The Student Room Group

Diagrams for equations. Anyone know?

I'm doing chemistry coursework and would really like to be able to add examples of equations in terms of diagrams. I was looking on google for such diagrams (unsuccessfully) and was wondering if anyone else knows where I can get some from?
Do you mean like this?

Normal:

'Diagram':

Reply 2
No I mean maybe the structural formulas. How did you write the equation under the normal section?
The first one can be done with latex.
Original post by sweety0471
No I mean maybe the structural formulas. How did you write the equation under the normal section?

not sure what you're asking here. Are you trying to find a chemical drawing package to draw structural formulae? Or do you just want some examples of reaction equations.

:dontknow:
Reply 5
Original post by ThisIsOurDecision
The first one can be done with latex.

What is latex?

Original post by Plato's Trousers
not sure what you're asking here. Are you trying to find a chemical drawing package to draw structural formulae? Or do you just want some examples of reaction equations.

:dontknow:

I'm just looking for something where I can write either the structural formula or just the normal c6h12o6 so that I can make an equation, without having to spend hours looking on google
What is latex?

I'm just looking for something where I can write either the structural formula or just the normal c6h12o6 so that I can make an equation, without having to spend hours looking on google

this is LaTeX\LaTeX

02π3x2.cosx  dx\displaystyle\int_0^{2\pi} 3x^2.\cos x\;dx

CH3CH2Br+NaOHCH3CH2OH+NaBrCH_3CH_2Br + NaOH \rightarrow CH_3CH_2OH + NaBr
Reply 7
Original post by Plato's Trousers
this is LaTeX\LaTeX

02π3x2.cosx  dx\displaystyle\int_0^{2\pi} 3x^2.\cos x\;dx

CH3CH2Br+NaOHCH3CH2OH+NaBrCH_3CH_2Br + NaOH \rightarrow CH_3CH_2OH + NaBr

Sorry I meant is it a website, or on here? if a website can you link me please?
Sorry I meant is it a website, or on here? if a website can you link me please?

LaTeX is a markup language for rendering all sorts of mathematical and scienfitic symbols. It works on these forums and in many other places and it's incredibly easy to learn.

Here are some instructions on how to use it
Reply 9
thank you
thank you

you're welcome. LaTeX is well worth learning if you're planning on carrying on with science or maths.

You can also get plug-ins for Word and so on, meaning you can just pop LaTeX expressions right into your report or essay.
Reply 11
Ah... I'll find a way to do it. Just need to read the instructions on how to do it later
Reply 12
Ester link hydrolysis:
CH3COOC6H4COOH+2NaOHCH3COONa++HOC6H4COONa++H2O CH_3COOC_6H_4COOH+2NaOH \longrightarrow CH_3COO^-Na^++HOC_6H_4COO^-Na^++H_2O

Reaction of the phenol
HOC6H4COONa++NaOHNa+OC6H4COONa++H2O HOC_6H_4COO^-Na^++NaOH \longrightarrow Na^+O^-C_6H_4COO^-Na^++H_2O

Reactions with the HCl
NaOH+HClNaCl+H2O[br]Na+OC6H4COONa++HClHOC6H4COONa++NaClNaOH+HCl \longrightarrow NaCl+H_2O[br]Na^+O^-C_6H_4COO^-Na^++HCl \longrightarrow HOC_6H_4COO^-Na^++NaCl
(edited 12 years ago)
CH3COOC6H4COOH++NaOHCH3COOC6H4COONa+ CH_3COOC_6H_4COOH+ + NaOH \longrightarrow CH_3COOC_6H_4COO^-Na^+

hey! There you go! (told you it was easy, didn't I? :biggrin:

There's a big list of LaTeX commands here. You will see there is every type of symbol you could ever possibly need in a lifetime!
Reply 14
oh my LOADS
Thank you for teaching me all this <3
oh my LOADS
Thank you for teaching me all this <3

You're welcome. LaTeX totally rocks. :yes: I do all my assignments in it for my maths degree.

Quick Reply

Latest