The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by timorockstaryeo
Hello! Is there anyone going to/in University of Bristol?

I might go there but only in 2012!

Are you going this year?
Reply 2341
Original post by timorockstaryeo
hey acegunner, no worries! i'm going to bristol in september to start school. I think warwick is possible but KCL is kinda dicey. But still, I think you should spread your choices evenly. Meaning, choose a couple of slightly out of reach unis (you never know your chances so just try!), then two safe choices and finally one backup plan should all fail (choy). That's what I did and it worked out for me. So i guess you could put down both Warwick and KCL. You'll never know what might happen! Cheers =)

Hi may i ask why bristol? what were your other options? i'm tryign to decide bet notts bham and bristol for law
Original post by volante
I might go there but only in 2012!

Are you going this year?

Yeah! I'm headed there this fall. Its a lovely place to study in. I was there last december only for a day trip but I loved it.
Original post by lalalaxx
Hi may i ask why bristol? what were your other options? i'm tryign to decide bet notts bham and bristol for law

Well, I had either Bristol or Manchester to choose from cos I got rejected from LSE and Kings. So i asked around the UCAS forums and TSE forums about Bristol's reputation for Law and they all said that it seemed to be better than Manc. Plus I visited both places last dec to see how it was like. The people at bristol were really nice whilst the ones at Manc didn't really seem bothered to entertain me. =( Additionally bristol is BEAUTIFUL. Did you go for the Bristol offer holders event at Wong Partnership?
Reply 2344
okay i just applied haha. late right i know. applied notts, soas, bristol, york anddd durham! need to do well for my lnat D:
haha. omg. lnats. don't remind me. lnats were a nightmare for me. make sure you try the practice questions.
Reply 2346
Anyone firmed a place at King's to read Law? Or still waiting, at least? :smile:
Reply 2347
Original post by adamlaw
Anyone firmed a place at King's to read Law? Or still waiting, at least? :smile:

May I know how did you score for your A levels to get a place in King's law?
I intend to apply there in the next cycle!
Original post by Isaacchan
what is CRB ??!?!??!?!?!??!?!??! You're making me panic! :eek:

I have no idea what you're talking about in 1 and 2. OMG.

3.) I will apply 3 mths before my course starts. the opening date. why? 2 reasons. I'm going backpacking in australia in july and I want to settle this ASAP. 2.) I am a damn kiasu singaporean.

4.) What is section B? omg.

5.) Why do u need to send over your docs? huh???

why did u receive a conditional? I received an unconditional from Leeds w/o having to take any additional tests. But then again I'm a guy and I did my NS in 2008. I suspect you're a girl who just received your A levels?

yeap ima girl who just fin my A levels. okay. its a record to say you're a perfectly safe, sensible person, able to work with kids/elderly.

you'll probably need your COC. then as narev stated. costs $50 if i'm not wrong. takes 3 weeks processing time.

but again, i think it may be different for unconditional offers. (:
Original post by eirelavtan
yeap ima girl who just fin my A levels. okay. its a record to say you're a perfectly safe, sensible person, able to work with kids/elderly.

you'll probably need your COC. then as narev stated. costs $50 if i'm not wrong. takes 3 weeks processing time.

but again, i think it may be different for unconditional offers. (:

I read it on the SPF website- they'll only give you a COC if some govt agency or whatever asks for it. Well, no one asked me for anything, so I'm not doing anything until someone asks me for it. :P

anyway which uni are u going? gosh i'm so excited haha
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2350
Original post by volante
May I know how did you score for your A levels to get a place in King's law?
I intend to apply there in the next cycle!

Sorry I can't advise. I was from a poly.
Reply 2351
Original post by Isaacchan
I read it on the SPF website- they'll only give you a COC if some govt agency or whatever asks for it. Well, no one asked me for anything, so I'm not doing anything until someone asks me for it. :P

anyway which uni are u going? gosh i'm so excited haha

It does not need to be a government agency. To be honest, if you send them an email and explain that your University / charity organization in the UK wants it, they'll do it for you provided they receive a letter / official document from them. I've had to do that last year.
Reply 2352
Original post by adamlaw
Sorry I can't advise. I was from a poly.

wow what did you do in poly?
must have gotten a really high gpa!
Reply 2353
Original post by volante
wow what did you do in poly?
must have gotten a really high gpa!

Did a diploma in law and management, tp. Uhmmm, not very high... but high enough I guess :wink:
Reply 2354
aberystwyth uni 2011 Int Pol with Econs any fellow sillyporean?
Hey guys I was just wondering if I could ask some of you for advice. I recieved my acceptence into the University of Manchester yesterday to read European Studies with Italian and I'm wondering if I should go for it instead of studying at NUS Arts and Social Science plus USP which I already have a places in. I love the UK and it would be a dream to study there especially in a good university like Manchester but that mean taking on a huge loan. Is it really worth it? Or would it be better to just stay in Singapore?

Also I'd like to ask if a degree from NUS is recognised in the UK and Europe in general? I want to work in Europe after graduating. What do you guys think? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 2356
Original post by qwertyfied
Hey guys I was just wondering if I could ask some of you for advice. I recieved my acceptence into the University of Manchester yesterday to read European Studies with Italian and I'm wondering if I should go for it instead of studying at NUS Arts and Social Science plus USP which I already have a places in. I love the UK and it would be a dream to study there especially in a good university like Manchester but that mean taking on a huge loan. Is it really worth it? Or would it be better to just stay in Singapore?

Also I'd like to ask if a degree from NUS is recognised in the UK and Europe in general? I want to work in Europe after graduating. What do you guys think? Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

if you can afford it go:smile:
but from what i know machester is better for its business degree rather then European studies
Original post by Narev
It does not need to be a government agency. To be honest, if you send them an email and explain that your University / charity organization in the UK wants it, they'll do it for you provided they receive a letter / official document from them. I've had to do that last year.

they ignored my email for over a week.

so i guess i'm going down to e police cantonment complex to get it myself.

how much did you have to pay for your COC?

also, is COC = CNCC?

and how long is the processing time? (some websites say 3 wks, some say 8 wks..)

and just to confirm again (cos i called them up and they replied that what i was looking for was a CNCC and it costed 45 SGD)

there are so many different versions about the application prodecure, fees, and documents to bring that i'm confused -.-
Reply 2358
Original post by eirelavtan
they ignored my email for over a week.

so i guess i'm going down to e police cantonment complex to get it myself.

how much did you have to pay for your COC?

also, is COC = CNCC?

and how long is the processing time? (some websites say 3 wks, some say 8 wks..)

and just to confirm again (cos i called them up and they replied that what i was looking for was a CNCC and it costed 45 SGD)

there are so many different versions about the application prodecure, fees, and documents to bring that i'm confused -.-

It's a COC. The CNCC is the outdated version, but they didn't take down the website.

What I did was send them an email (to the wrong email address too - cause I thought it was still CNCC and not COC), but it was redirected to COC and answered within a day. They processed it in less than 2 weeks for me, not counting post from UK->Singapore->UK. This was during the Christmas period too, so I'm actually quite lucky.

I would guess the processing time depends on the 'urgency' (I stated it was important and I needed it by a specific date - and they acknowledged and said they would try to expedite the process), and whether there are people applying for the COC as well.

Hope this helps!
Reply 2359
hi guys! anyone reading medicine at imperial college this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending