That's cruel.
Reply 41
Gosh. That was incredibly harsh of her.
Reply 42
Original post by aeterno

Original post by aeterno
Sit on her and squish the bitch :colonhash:

:rofl:
Ask to see a copy of the University's Staff Code of Conduct, Equality and Diversity Policy and Harassment and Bullying Policy. You will have to read each of these policies to determine which one, if any, has been breached in your case.

Harassment may be defined as "behaviour where a person is subjected to unwanted conduct, which has the purpose (intentionally), or the effect (unintentionally) of violating that person’s dignity or creating an intimidating, hostile, degrading, humiliating or offensive environment for that individual."

If you feel you have been the victim of harassment, discrimination on the grounds of a disability, or unacceptable conduct by a member of staff you could complain to the University. Your Student's Union would be a good place to go for advice on this.
Original post by aeterno
sit on her and squish the bitch :colonhash:

:colone:
do it
Reply 45
am i the only one who thought it was definitely a girl posting until the 2nd paragraph?
Reply 46
Original post by m45
am i the only one who thought it was definitely a girl posting until the 2nd paragraph?

No, for some reason I was sure it was a girl till it got to the "I'm the only fat guy" part, which was a bit :curious:.

But, yeah, that was pretty harsh of your lecturer op
U fat doe? Standard brav, mans needs a run.
Make a formal complaint to student services. It was completely unnecessary. You can say something like even if the 'obesity' part of the book was a coincidence, it was unnecessary for the lecturer to publically humilate you and laugh when someone made a fat joke. x
Well, lecturers are alot like people. Some of them act badly because they had a hard life, or have been mistreated by students. But, like people some of the are just jerks! With lecturers it helps to be attractive and flirty or just suck up to them. It helps their God complex. Seriously, though you should have a policy on bullying. However, some lecturers have evolved and use higher forms of psychological warfare to avoid these rules. The irony is I intend to become one but not the jerk subspecies hopefully. See Simpsons Stampy episode for reference.
I feel for you, but I did laugh.

Harsh, but definitely my sence of humour.

I think your taking it too seriously.
Reply 51
Original post by Anonymous
Today in my Communication and IP Skills lecture we were studying about different reading methods. So my lecturer took out this little book, opened it and she handed it over to some girl and asked her to skim through the two pages in front of her (gave her 10 seconds) and tell her what it said. The girl wasn't able to explain properly so she took the book back from her. At that moment I saw that "Obesity" was written in large letters on the cover. The lecturer called out my name (even though I was sitting way back in the room and right in the middle of the row) and handed the book over to me and told me to do the same thing. Pretty much everyone knew by now what the book was about. So this guy sitting next to me says "Go on this book is about you" and the lecturer laughs and says "Oh maybe it's a coincidence". And everyone started snickering and laughing. It was so majorly awkward and embarrassing. I had to go over the text for 10 seconds. When she asked me to tell her what it said. I mumbled and stammered and managed to convey a few facts about obesity and overweight people.

Thing is, I am the only overweight/obese guy in my class. Everyone else is skinny and whatnot. I found it all to be so embarrassing and insulting. Do you think she did it personally? I kept thinking about this and couldn't concentrate at all for the rest of the lecture. Damn.

Personally would have told the person next to you to say it again and he'll be out the window.

Stand up for yourself ffs.
Reply 52
You should have powerbombed her through one of the desks before storming out.
Reply 53
maybe you should lose some weight then?
Original post by Manc990
The Same happened to me with a book on schizophrenic paranoia, but they have always been out to get us!!

Schizophrenia =/= dissociative identity disorder.

Nothing worse than a factually incorrect joke...
Wow what a bitch, you should eat her
Reply 56
Original post by SayonaraSamm

There is, some one like yourself who questions why in fact a chicken would be crossing the road as it is a farm animal
Original post by SayonaraSamm

I bet you are loads of fun at parties.
Reply 58
Original post by .meh.
I think it was done on purpose. Give her a book entitled 'Bitches in the 21st century'.

This. Seriously, do something similar to her.

And get back to us after and tell what happened :ahee:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending