The Student Room Group

Have you ever came away from meeting a member of the opposite sex thinking...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've been in this sort of trance for the last 6 months at the least.. :colonhash:
Reply 21
Original post by Anonymous
They do indeed. But for tonight: what was that?! :smile:

:colondollar: :bubbles:

Why are you anonymous? :colone:

Just realised you're the OP. Haha, yeah what was that??! LOL
(edited 13 years ago)
I have a hard time figuring out who I like anyway. (I'm highly cynical when it comes to who I like - whether I like them because I think I should or because I really do. So I over-think it and end up liking them on and off for a very long time without ever doing anything about it for fear of rejection.)

But, yes, I've experienced what you're saying, too, OP.
Reply 23
Original post by Tobia_s
Have you CAME away? :lolwut:

:rolleyes: lolwut indeed. I meant 'come' away...
Reply 24
'What just happened?' But in a sort of nice, albeit confused way?

I'm a female and I've just done so and it's a comforted feeling...not a 'I really fancy you sort of thing. And now I can't stop thinking about the person even though it wasn't a blatent fancying him thing, but again a 'What just happened...'. Anyone had this...?

I'm probably just nuts.

Were you in the Library when this happened next to the window?
Reply 25
Original post by Nizzay!
Were you in the Library when this happened next to the window?

Em, no, sorry :redface:
Original post by insoms
I can't get the girl who gave me a tour of a University out of my head (just us 2, I should turn up late and miss the a main group leaving more often :colondollar:)

She was amazing, I think its because shes the first Physics girl (infact first Physics student full stop) that I had met at the time, and omg she was so passionate it was amazing. She really knew her stuff I've never met a student so passionate about their subject. At one point when she was telling me about the private study rooms she said there was so many "you can usually find an empty one which is good because I often prefer to work alone bit of peace and quet". At this point I was like OMG is she the female version of me? :colondollar:

I remember an Open Day guide at Manchester many years back when I was looking round. She was a Welsh girl with a soft accent, I can still more or less remember what she looked like, I don't think I asked her any direct questions I just observed her. She went round some of the accommodation and common rooms and just chatted. Why I remember that encounter, was not that she was supermodel fit, but she was attractive in an approachable and friendly way. I remember at the time I was a 6 former a bit nervous about what university would be like, you know, you only really know people from your own area, who you've known for years, you wonder what girls from the 'outside world' are like, if they'd be friendly, if they'd all laugh at me etc. But that girl who was a guide, gave me some more confidence about going to university, because it made me look forwards to going more, I thought if there are girls like that, who are down to earth and friendly and approachable, I won't have any problems meeting and getting on with girls in uni.

I still remember her and I would have liked to have met her in a different situation and got to know her, even though I was only with her maybe 25-30 minutes, I remember her after all these years.
Reply 27
Em, no, sorry :redface:

Dayyyummmm, I need to find that gyal again. :rolleyes:
I kinda get what this means because its how I got with my BF. We were just aquaintances before (friend of a friend) had talked a couple of times and I never considered him potential love interest, but one night we went out together and at the end of the night it was like, "WTF? I really fancy you, how come I didn't realise this before??!"
yeah i know exactly what you mean, the eye contact and everything, there's this guy at college who i see not too often but often enough and there's something there, it is confusing but i'm attracted to him and i think he is aswell but we are both incredibly shy and i've never made the first move i don't even know how to and i never see him alone, but by accident i found him on fb through mutual friends so i know his name and stuff but have never spoken to him, it's incredibly frustrating
Reply 30
Yh I get what you mean OP, like they've got something naturally likeable about them...I'm pretty sure its charisma, but that would depend on if other people like them

Wow, seems like this Open-Day-guide-thing has happened to lots of peopl - thought it was just me :teehee: I recently got invited to a Visit Day at Aston; arrived a little late, so I got to take a one-on-one mini-tour of it with a 3rd year student ; she seemed really approachable and friendly. Didn't really think about her till the end of the tour, when we sat back in the great hall. Funny thing is, she wasn't an amazing looker; had a nice face, average body, and had a very slight case of knock knee - which I find kinda cute :sexface:
Reply 31
The experience sounds quite magical. Good on you OP, best of luck
You mean meeting the opposite sex for the first time and thinking 'wow'?

Yes, I'm sure it happens to most people.

Met a guy once at a festival, he was so cool I was completely in awe.

Tried to ask him out weeks later after adding him on facebook but I accidentally said it was social experiment and he decided to ignore me.

I still kick myself to this day.
Reply 33
Original post by yeahyeahyeahs
You mean meeting the opposite sex for the first time and thinking 'wow'?

Yes, I'm sure it happens to most people.

Met a guy once at a festival, he was so cool I was completely in awe.

Tried to ask him out weeks later after adding him on facebook but I accidentally said it was social experiment and he decided to ignore me.

I still kick myself to this day.

Not exactly, it wasn't obvious attraction. I think the guy above ^ might be right about it being the charisma. Although I know exactly what you're talking about too :wink:

A social experiment? Oh dear, lol...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending