The Student Room Group

girlfriend cheets - do i take her back?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Why would you not be able to take her back, infact i suggest you get on the phone to her right about now.

You have clearly stated at the beginning of this thread that she didn't cheat, all she did was 'cheet' on you.

If she had 'cheated' on you then offcourse you could end it.

Good luck mate
Reply 21
No, leave her in the past.
Reply 22
dont take her back!
Reply 23
So she can do it again and again!? No.
Reply 24
no i have self respect
First, make her sing this on national television live so that everyone in Britain can see it. Preferably on Freeview so as you'll get a bigger audience!

then say 'no!' live on national television :rofl:

not only did you tell her no, but you amused the whole nation :dance:
Reply 26
I've always struggled with this... If my girlfriend told me she'd cheated on me once a few months ago, I'd find it incredibly hard to just say 'that's it, we're over' :frown: I honestly don't know if I could do it or not. I know there's the whole trust issue and all, but I doubt I'd be able to shrug it off so easily. TSR'ians obviously disagree though :biggrin:
Reply 27
Original post by Wookie42
I've always struggled with this... If my girlfriend told me she'd cheated on me once a few months ago, I'd find it incredibly hard to just say 'that's it, we're over' :frown: I honestly don't know if I could do it or not. I know there's the whole trust issue and all, but I doubt I'd be able to shrug it off so easily. TSR'ians obviously disagree though :biggrin:

yeah lots of knee jerk reactions here
Reply 28
Keep bucking her but no kissing, cuddling or eye contact and feel free to sleep with copious amounts of other lasses.
Reply 29
Do you really want to be in a relationship because some random person on the internet tells you that you should?

Listen to what you want.

If you're asking us what you should do then clearly you don't feel the same way about her. Ask yourself if you still feel enough to get back with her or not.
Its a decision you should make, not anyone else.
what wolvarium said. darn you wolfie!
definitely not...if you're askin urself this question than obviously ur feelings for her are blindin you from the facts...once a cheat, always a cheat!

if you have strong feelings for her, leavin her will hurt you..but you'll get over it in no time and it will be dealt with...if you stay with her than you're likely to get hurt again..n again...n again..n who knows...again! (sorry about the dramatic ending...cudnt help it)
If you believe that you can get a hotter gf then no. If not then yes.
Reply 33
Take a breather and look at it this way... has she changed in your eyes? Is she the person you still want to be with? Or are you hoping things will go back to how they were?

Are you "in love" with her now or how she used to be?

Basically, if you doubt that you love her then don't get back with her. If you doubt that you will trust her, then don't get back with her. In all honestly most guys will not be able to trust her again, trust is the foundation of all relationships and without trust the relationship will fail. In my eyes you will have to be very very strong in order to take her back and make it a successful relationship, I know I couldn't do it.
Reply 34
taking her back would set a very dangerous precedent, it's like you saying "sure, you can go gorge on that other dudes dick as long as you say sorry afterwards and give it the puppy eyes".

don't be a mug
I think the consensus here is shag then dump. Do it.
Reply 36
Personally I'd try and give it another chance (very optimistically) but if she does anything like it again I wouldnt think twice about dumping them as then the person has proven they have no consideration for your feelings and are incapable or unwilling to change.
Reply 37
Original post by thompsonbassman
I think the consensus here is shag then dump. Do it.

thats my vote
Reply 38
Original post by TheDannyManCan

Original post by TheDannyManCan
Depends on the circumstances in which she cheated...can you give us some extra info, please?

she was away for 3 weeks camping with some people she knew and 'it just happened'. she wasnt drunk, but it happened more than once during the 3 weeks and she was still chatting to him afterwards. although she doesnt speak to any of them anymore - there all blocked on her fb.
Reply 39
Original post by Anonymous
guys - so lets say youve been with your girlfriend for over a year, and she cheets on you once, hides it cause she regrets it, but tells you a few months later. would you take her back after going on a 3 month break/break up because of it but she still says she loves you?

*cheats.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending