The Student Room Group

Schoolgirl, 12 gives birth on school trip

A 12-year-old Dutch schoolgirl who gave birth during a school trip has been placed into foster care.

The unnamed girl from Groningen was out with classmates last Tuesday when she felt violent stomach pains. An alarmed teacher called an ambulance and when emergency services arrived they realised she was about to give birth.

Neither the girl nor her family realised she was pregnant, and she showed no signs of carrying a baby.

She has refused to name the father.

Dutch social services told news agency ANP the girl “may be in an unsafe environment” at home and have asked police to begin a formal investigation.

They said: “It is not clear if the adults in this story have played a role. That is why we have asked the police to look into the adults.”

Dutch paper the Telegraaf reports that the girl's father has a conviction for abusing an older sister.

The schoolgirl, along with her baby, are said to be “doing well” in hospital.

http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/schoolgirl12-gives-birth-on-school-trip-blog-52-yahoo-lifestyles.html

:eek:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That's seriously messed up tbh. How could they not tell she was pregnant?
Reply 2
Thats ****ed up.

This was not meant in a funny way. Poor girl.
(edited 13 years ago)
Sounds a bit fishy to me. How can you not tell that she was pregnant. Unless she was really fat?
Reply 4
lol
What a slut. Unless she was sexually abused by her father.
Reply 6
Is it really that surprising thesedays?
Reply 7
A girl in my Y7 class got pregnant when she was 11. (Really. She was off school for months while getting an abortion etc, and her boyfriend, who was 18, got done on child sex charges.) This sort of thing is appalling, but not as rare as you'd think.

I wouldn't be shocked if this was sexual abuse from her father though, given that she does have a history of that in the family. It's very unfair to jump in and call her a slut without knowing whose it is.
how could she not notice? I know it might be underweight/ premature or something but it has to be pretty hard not to notice a whole baby inside you surely?
Reply 9
Equally as worrying is the related link below that...
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/man-names-his-firstborn-daughter-%E2%80%98facebook%E2%80%99-blog-17-yahoo-lifestyles.html

...'Man names his daughter Facebook in tribute to social media site' :|
Broken brit...

oh wait, nvm.
Original post by Jackso
Fat slag.

Childish much.
But how can one not tell if she was pregnant? Unless people thought she got sung by a giant bee.
Why did I think this girl would be British?
Original post by Jackso
Fat slag.

You do realise there has been a lot of cases where women (and girls) have been pregnant and not known until they give birth? It's got nothing to do with weight in a lot of instances, it's just something that can happen where there aren't any signs that you would normally expect.

She might have been fat (not seen the picture if there is one) to disguise it or she just didn't gain any weight during the pregnancy so nobody noticed the difference.

http://health.discovery.com/fansites/i-didnt-know-i-was-pregnant/pregnancy-surprises.html Read this if you think I'm talking rubbish.

Grow up a bit seriously.
(edited 13 years ago)
Tragic :frown: she's just a little girl.
Reply 16
Shocking. She must have been a bit of a chubster, or had a really tiny baby inside her for noone to notice. Maybe her family has the abusive dad/uncle-kind thing had nothing to say. Poor girl, she's only 12 years old. Hope she fixes up and lives a good life.
shows what the worlds coming to =/ 2012 when the hos and un named fathers rise for some, crap no idea what

if it was some abuse sort of thing then its pretty bad =/
In all seriousness; how on earth could SHE not know she was preggers? I Thought we have sex ed lessons for a reason :s-smilie:
Reply 19
I bet that was a shock. :cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending