The Student Room Group

What does ex want?

Hey, me and my ex ended 4 months ago, i wanted her back a month later and we finally sorted everything just over a month ago and agreed to become "friends". Since then i haven't really spoken to her...

But i sent her a text the other day wishing her congratulations on something, she posted on a fb status. This somehow managed to turn into a 3 day texting conversation, with her telling me what she's doing in her day and whatnot. In addition, on she keeps asking me what I'm up to...

Also, i went to a game with her best friend who is also one of my very good friends and she knows nothing would ever happen, but her friend that i was going with said she was scared to tell her she was going with me :s-smilie:

I think she's seeing someone else and I just think it's a bit wrong to be having 3 day long texting convos with an ex lol that's more than the standard even with some of my best friends...

so yh, what does she want?
Reply 1
Have you made it clear it's friendship you want?
Reply 2
do you still want her back? because maybe she feels the same...
Reply 3
I said I'm fine with friendship lol obviously at arms length, but I'm just think it's a bit weird for an ex to be asking constantly what you're up to and purposely taking long to reply back to text in the hope she can talk to me for longer...
Reply 4
How should we know, ask her
Reply 5
if you'd still like her back, just be straight about it and ask her.

otherwise, I suppose just ignore once this text convo dies out, which it will soon.
Reply 6
Original post by spritzelme
do you still want her back? because maybe she feels the same...

Yes and No, but from the looks of it she's seeing someone else...so I'm just assuming it really is over now :colondollar:

Even when it was decided we becoming friends, I know for a fact there were still feelings. - I wanted to try again as bf/gf but she wanted to start again as friends then let it develop again. Even after this at a party for example she sent me a rude text evidently frustrated at the fact i never spoke to her.
Reply 7
Friends with benefits :smile::smile::smile:
Ask her what she wants.

To me, 'ex' wants 's' to make it 'sex' .... :wink:

(Bad jokes,,, noone laughs... :cry:)
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Yes and No, but from the looks of it she's seeing someone else...so I'm just assuming it really is over now :colondollar:

Even when it was decided we becoming friends, I know for a fact there were still feelings. - I wanted to try again as bf/gf but she wanted to start again as friends then let it develop again. Even after this at a party for example she sent me a rude text evidently frustrated at the fact i never spoke to her.

seems like she's definitely developed the feelings again and would like you for herself. this 'seeing somebody else' might be just somebody she occasionally sees to pass time with and talk to. when they meet up, I bet she wishes it's you instead of him. also, if she's got feelings for you, I doubt she'd do anything sexual with him... but that's just my opinion.

I say go for it and ask her.
Reply 10
Original post by spritzelme
seems like she's definitely developed the feelings again and would like you for herself. this 'seeing somebody else' might be just somebody she occasionally sees to pass time with and talk to. when they meet up, I bet she wishes it's you instead of him. also, if she's got feelings for you, I doubt she'd do anything sexual with him... but that's just my opinion.

I say go for it and ask her.

Agreed :smile:

Quick Reply