The Student Room Group

2011 veterinary Applicants... APPLICATIONS, INTERVIEWS, OFFERS Mk.2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3300
Original post by Smelly Ellie
A cool well then it was a good decision.

ARGHHH I CAN'T WIN WITH YOU PEOPLE (eg cow boy and biscuit boy) CAMBRIDGE LOOKS AMAZING I AM PROPER IN LOVE WITH IT!!! Someone must agree!! :s-smilie:

Edit: I have some facts for you, Cambridge is ranked 3rd for 'Satisfied with course' according the the Guardian and 1st overall. Can't be that horrendous!

ps I'm not saying it's the best or anything, but it's the best for me personally, people saying I'm silly to choose it are being meanies :biggrin:

TYPICAL:tongue: Cambridge vet firm reaching for the statistics!! And the league tables:tongue:
STFU with the cow thing :L
Original post by TheBiscuit
Well, its raining here today and it never rains in Cambridge so I'll admit it's good for weather. Remember me next year when you're revising for your exams in a heatwave though, those old buildings aren't air conditioned.

It will be like Spain for me, it's not too sunny in sunny scarbados yet!! Erghh I can imagine, it was FREEZING waiting for my interview so summer must be unbearable, ah well I'll have to invest in a snow suit and a portable fan!
Reply 3302
A cool well then it was a good decision.

ARGHHH I CAN'T WIN WITH YOU PEOPLE (eg cow boy and biscuit boy) CAMBRIDGE LOOKS AMAZING I AM PROPER IN LOVE WITH IT!!! Someone must agree!! :s-smilie:

Edit: I have some facts for you, Cambridge is ranked 3rd for 'Satisfied with course' according the the Guardian and 1st overall. Can't be that horrendous!

ps I'm not saying it's the best or anything, but it's the best for me personally, people saying I'm silly to choose it are being meanies :biggrin:

My sister is at Cambridge and she absolutely loves it :smile:, ive visited her a few times and loved it, If I thought I stood any chance getting in there I would have applied. Which college you got into?
Original post by Mooseyboy
TYPICAL:tongue: Cambridge vet firm reaching for the statistics!! And the league tables:tongue:
STFU with the cow thing :L

You can't argue with facts! Haha ok! :tongue:

Original post by TimesChanging
Doesn't matter what everyone else thinks of it! As long as you are in love with it!
I know a vet who qualified from there and loved every bit of it!

Original post by Irishguy2K10
Rejected frm LIVERPOOL

same :cry: are you gonna take a gap year?
Reply 3305
You can't argue with facts! Haha ok! :tongue:

Hahaaa.. I know a 4 cambridge grads and 1 veterinary ophthalmologist who is a fellow of st johns and they seem to love it lol. But my friend who's there says the terms are too short to learn the material properly and you have to learn more than you need to!!

Whereas Bristol = <3 tbh:smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Mooseyboy
the terms are too short to learn the material properly and you have to learn more than you need to!!

This. But it's the Oxbridge tradition so it's sacred :tongue:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by moon_shine

Original post by moon_shine
same :cry: are you gonna take a gap year?

Yea, 2nd gap year :smile:
wbu?
Really sorry guys with rejections, chins up! Just remember one more gap year is going to be nothing compared to a 50 year career as a vet :biggrin:
And what's with people negging perfectly fine comments :s
Quick question, I know how pedantic this sounds but in my advanced higher bio investigation I got told to do the graphs by hand, do you think its best using pen or pencil? Yeah I know I tend to worry about random unnecessary things...
Original post by Laura2602
Quick question, I know how pedantic this sounds but in my advanced higher bio investigation I got told to do the graphs by hand, do you think its best using pen or pencil? Yeah I know I tend to worry about random unnecessary things...

Use pen for the axes and labels then pencil for the actual graph. Or at least that's what I've been told for my investigation :s-smilie:

I'm not 100% but look in the SQA investigation guideline thing - I have a weird thought that it maybe says in there and I think it says pen for the axis and pencil for the line (or in one of the official documents). That might be completely unfounded though (Sooorry!), and if it is then I'd do it in pen :tongue:
Original post by Blakes!
My sister is at Cambridge and she absolutely loves it :smile:, ive visited her a few times and loved it, If I thought I stood any chance getting in there I would have applied. Which college you got into?

St. John's :smile:
Really sorry guys with rejections, chins up! Just remember one more gap year is going to be nothing compared to a 50 year career as a vet :biggrin:
And what's with people negging perfectly fine comments :s

Axis and points in pencil, values on the axis in pen, that's what I've always been told :smile:
Original post by Mooseyboy
Hahaaa.. I know a 4 cambridge grads and 1 veterinary ophthalmologist who is a fellow of st johns and they seem to love it lol. But my friend who's there says the terms are too short to learn the material properly and you have to learn more than you need to!!

Whereas Bristol = <3 tbh:smile:

The director of studies is an ophthalmologist, he is soooooo cool! And really nice, he definitely influenced my decision! He has yellow scrubs and always wears a bow tie, I mean can you get cooler?

I love learning :biggrin: :cool::cool::cool::cool:
Original post by totallyme
Use pen for the axes and labels then pencil for the actual graph. Or at least that's what I've been told for my investigation :s-smilie:

Original post by Randomshoes
I'm not 100% but look in the SQA investigation guideline thing - I have a weird thought that it maybe says in there and I think it says pen for the axis and pencil for the line (or in one of the official documents). That might be completely unfounded though (Sooorry!), and if it is then I'd do it in pen :tongue:

Thanks guys :biggrin: I think i'll go with pen for the axes and pencil for the line, which helps as I have to do them in different colours and I only have coloured pencils! :tongue:
Original post by TheBiscuit
My Yorkshire accent makes me sound stupid and ill, I've been told over the years, and it's worse when I'm nervous.

Only just noticed this. LOL. My Yorkshire accent makes me sound stupid, but not ill?? Maybe you're just too concious of it, my interviews went pretty well despite the accent!! YORKSHIRE IS COOL stop hating it and being all embarrassed to be from Yorkshire, it's offensive, no wonder people think we're thick when we hate our accents!!! :eek::eek: Yorkshire is beautiful, show it more love!

I got told I sound like a talking dog, you just gotta laugh!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3316
Rejection from Liverpool :frown: Gap year for me
Original post by Irishguy2K10
Yea, 2nd gap year :smile:
wbu?

yeah, cant imagine doing anything else haha :smile: want to do conservation abroad but i need to find somewhere that doesnt cost too much..
Only just noticed this. LOL. My Yorkshire accent makes me sound stupid, but not ill?? Maybe you're just too concious of it, my interviews went pretty well despite the accent!! YORKSHIRE IS COOL stop hating it and being all embarrassed to be from Yorkshire, it's offensive, no wonder people think we're thick when we hate our accents!!! :eek::eek: Yorkshire is beautiful, show it more love!

I got told I sound like a talking dog, you just gotta laugh!

Lol......yorkshire IS beautiful!!! It's true though about the accents, my friend went to uni in Kingston, London last year and everyone thought he was a). thick b). hard!!!! But then again he is like 6' 3", maybe that had something to do with it haha

I never seem to notice my accent at interviews :s but then again it's not like a proper broad yorkshire to say I've lived here my entire life- just comes out a bit every now and then haha :wink:
Awwwww :frown: So sorry about the rejections guys :frown:

Don't give up- gap years aren't as bad as they sound!!! I know how completely destroying 4 rejections are but it will all be worth it when you get your offers next year!!! Even with the fees going up cos you'll still have student finance and you'll deffo have a job at the end of your course. Don't give up yet, I know you'll make fantastic vets and you've all worked so hard!!!

I wish you alll the best of luck for next year whatever you decided to do :biggrin: xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending