The Student Room Group

Girls, do you care what type of guy hits on you? (RACE TOPIC)

Regardless of race?
Im asian and was trying it on with a girl and she said sorry don't date asians?

Needless to say i was pissed but i'd like to hear some views if someone hits on you with a different race?

What goes through your mind?

Scroll to see replies

I don't actually care about ethnicity/race, but i might use that excuse if i really didn't want to go out with that guy and couldn't think of another reason. Not that anyone ever asked me out...:colondollar:

Edit: I wasn't actually being serious.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
I would never say something like that. If I wanted to date the guy, I'd say yes. If not, I'd politely decline and leave it at that. I'd be flattered either way.
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah, once Dwayne Chambers hit on me at some bar. But I was waiting for Usain Bolt. He came quickly after :blush:
i don't know/see around enough asian guys and it upsets me.
Reply 5
Original post by Yahzoo
Regardless of race?

Needless to say i was pissed but i'd like to hear some views if someone hits on you with a different race?

Guy but I go for blondes and the odd brunette anyone else and they get a no from me... unless it is for a one nighter then I go for anyone (more or less) :smile:

And tbh not everyone wants to be with an Asian, just like not everyone wants to be with a white girl (or boy if girl)... it's life, life is harsh get used it now :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
A lot of girls have issues with dating people from a different race. I must have heard about 50 Oriental girls say they wouldn't go near African guys (never talked to one that would, I don't know why), same with a lot of Caucasian girls. Never really talked to a girl that says she doesn't like south Asians though.
Reply 7
I seem to get hit on my mostly non-British people. .__.

I don't like it, but not because of the race, just because I'm taken (funnily enough, by a s. american, heh.)
Reply 8
Haha! "I don't date Asians!" That's so harsh!

Most people have their types that they're attracted to, and certain races won't fall into those types, but you wouldn't come out and say that would you?! As always, it depends on the person - you could generally not be attracted to a certain race but really find one individual attractive, attractiveness isn't just based on one factor.

To be perfectly honest though, I always get a bit suss nowadays when black guys hit on me - purely because every single time it has happened, bar one, it's been sleazy and occasionally aggressive. That's not to say that all races don't have their sleazeballs, but it's been pretty much every time.
Do hot blondes ever consider getting with Asians? I've never actually got a date from a blonde.
Reply 10
Original post by Yahzoo
Regardless of race?

:zomg: What a bitch.

No, honestly I don't care about race, ethnicity whatever...
Reply 11
Original post by Cheesecakefactory
Do hot blondes ever consider getting with Asians? I've never actually got a date from a blonde.

Spoiler

:teehee:
Original post by Yahzoo
Regardless of race?

Then she's an idiot, Asian guys are the best she doesn't know what she's missing :wink:

But to answer your question, race or ethnicity would have not come into my decision about going out with someone. I'd judge them on personality, likes and dislikes, stuff like that.
(edited 13 years ago)
Jeez I'd never be as blunt as that girl was! I'd just say I was flattered, but no thank you.
Reply 14
Original post by princess271
I wouldn't go out with anyone who isn't the same race as me
because they wouldn't understand what my religion is all about
they'd want things that i can't give
i would just go out with muslims boys

:smile:
what race was the girl you liked

Muslim isn't a race.
Inb4 Mr Smurf joke

Edit: I love you really
(edited 13 years ago)
That girl sounds like a bitch. Race isn't something I'd turn someone down over, it's the arrogant types that try and hit on me that are the ones I reject. I've actually been followed into a shop by a guy demanding to know why I wouldn't give him my number. Another tried to chat me up at a cash machine by telling me to call him and I can take him out and buy him a meal! and they say romance is dead...

So no, race isn't a factor for me, it's distasteful personality aspects that are a turn off. As long as I find them attractive and they appear to be a nice person I'd have no issues.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 17
Well white girls don't like Oriental guys sadly for me :sad:.
Original post by Mr Smurf
Well white girls don't like Oriental guys sadly for me :sad:.

I knew I would find you in this thread. :P

Quite a few of white girls go out with oriental guys at my school. Not a lot, but it is definitely possible!
They'll say they don't care, but in reality, they will care.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending