The Student Room Group

Do you think TSR is Left Wing or Right Wing?

Poll

TSR. Left or Right leaning?

I've noticed on the odd political post there is often someone claiming that TSR is very left wing, which is odd considering I've always considered it a hive of right wing opinions.

I know the two words don't have a hell of a lot of meaning any more, but still - do you think TSR is left or right leaning overall?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Right-wing overall. And quite noticeably middle-class. A higher than average proportion of people here also seem to go to state grammars, private schools or public schools.

There are some left-wing people, but the vast majority of regular posters are better-off than your average person, and if you defend EMA/benefits/education being for self-development and not just career advancement, you are pretty much asking for people to shoot you down on here. Of course some of it's trolling, but there's a right-wing slant overall.
Mainly right wing looking at the threads/replies, but maybe they are the only vocal ones.

Edit: But then again I only get replies from right wing users since they oppose my left wing comments :biggrin: It's a tough call really.
(edited 13 years ago)
Both, often at the same time xx
I disagree, I'd say it is more left wing in my experience.
Reply 5
I'd say right wing... centre right really though not many are that extreme.
Reply 6
To say it's a hive of right wing opinions is a massive exaggeration. In my experience TSR is easily more left wing. There are far more Labour/Lib Dem supporters here than there are right wing parties.
In the centre. I am pleasantly surprised by the number of left-wing people at times, and I think the vast majority of people are in the centre, perhaps a little to the right.
Reply 8
Original post by karateworm
I've noticed on the odd political post there is often someone claiming that TSR is very left wing, which is odd considering I've always considered it a hive of right wing opinions.

I know the two words don't have a hell of a lot of meaning any more, but still - do you think TSR is left or right leaning overall?

Its both tbh.

We have far right far left center and those who do not believe in left and right.
Original post by kerily
Right-wing overall. And quite noticeably middle-class. A higher than average proportion of people here also seem to go to state grammars, private schools or public schools.

It's only because of the ones that are vocal about where they went to school that make it noticeable.

If everyone else said where they went to school then you'd probably have a state-school majority.
left wing domestically
right wing economically
Reply 11
Neither, but it is overwhelmingly middle-class.
Reply 12
I'd say centre right overall.
The ones on the right are the more vocal. I don't think you can say much more than that.
When it comes moral/ethical issues, easily left-wing. In terms of economical issues, easily to the right. Though, there really is not much to say about these terms anymore :/
From what I've seen, left wing seems to be voiced more on these forums
But I wouldn't say the majority of people attended private/grammar schools, just those who did like to make it known!
Reply 16
It's Far-X. Extremist views tend to proliferate here like delicious chocolate and almond chipped cookies from the Cookie Monster's Oven.
Reply 17
I'm continually surprised by how many right-wingers we have on here.
Reply 18
Original post by Planar
I'm continually surprised by how many right-wingers we have on here.

Indeed. Students are stereotypically considered Left-Wing inclined.
:rolleyes:It's not about whether TSR itself is right or left wing, it's about the users...There are some crazy threads on this site- some ridiculously liberal, some ridiculously facist, some somewhere in between. That's freedom of speech for you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending