The Student Room Group

The Love Police

Hey TSR

Just out of interest, how many on here are part of this movement?

In case you didn't know who The Love Police are, this is their website and their youtube account:

http://www.cveitch.org/

http://www.youtube.com/user/cveitch

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
How can anyone not love the love police?
Reply 2
Original post by garethDT
How can anyone not love the love police?

Are you involved with them at all? Have you been on a march?
Reply 3
George Orwell had it right. This is ridiculous, we're becoming more of a police state every second.
Reply 4
Original post by iainthegreat
Are you involved with them at all? Have you been on a march?

No, not involved with them. I don't think they are a movement as such, just a couple of guys though I may be wrong.

Not been on a March yet, mainly cos I've had no one to go with but I think I will be going on one soon.
Reply 5
Original post by Harry.C
George Orwell had it right. This is ridiculous, we're becoming more of a police state every second.

Yeah exactly right, have you been involved with them at all?
Reply 6
No, not involved with them. I don't think they are a movement as such, just a couple of guys though I may be wrong.

Not been on a March yet, mainly cos I've had no one to go with but I think I will be going on one soon.

I definitely think it's a movement now, tied in with some other groups, they've got quite a following now.

I'm definitely going to go on one soon, although to me it just looks like a bunch of sheep following Charlie around, lapping up every word he says. Might be different on the actual march though.
Yeah exactly right, have you been involved with them at all?

I think Charlie lives in cambridge because I see him preaching around the town sometimes and he went on one of the student protests there.

Edit: Hes a bit of a doosh.
Reply 8
Original post by ilovedubstep
I think Charlie lives in cambridge because I see him preaching around the town sometimes and he went on one of the student protests there.

Edit: Hes a bit of a doosh.

Yeah I think he does. I think he's great, he's got good intentions for sure. But a lot of people seem to worship him a bit much.
Reply 9
I definitely think it's a movement now, tied in with some other groups, they've got quite a following now.

I'm definitely going to go on one soon, although to me it just looks like a bunch of sheep following Charlie around, lapping up every word he says. Might be different on the actual march though.

Yeah although I think he's an absolute hero I don't think there's much point in stalking him like some sort of cult and I don't think that's what he wants either.

It's important to spread his videos around though, it's a great message of peaceful resistance.
Reply 10
I generally hate people that blather on about 'revolutions'. Libya, yes; London in 2011, not so much. Marxists :no:

Edit: Read the bio on the site, his Dad works for an oil company ffs. Talk about the oil-covered pot calling the kettle. He just sounds like a lentil-munching, hypocritical rah who thinks it could be cool to "be like, Che Guevara, or something, yah?"
(edited 13 years ago)
Yeah although I think he's an absolute hero I don't think there's much point in stalking him like some sort of cult and I don't think that's what he wants either.

It's important to spread his videos around though, it's a great message of peaceful resistance.

Yeah true, his message is a very good one, and I'm sure the The Love Police is only going to get bigger and bigger.
Reply 12
Original post by Craig_D
I generally hate people that blather on about 'revolutions'. Libya, yes; London in 2011, not so much. Marxists :no:

They're not marxists, anything but. Check them out, you might be surprised.
Original post by Craig_D

What would you suggest as a better alternative, to just sit and be spoon fed whatever the government feeds you? What sort of person would do that?
Reply 14
I Love Charlie, its nice to know that someone is standing up against the CCTV state.
Reply 15
What would you suggest as a better alternative, to just sit and be spoon fed whatever the government feeds you? What sort of person would do that?

I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really have a problem with the present government.
Reply 16
I think Craig D needs a hug...
Original post by Craig_D
I know I'm in the minority, but I don't really have a problem with the present government.

So you're ok with the war in Afghanistan, with the Libyan invasion/intervention, the EU membership, the cuts, rising tuition fees, the bailing out of the banks, etc ?
I think Craig D needs a hug...

You have reached the limit of how many posts you can rate today...Dammit

+1 tomorrow, if I remember...which I won't :biggrin:
Reply 19
So you're ok with the war in Afghanistan, with the Libyan invasion/intervention, the EU membership, the cuts, rising tuition fees, the bailing out of the banks, etc ?

Afghanistan - We now have NATO behind it. To bring Libya in too, we are doing the right thing to aid the suffering of others.

The EU - I don't know. It has good and bad points. The free movement of people and trade is a good thing, the annual cost of it is not. We could perhaps arrange a better deal.

The Economy - We have an annual funding shortfall of £150bn, is the better solution to simply cut our spending by that amount or to take out an annual loan of that figure, which will slowly build up into the trillions? If the government think they can sort that deficit by 2014, then they should try. For too long our governments have had too much of a short-term view, I think the long-term prosperity of the country is more important. If all we need is to endure 3 more years of hardship to potentially have decades of prosperity, that's fine with me. The cuts are not 'ideological', any kind of spending cut will intrinsically hurt the poor more than the rich, as that's where the spending traditionally goes.
On the banks, yes it's a problem, but we have no choice but to appease them. Our economy is finance dependent, we can no longer rely on manufacture or mining as developing countries can undercut us. London is the finance capital of the world, and that's the direction we need to steer the economy to survive, if you stick heavy regulation on the banks then they will withdraw from London and be headquartered instead in the East and America, and then we really will be finished.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending