The Student Room Group

Regretting my choices

I'm a second year A level student looking to enter university next year. I've got a conditional offer for Biomedical Sciences at Manchester.

The problem is I'm not sure I'm actually interested in the subject. In the last year I've been fascinated by physics, but never had the opportunity to study it at A level. I’m pretty sure I want to pursue a career in science; however I don't even know what subject, never mind what speciality. I wish I chose Physics and Maths at A level because now I don't know what I want to do.

If anyone could offer advise based on my broad ramblings I'd be thankful. :redface:
Original post by IFondledAGibbon

Original post by IFondledAGibbon
I'm a second year A level student looking to enter university next year. I've got a conditional offer for Biomedical Sciences at Manchester.

The problem is I'm not sure I'm actually interested in the subject. In the last year I've been fascinated by physics, but never had the opportunity to study it at A level. I’m pretty sure I want to pursue a career in science; however I don't even know what subject, never mind what speciality. I wish I chose Physics and Maths at A level because now I don't know what I want to do.

If anyone could offer advise based on my broad ramblings I'd be thankful. :redface:

Have you considered a general science foundation year, to then progress into a physics or maths degree the following one? You'd then still be okay to do biomedical sciences if this is what you decided to do too.
I believe Manchester do a very good foundation year so if you're happy with the university you can ask them to reconsider you for the other course.

See Changing_your_Mind :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by oxymoronic
Have you considered a general science foundation year, to then progress into a physics or maths degree the following one? You'd then still be okay to do biomedical sciences if this is what you decided to do too.
I believe Manchester do a very good foundation year so if you're happy with the university you can ask them to reconsider you for the other course.

See Changing_your_Mind :smile:

Thanks a lot, I'll definitely consider it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending