls are also very attractive. that is besides the point however.

so why are asian guys so insecure? you notice it more on tsr where people speak more of their mind and display their true feelings but it is apparent as well in real life.

i think it's because we eat too many chappati's.
Reply 75
I think anybody who does not to know the answer ought to think about a very common cause for male insecurity, then think about it in that context
Reply 76
Original post by golddust&lipgloss
from my own experience, they're far from insecure. i'm indian and a majority of the south asian guys i know are the cockiest douchebags, ever. therefore, you're reasoning is flawed.

Cockiness is often from insecurity
Reply 77
well i think its really a relative term, "insecure". its mostly a cultural thing (cant speak for all asians, really only the orientals), a big "virtue" embedded in our culture is humility in everything we do/say, as well as being more reserved in front of people you dont know that well (sort of having two "faces" as it were)

in western culture it may seem insecure because on a RELATIVE basis, westerners are far more confident and outgoing in general

i mean back home no one would say a person is insecure if that said person downplayed his achievements and said "no theres always someone better than me, im not that good at all", its a sign that you know your place and arent being arrogant, and you are respected for that back home, whilst here its perceived as insecure

westerners are also a lot more outgoing (in general), i mean, its really normal, even in central london, to strike up a friendly conversation with the shopkeepers or taxi drivers or really just opening yourself to strangers, whilst back home, its seen as invasive and inappropriate, people who take the initiative to "open up" to strangers are either crazy, drunk, or attracted to the person they are trying to talk to

no perception is right or wrong, it is after all, a perception
Reply 78
Original post by Man
Cockiness is often from insecurity

I am smug but it is not from a lack of confidence. Some of us are just like that. I mean I never doubt myself due to the fact I am always right in the long run.
Reply 79
I know a lot of asian guys who aren't insecure and some who are, same for black, white, oriental and all others of the male species.

Quick Reply

Latest