The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hmon93
When I was like ten i saw a film about some family who took in a jungle boy and he had sex with their daughter or something?

Jungle to jungle?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jungle_2_Jungle
Reply 121

Yeah I think that might be it, thanks :smile:
Original post by JGSF
Please help me put a name to this film,

Its a sci-fi

Its basically about a corporation that brainwashes employees. The main character, a man, meets a mysterious Asian woman at a bar, he always drinks a scotch on the rocks, and talks to her. There are big assembly things, they serve drugged water at them she puts something in his water that lets him see the brain washing videos and knows about it. He then gets to move to a special town the company has created.

These are the things that I know for certain I also vaguely remember him being part of an overall plan, and a rocket going off at the end, though I may be mixing this up with Gattaca.

Thanks for any help, this has been bothering me for ages.

I believe that could be Cypher, also known as Brainstorm.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284978/
Reply 123
Original post by Age_of_Innocence

Original post by Age_of_Innocence
I believe that could be Cypher, also known as Brainstorm.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0284978/

That's the one! Thanks a lot, I've been thinking about that film for ages.
I can't remember what film this is in... a guy keeps a glass rod between his teeth to keep him on an even keel and in one scene something happens that means he crunches it because of something.
This will be vague as I don't rember much but on BBC iPlayer a while ago there was a film about a guy that steals cars I think, it was in california (or florida) and that is all I remember :lol: the description was good but I can't remember it :frown:

If you can work it out then, you are doing better than I :lol:
Original post by tehFrance
This will be vague as I don't rember much but on BBC iPlayer a while ago there was a film about a guy that steals cars I think, it was in california (or florida) and that is all I remember :lol: the description was good but I can't remember it :frown:

If you can work it out then, you are doing better than I :lol:

Gone in 60 seconds?

Not sure, did the opening start with a shot of palm trees in front of the sea? I think the film was about black kids although again I am not sure, I am remembering a wee bit more now though :smile:
Reply 128
Was Nick Cage in it?
Original post by True Ace
Was Nick Cage in it?

No... Gone in 60 Seconds is not it :frown:

Edit: I think it may be The Underclassman, will find out soon :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 130
I saw an amazing film where there's this guy who kills his dad for a sword and then runs away only he can't draw the sword because he's not powerful enough. He meets a wizard on the trail and they travel together and he beats up some slavers that ride bulls like horses and then they get to a farm run by a woman the wizard fancies. The woman lives with a girl that the guy saved from the slavers and she's all aggressive to the guy but when the wizard and woman are kidnapped by this creepy wizard who hires the slavers they go and rescue them. The creepy wizard kills the girl and then the guy tries to kill him because he's finally managed to draw the sword but then the girl comes back from the dead because it turns out that she's a dragon and then they kill the creepy wizard. The guy still fancies the dragon and the dragon forgives the guy for killing his dad and then they fly off together.

I know this sounds really trippy but I swear I saw this film and I just can't remember what it's called.
Reply 131
I just remembered a film about a virus outbreak, initially people just started to dies randomly, then they found out it was tested on soldiers during desert storm(?), then they found out it was terriosts spreading teh virus trying to do a Jihad...then finally it was revealed it was a pharmecutical company trying to make large amount of money by selling the antidote......

I also remember the prsident in this movie is a woman...

The central character's wife/girlfriend who is also a scientist, gets killed about half way by a terriost...

if anyone can tell me the name of the film it will be greatly appreciated....

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
The Crazies per chance?
Reply 133
Original post by thewiseone
The Crazies per chance?

no this is a older film, Its about a virus, that affected most of USA.....
Reply 134
Original post by El_Sid
Outbreak?

no...I think is a bit more recent than that....
Schindler's List?
Reply 136
Original post by Awesome-o
Schindler's List?

lol...no...
http://www.filmsite.org/disasterfilms.html

Quite a few options there if you scan for virus outbreaks!
Reply 138
Original post by little_wizard123
http://www.filmsite.org/disasterfilms.html

Quite a few options there if you scan for virus outbreaks!

lol..I swear is non of them.....lol I give up..
Original post by Astra_K
I remember seeing it when i was younger but cant remember the name.
Its basically about this young blonde girl who for some reason gets chased by these gremlin things which can only get her at night. A couple of scenes i remember are:

Her car breaks down at night. Street lights begin to turn off and the only light remaining is her headlights. I think she fixes the car just in time before the gremlin things get her.
Basically anywhere she goes at night, these creatures turn all the lights off to try and get her. Another scene is when she is in an underground subway running down a track and the lights are going out again.
Its an American film and at the end she ends up being taken to a nut house, she opens a cupboard in the room and the darkness in the cupboard drags her in and she finally is caught.

Any help?

Lol I know this is like 2 months late and I'm not even sure if you already found out the name of the movie on this thread but I'm pretty sure the movie you're describing is called "They". I remember watching it when I was younger... Pretty creeptastic.

Quick Reply

Latest