The Student Room Group

The lovers...

Those of you in relationships, do you not see your bf /gf starting from this time to june due to exams?

I wanted to see my bf for the last proper time, but havn't done since february because i'm only ever free on fridays, but he has work,,so yeah :frown:...Last year due to exams, i didn't see him at all till june, when my last exam was.

How many of you ditch your gf/bf for exams?:smile:
Reply 1
Um no I'll continue seeing my boyfriend upto and during my exams. Not a lot with exam time on, but when I'm with him he lets me get on and revise anyway, he's very encouraging to do well so I find I can do both. :smile:
Reply 2
I thught this was going to be about tarot cards.

o_O You haven't seen your boyfriend since February??

I'm sure even with exams you could find ONE night a week where you hang out? Or even grab a coffee when he's having a break from revising?
Reply 3
Right so you dont want to see your boyfriend for 3 months ....

Thats completly stupid, its called a work-life balance, you can expect to only revise from now till june.

Yes i work, but ill also make time for my girlfriend, and going to the pub/clubbing, Otherwise id be suicidal by june if ALL i did was work.
Reply 4
I was with her the night before an exam :smile: In fact the night before my last exam we even went to the cinema.

Plan your time properly and you won't need to go through such extremes.
Reply 5
that's crazy, I wouldn't call it a relationship tbh
Reply 6
nah my bf gets all kind of crazy and stressed during exam time so I leave him to it till its done. If I visit he just feels like he should be working which makes me feel like I'm distracting him.

The longest we went was 7 weeks. We're LDR anyway though so we're used to long periods away. 7 weeks was particularly extreme though (it was because of a lack of synchrony - my exams began just as his finished).
(edited 13 years ago)
I'd hate that. I see him little enough as it is due to being in a LDR. Besides, it's nice to just take a weekend off and recuperate. After the week of feeling sad, I get ueber motivated after he's gone. There needs to be a balance, of course, but it sounds like you haven't worked it out. I'd get so stressed if I didn't see boyfriend for 3 months AND spent all that time working.
Reply 8
I'd welcome the excuse: as a man, I like my time to myself. I certainly wouldn't use it to revise though!
Original post by in_vogue
I thught this was going to be about tarot cards.

o_O You haven't seen your boyfriend since February??

I'm sure even with exams you could find ONE night a week where you hang out? Or even grab a coffee when he's having a break from revising?

thign is, he works everyday..i'm not allowed to go out after baout 6..so there isn't MUCH of a option
Original post by dungeonkeepr
I'd hate that. I see him little enough as it is due to being in a LDR. Besides, it's nice to just take a weekend off and recuperate. After the week of feeling sad, I get ueber motivated after he's gone. There needs to be a balance, of course, but it sounds like you haven't worked it out. I'd get so stressed if I didn't see boyfriend for 3 months AND spent all that time working.

i've crid every day because i havn't seen him for a long time. i have seen him since febraury but..i'veonly seen him for short 20-30 minutesm which is nothing to me tbh. I want to spend the whole day with me. but those minutes are precious..:smile:

I've asked to see him every day! but he can't on the days im free :frown: which suck so bad, i'll aksk to see him sunday thoough :/ i hope he does see me. :frown:

Also, my bf is in uni, well he dropped out this year..but he has to work :frown: I JUST WANT TO SEE HIM! :frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by helpnowplease
i've cried every day because i havn't seen him for a long time. i have seen him since February but..I've only seen him for short 20-30 minutesm which is nothing to me tbh. I want to spend the whole day with me. but those minutes are precious..:smile:

I've asked to see him every day! but he can't on the days im free :frown: which suck so bad, i'll aksk to see him sunday thoough :/ i hope he does see me. :frown:

Also, my bf is in uni, well he dropped out this year..but he has to work :frown: I JUST WANT TO SEE HIM! :frown:

:hugs: that's horrible! I hope you manage to get things worked out. It's probably really a stupid thing to mention/help, but what I found when I was feeling really down about not seeing my bf was the LDR thread on the cosmo UK forum. It was really nice to read about all these people helping each other through missing their bfs and just knowing that there are other people out there. I can't work out/know if you technically are in an LDR, but if you barely see each other, it counts, regardless if you only live 10 minutes away.

I found this poem, which made me feel a lot better, too:
Distance is not for the fearful,
it's for the BOLD.
For those willing to spend
a lot of time alone
in exchange for a little LOVE.
For those who know a good thing
when they see it.
Even if they don't see it
nearly enough.

I hope you get to see your guy soon, and if you ever want to talk, I'm happy to listen :smile:
What? No. There's always time to see someone you care about, no matter how busy you both are. Even if it's just for half an hour or less.
My boyf lives with me but I'll banish him to the other room. :talkhand:
Reply 14
In first year we actually spent more time together during and before the exams than during the year because we were in the library at the same times, went for food together and he usually slept at mine. Last year was a bit different as he lived about 15 minutes away from me but we still saw each other during the day and he slept at mine the night before his exams as I lived closer to university. This year, he lives with me but we're both in the library doing our own thing until it closes then we come home together.
Surely, there is always time to see the one you care for? Nothing is better than having a cuddle when you've had your face buried in books, journals and past exam papers all day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending