The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Anyone been accepted to UCL with 3 AS/A Levels?

CLOSED
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Well if you'd really wanted to go to UCL then maybe you should have checked that?

Also you can do an AS level in your second year.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
If they say they want four AS levels that means they want four AS levels, UCL isnt just a 'reasonably top' university, its a top university (4th in the world according to QS World Rankings) and you'll be competing with very good students from all over the world for a place, students who will no doubt have 4 or even 5 AS levels. If you want to go to UCL i'd suggest you take another AS level next year.

Hope this helps.
They do say that they will except the Extended Project as an alternative to a 4th AS level so you could do that next year instead if your college offers this. It is usually the norm to take 4 AS levels and 3 A2 so it seems strange that neither your school nor college suggested this to you.
Reply 4
I thought it was standard practice nowadays for people to take 4 AS Levels and then go on to do 3 A Levels...
Reply 5
Original post by ButterflyOfFreedom
They do say that they will except the Extended Project as an alternative to a 4th AS level so you could do that next year instead if your college offers this. It is usually the norm to take 4 AS levels and 3 A2 so it seems strange that neither your school nor college suggested this to you.

Would also recommend doing the Extended Project over taking an AS. I heard it's mega easy and it can be done in a relatively short amount of time (compared to taking an AS). Also, Extended Project looks really good in your personal statement and is very useful for whatever path for university/life you want to take as it gives you some kind of prior understanding of something.

Either that or take something like Critical Thinking/General Studies. Not sure if UCL accept that as an extra AS though.
Reply 6
Original post by In_Infamy
Would also recommend doing the Extended Project over taking an AS. I heard it's mega easy and it can be done in a relatively short amount of time (compared to taking an AS). Also, Extended Project looks really good in your personal statement and is very useful for whatever path for university/life you want to take as it gives you some kind of prior understanding of something.

Either that or take something like Critical Thinking/General Studies. Not sure if UCL accept that as an extra AS though.

I don't know much about the extended projects but i do know the UCL will not be interested in Critical Thinking/General Studies as an AS or even an A2.

I would suggest that you start another AS when your doing your A2's. Or over the summer get a tutor and then take a complete AS in the January 2011 exam period so that it won't class with your A2 exams in June.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending