The Student Room Group

How would you define an amazing person?

I think people call people amazing all the time, but how/what do you define and class as an amazing person? What is it about that person that makes them that extra special? And who would you class as amazing in your life? :biggrin:

Be interesting to hear thoughts...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I define humannature1992 as an amazing person :love:

EDIT: Someone doesn't like him :awesome:
(edited 13 years ago)
That person that will put everyone in the world before them and always willing to help others, but that doesn't mean they'll let people walk all over them.
Original post by loling909
I define humannature1992 as an amazing person :love:

n'aww thanks :love:
Amazing? I would say someone who is intelligent, friendly, has a good sense of humour, self-deprecating, about 5"7 and prone to grandiose ideas.

That's pretty much a self-description anyway.
Reply 5
Well, someone who is humble, friendly, always willing to help, smiles and also just has a selfless about them in every facet of life...
Me
Reply 7
Amazing is someone who is true to themselves, no matter what.
Reply 8
Tbh. My girlfriend
Reply 9
Someone who selflessly goes above and beyond ordinary expectations to help someone out or even just to cheer them up. I know some truly amazing people!
Reply 10
There is an amazing person in everyone, people just like too give up on others to easily.

correction, everyone bar arsene wenger, he's just pure ****.
(edited 13 years ago)
Someone who puts other people before themselves even when times are hard in their own lives.
Original post by flowermaster91
Me

This :yes:

You are a truly amazing person.
Original post by Mick Travis
This :yes:

You are a truly amazing person.

Thanks babezzz you're not so bad yourself :sexface:
Pretty much everyone, some have more faults than others, but within us we are all amazing in our own way, whether that be through mundane tasks like helping the family out with the dishes or being there for a friend whenever needed, we all have our amazing side and do not need to be made to feel inferior to an idealogical person with no faults. We all have our faults, but they do not make anyone of us less amazing than the other. What I will say is that people can lose apart of what makes them special by listening to others or comparing themselves to others who make them feel like they're not amazing so much that they start believing it, and in doing so forget that they are capable of doing anything in this world that they should wish to do so.
Reply 15
Ggnoree
Reply 16
Chuck Bass <333333
Reply 17
someone that isn't a:

c*nt
prick
bastard

...sort of narrows it down a whole lot.
Reply 18
I describe someone as 'amazing' simply if there's something unidentifiable that I really like about them. They might not seem an amazing person if you objectively look at their personality or talents, but there's just something mysterious about them that makes them amazing to you.
Original post by Panda Bear
That person that will put everyone in the world before them and always willing to help others, but that doesn't mean they'll let people walk all over them.

Original post by Lestrange
Amazing is someone who is true to themselves, no matter what.

Original post by mxcs
Someone who selflessly goes above and beyond ordinary expectations to help someone out or even just to cheer them up. I know some truly amazing people!

Original post by AreYouDizzeeBlud_x
Someone who puts other people before themselves even when times are hard in their own lives.

:ditto: to all the above. Also people who manage to struggle through/make the best of difficult situations. I know someone my age who has three children and a very ill fiancé. She gets a lot of stick for having three kids aged 22 but she handles herself and her family amazingly well and I think she's quite inspirational.

I'd say the four most amazing people in my life are:

- The two welfare tutors who looked after me at uni when I got really ill. They went far above the call of duty to care for me, sacrificing a lot for little gain. They stood up for me at personal cost and fought to get me treated. They were completely selfless with their time despite their own vast personal problems and made it possible for me to do my Finals and leave uni with a degree and in relatively OK health. They were incredibly gracious in their care of me and still look out for me even now I've left. One of these tutors in particular fought so hard to help me get better and despite getting into trouble and the voices in my head telling me to kill her, she never thought badly of me and never stopped caring or pushed me away :o:

- My best friend Tom. He's just the most amazing person on earth and reminds me there are good people in the world :o: He's funny, loyal, insanely intelligent, extremely kind, gentle, sensitive... he's just wonderful. He's a real inspiration. One of the things I love most about him is that his compassionate and caring friendship for me overrides personal issues that would usually have prevented us becoming the best friends that we are. That means a lot to me :smile:

- My mum. Only earner in our house and she's spent years going out and earning all the money, helping with the homework, doing most of the cooking, looking after us when we're so ill, etc. All with a hole in her heart. What a trooper :love:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest