The Student Room Group

Awkward situation - what to do?

Serious replies please folks.

So I've had my job for nearly a year but in January I got new bosses. Man and woman (couple obviously.) I spent a lot of time with them cos I work like 6-7 days a week. It's in a bar. When they first started, me and the two bosses used to have regular lock ins and get drunk, but after a while the woman stopped bothering with them. Then like 2 times a week it was just me and the guy. Nothing wrong with that - purely boss and staff having a laugh/drink together.

After a couple of weeks of this happening, he kept saying and doing stuff that made me think he might have been into me. But I brushed it off because I thought I was just reading the signs wrong and he was just being friendly. There's a 12 year age gap between us after all.

Recently it's been a lot more, calling me 'hot' and 'gorgeous' - obviously when his other half isn't around. He stays up late with me as opposed to going to bed with his girlfriend, which she has found out about and is wary of whats going on with us. She told my co worker that he's tried it on with his staff before.

He always jokes with me when I leave the bar with other guys because he assumes I'm gonna sleep with them. But I always text him when I get in so he knows I got in safe (I have to walk home at like 3am in a dodgy area.) The other day he replied to my 'i got home' text asking about a guy, then it led to him asking me when he was gonna get his turn with me. Obviously I said no because a) he's my boss and b) he has a girlfriend. I might have considered it if he was just a random guy.
Two days ago me and a coworker stayed over there in the spare room. I was drunk out my face and he started texting me. Saying he thought I was hot and how he is gonna have his turn with me and if I was gonna stop resisting and just let it happen. Again I reminded him of his wife, but I was doing it in a jokey way.

What do I do? I love my job and really don't want to leave over something like this. But I don't wanna make it awkward between me and him, me and his girlfriend. I already know they're having relationship problems and I kinda feel like its my fault. Am I leading him on by spending more than neccesary time with him (I always saw it as a friend thing) and by not being more forceful when he texts me? Like I said, he is nice but he's my boss and has a girlfriend who worships him.

Advice people? I feel like crap over this. :frown: Sorry if it's too long.
TL;DR - Boss fancies me, wants a lay from me. Has a missus - advice?

EDIT - I do not want to shag him. Anything from the 1st page is just for the lolz, no seriousness
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well that is awkward.

Very awkward.

Stop drinking into the late hours with him. You really are having him on by doing that (inadvertanly, obviously).
Reply 2
:lolwut:

Stay away from him.
Reply 3
Original post by Alpharius
Well that is awkward.

Very awkward.

Stop drinking into the late hours with him. You really are having him on by doing that (inadvertanly, obviously).

Maybe. I guess I just never thought staying for a drink with my boss would be seen as leading him on. Thanks though.
Reply 4
The awkward moment when someone spells awkward wrong..
v..v.. awkward
Reply 5
Original post by loling909
:lolwut:

Stay away from him.

Haha. How do you stay away from someone who you work 7 hours a day six days a week with? :colondollar:
Reply 6
Original post by EffKayy
The awkward moment when someone spells awkward wrong..
v..v.. awkward

Shoot me. I made a typo :rolleyes:
Make an elaborate plan involving you recording him saying how much he wants you and whenever he flirts or comes on to you, play the recording to the higherups at the organisation, blackmailing him then you can usurp his position and assume control of Goldman sachs *whatever company it is.

You're on your way to the top.
Original post by Tw1x
Haha. How do you stay away from someone who you work 7 hours a day six days a week with? :colondollar:

She means don't see him outside of work and don't flirt/joke with him in work and he'll get the message.
Reply 9
Edit: ....
Reply 10
Original post by lukejoshjedi
Make an elaborate plan involving you recording him saying how much he wants you and whenever he flirts or comes on to you, play the recording to the higherups at the organisation, blackmailing him then you can usurp his position and assume control of Goldman sachs *whatever company it is.

You're on your way to the top.

Funny you should say that. I've got loads of texts off him saying...inappropriate things? that my friend thinks I should use as blackmail for a payrise :tongue:
Original post by Tw1x
Funny you should say that. I've got loads of texts off him saying...inappropriate things? that my friend thinks I should use as blackmail for a payrise :tongue:

Keep his texts but don't reply. Then if the **** hits the fan you are completely in the clear.
Reply 12
Original post by Tw1x

Well for once stop drinking with him..
he sounds like a desperate creep no offense,
Just tell him, NO!...You know, it's wrong, he's your boss and he's married, and he's like 12 years older than you...his wife sure ain't pleasing him the waay he wants I tell yaaa :colonhash:
Reply 13
Original post by vegastwotimes
Keep his texts but don't reply. Then if the **** hits the fan you are completely in the clear.

I wouldn't say I'm in the clear. I was extremely drunk when I stayed over with my coworker and replied to alot of the texts. Now I feel guilty as hell...
Reply 14
Awkward turtle him
Reply 15
Original post by loling909
Well for once stop drinking with him..
he sounds like a desperate creep no offense,
Just tell him, NO!...You know, it's wrong, he's your boss and he's married, and he's like 12 years older than you...his wife sure ain't pleasing him the waay he wants I tell yaaa :colonhash:

From what I hear, they haven't slept together since they moved here and became my bosses. Which was just after Christmas, crazy stuff.
Reply 16
Sleep with him and get a promotion??

Oh wait you wre being serious erm politely decline and say you aren't into him that way?
Reply 17
Tw1x: You haven't said if you're male or female.
Original post by Tw1x
I wouldn't say I'm in the clear. I was extremely drunk when I stayed over with my coworker and replied to alot of the texts. Now I feel guilty as hell...

Well as long as you didn't tell him that you wanted to sleep with him, and you reminded him of his wife in some way, jokingly or not... I say you're on better moral ground than he is. Stop replying, avoid spending unecessary time with him... Change the subject if it gets flirty. Hopefully he'll get the message - and good luck.
He has a girlfriend and a wife and now wants you as well? :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending