The Student Room Group

Exeter (cornwall) vs UEA for politics

Pretty much what it says on the tin. :smile:

I have an offer from both for ABB to study politics and international relations. Having lived in London all my life I'm looking for something a little different. Here's my issue though - UEA has a course which looks fantastic and so much fun. Exeter, on the other hand, has a much better reputation and I'd get to do a year abroad (as opposed to a semester abroad at UEA).

Help please, I don't want to make the wrong decision! :biggrin:
Reply 1
Erm, isn't Exeter in Devon?
Reply 2
There are two campuses - I'm talking about the campus which is in Cornwall :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by groovyhaz
Erm, isn't Exeter in Devon?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=exeter+cornwall+campus :wink:

Exeter itself is in Devon, but the campus of it which is in Cornwall is... in Cornwall :smile:
Reply 4
uhhh politics good good, definately go to exeter...bare in mind politics degrees in the job market arnt amazing but a good class dgree from exeter will generally set you up better than UEA...both will be equally fun....if it helps student accom at cornwall campus gives you a double bed :u: whilst UEA is norwich :frown:
Reply 5
Original post by lionboy
uhhh politics good good, definately go to exeter...bare in mind politics degrees in the job market arnt amazing but a good class dgree from exeter will generally set you up better than UEA...both will be equally fun....if it helps student accom at cornwall campus gives you a double bed :u: whilst UEA is norwich :frown:

oh my goodness yeah, the accomodation at exeter is stunning! I was genuinely so gobsmacked. I'm just not sure if 3,000 students is too small... haha thanks, obviously politics doesn't have the greatest reputation at the moment and I'd like to change that! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by lionboy

There is nothing wrong with Norwich, in fact its better than Cornwall as you have broads and an actual city with things to do, not a bloody field and a few cows. Norwich is one of the safest cities and has a lot going on. And a degree from UEA isn't any worse than a degree from Exeter.
Reply 7
Original post by littlemeera
oh my goodness yeah, the accomodation at exeter is stunning! I was genuinely so gobsmacked. I'm just not sure if 3,000 students is too small... haha thanks, obviously politics doesn't have the greatest reputation at the moment and I'd like to change that! :smile:

If you love the course at UEA then I'd go for it. Accomodation is really good and really cheap, plus you have the benefit of being very near a city with lots going on. Also going to Exeter isnt going to benefit your employment prospects any more than going to UEA.
Reply 8
Original post by jelly1000
There is nothing wrong with Norwich, in fact its better than Cornwall as you have broads and an actual city with things to do, not a bloody field and a few cows. Norwich is one of the safest cities and has a lot going on. And a degree from UEA isn't any worse than a degree from Exeter.

well thanks for giving me negative rep ...it was more of a joke but its good to see ignorant tsr users out and about....im guessing your at UEA and im sorry i cant empathise with your six fingered gene pool but its really not as nice as cornwall so calm down.
Reply 9
Original post by lionboy
well thanks for giving me negative rep ...it was more of a joke but its good to see ignorant tsr users out and about....im guessing your at UEA and im sorry i cant empathise with your six fingered gene pool but its really not as nice as cornwall so calm down.

I'm not at UEA yet, nor am I from Norwich, but I'd rather be near a city than stuck in a field any day. Plus Cornwall is impossible to get to from anywhere.
Reply 10
'yet'...go home

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending