The Student Room Group

UCAS Number. Only realised. Worried.

Hey guys.

Applied for Computing and my ucas code doesnt match.

I definitely double checked It was that, as I knew the difference. Anyways after 2 months of choosing my firm, I checked the UCAS code which is the Sandwich Year (4 years) choice.

Have I technically applied for the wrong course?

Just realised like 5 minutes ago.

Sorry If Im rambling on.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MikeeyMon
Hey guys.

Applied for UCAS for MMU Forensic Computing to do the normal 3 years which was UCAS code 551.

I definitely double checked It was that, as I knew the difference. Anyways after 2 months of choosing my firm, I checked the UCAS code and it was 550 which is the Sandwich Year (4 years) choice.

Just realised like 5 minutes ago. Really scared and worried, really want to go to University.

Sorry If Im rambling on.

Sometimes unis change you to a different course if they think you'd be more suited, not sure why they'd add in the sandwich bit unless they've discontinued the other course or something? That's pretty unlikely though. Maybe ring them up and ask? If not, I wouldn't worry. Firstly because a sandwich year would be beneficial in the long run, as I'm guessing it is a year in industry and secondly, it is very easy to change course in your first week at uni.
Reply 2
I really didn't want a sandwich year though.

but it sounds so yummy
Reply 4

You'll most likely be able to change.
Ring up the uni and explain that you thought you applied for the normal 3 year course and ask if you could change. There's usually an option to change once you start the course, but to put your mind at rest you could clarify it with the uni now.
Reply 6
Hey guys.

Applied for UCAS for MMU Forensic Computing to do the normal 3 years which was UCAS code 551.

I definitely double checked It was that, as I knew the difference. Anyways after 2 months of choosing my firm, I checked the UCAS code and it was 550 which is the Sandwich Year (4 years) choice.

Just realised like 5 minutes ago. Really scared and worried, really want to go to University.

Sorry If Im rambling on.

Hey my boyfriend applied to this course too and it's actually UCAS's fault. What MMU have on their website as the two course codes, UCAS have the wrong way round... So yeah just ring MMU and ask, it shouldn't be a problem and if not you can usually change when you're there :smile:
Reply 7
Thanks guys,

Rang them this morning and UCAS. They said letters should have been sent out as the course name was changing. They said it is fine and I can usually sort it at enrolment. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending