The Student Room Group

I want to go clubbing, but I have no one to go with

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Dijobla
I live in S.E London also. I've never gone clubbing solo, but I'd hardly blink twice if I saw someone out on their own. I'm always making friends with strangers. It also depends on what kind of scene you're into, I suppose. I'm not really into dance. I'd stay away from the typical club scene, you know the Oceanas and Liquids, and dress safe/be smart. If worst comes to worst say you've lost your mates and ask to tag along.

Original post by Anonymous
South East London

Wahey, I'm from SE London too. Clubbing in London is crazy expensive. I'm not a massive fan of clubs but with the right people they can be pretty fun!
Reply 41
Original post by IcEmAn911
Well not really since I come to London on quite a regular basis! Infact, I'm going to go see Armin Van Buuren in a month's time at the Brixton Academy. If it's someone I like then distance doesn't matter (within reason). For trance, I've been to Edinburgh, Birmingham, Nottingham, London, Utrecht (NL) and Stratford (Global Gathering).

Wow, I like your dedication :smile:
I'm 19 and I've never been clubbing before. I would like to, but I've somehow managed to drift away from most of my old friends from school, and I don't really hang round with them much anymore. And the ones I've asked to go clubbing with, they always have some excuse like they have no money or something. I think maybe they're just boring though. Like, how much can it cost to go just once at least?

What else can I do? I am a loner who often goes places on my own, which I don't mind too much normally but I'm not sure it's very safe to go clubbing by myself? Help!

By the way I'm not at uni and I don't plan to go, at least not any time soon.

Anon as this is a little embarrassing.

Just wondered why you want to go clubbing, is it to try and pull?
Do you have any cousins or family members you could go with? Work friends? Or get a hobby so you can make friends? :smile:
No I don't work. I would like to, but I am very much struggling to find a job. I do go to college though, but I'm not really that close to anyone there.

Well, try talking to people more at college, im sure you will get closer to someone
Original post by lella_m
Chilling in a bar with friends > Clubbing.

I hate almost everything about clubbing, the only thing I enjoy is spending time with friends, I would much rather chill in a bar with them and be able to converse. Bar wins every time.

amen.
Reply 46
Original post by dinotopiaisawful
Just wondered why you want to go clubbing, is it to try and pull?

Partly that, yes. And partly just for the fun of it. I already love playing dancey music at home, so it makes sense to try a club for once, yeah?

Original post by senator88
Do you have any cousins or family members you could go with? Work friends? Or get a hobby so you can make friends? :smile:

Oh yeah, I don't tend to see my extended family that much, but maybe I will try to make some effort with my cousins?

I've wanted to go to a dance class of some sorts, but I have no money right now because I can't find a job :frown:

Original post by Rhiani-ani-on
Well, try talking to people more at college, im sure you will get closer to someone

Yeah, I suppose I should try. But I don't make friends very easily, so it's a bit hard.
Partly that, yes. And partly just for the fun of it. I already love playing dancey music at home, so it makes sense to try a club for once, yeah?

QUOTE]

Cool. Well, I don't think you will enjoy it on your own as you will have noone to dance with and to have fun with. Also, think about waiting in line for ages on your own. Not a great idea. I think you should definitely try clubbing but wait until you find some friends to go with. It will be easy to pull though.
Original post by Agent Smirnoff
Well as a female ...... it is advisable to think of personal safety. It may be safe to go clubbing alone.

http://rds.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs2/r194.pdf

http://www.suzylamplugh.org/personal-safety/personal-safety-tips/

http://teenadvice.about.com/cs/streetsmarts/bb/blclubscene.htm

A funny yet informative video on how not to get mugged:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFHN2Dk4gPQ

Hope this helps. Have fun. Leave your heart but not your head on the dancefloor :yeah:

For gods sake you do not need to read a bunch of links advising you on what to do when you go out clubbing

OP, you may find it a bit awkward at first being on your own, but have a few drinks and it's so easy to chat to people! Especially as you're a girl haha. Just go and have fun! :biggrin:
I re-read your posts and it seems like it's more a just for the experience kind of thing, and to hear the music, rather than actually get into a particular group or scene, so ignore my massive spoilered ramblings, basically just the key to how I somehow or other ended up being on speaking terms with about 5 people the whole way through secondary school and then suddenly meeting about 40 people in two months of going out in London. For you though, sounds best to just stick to the old drinking and tipsy-conversationing.

(or spot the drug users and wait until you can see them peaking and excitedly saying 'lets go and talk to everyone in the room and make friends with them all!'. the downside is that they will probably not want to make any kind of sane conversation, except to repeat how pretty/shiny you are/how nice your hair smells/how mindblowing the visuals are)

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
Do you mean dancing? Or going up to the roof and killing rats.
bar --> club --> food --> after party ?
Reply 52
I don't deny that op may know anything about clubbing. She expressed concern RE: personal safety. I meant well by it. :smile:

some are useful and some trivially common sense. But not everything is common sense to all I suppose.
Original post by thecookiemonster
For gods sake you do not need to read a bunch of links advising you on what to do when you go out clubbing

OP, you may find it a bit awkward at first being on your own, but have a few drinks and it's so easy to chat to people! Especially as you're a girl haha. Just go and have fun! :biggrin:
Original post by Lee91
Depends on the club but usually a big open space rammed with people, flashing lights, loud music and blured vision (due to drink)

this is where i go a lot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1i4VtXl2e7g&feature=channel_video_title

^ sums it up lol

Oh my God, I'd rather die.
Original post by IcEmAn911
If you're into this kind of clubbing then I'll join you :biggrin:

For my kind of clubbing it is definitely not all about getting ridiculously drunk!!! It's all about the MUSIC, dancing and singing to the lovely tunes as you can see in this video!!!!

My fav song! :biggrin: Its hard enough to find people who like Trance at uni...would've joined u if I wasnt living in the middle of nowhere that I currently do :rolleyes:
Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism
I re-read your posts and it seems like it's more a just for the experience kind of thing, and to hear the music, rather than actually get into a particular group or scene, so ignore my massive spoilered ramblings, basically just the key to how I somehow or other ended up being on speaking terms with about 5 people the whole way through secondary school and then suddenly meeting about 40 people in two months of going out in London. For you though, sounds best to just stick to the old drinking and tipsy-conversationing.

(or spot the drug users and wait until you can see them peaking and excitedly saying 'lets go and talk to everyone in the room and make friends with them all!'. the downside is that they will probably not want to make any kind of sane conversation, except to repeat how pretty/shiny you are/how nice your hair smells/how mindblowing the visuals are)

Spoiler

Although it sounds like you know what you are talking about (and I know the funk place you are talking about) I dont think many people outside the "trendy" fashion/art scene would really enjoy what you are describing in the spoiler - those people are the definition of posers - they think very highly of themselves and their friends and very lowly of everyone else.
Original post by HistoryRepeating
Although it sounds like you know what you are talking about (and I know the funk place you are talking about) I dont think many people outside the "trendy" fashion/art scene would really enjoy what you are describing in the spoiler - those people are the definition of posers - they think very highly of themselves and their friends and very lowly of everyone else.

I did wonder about that, but then I enjoy it and I don't consider myself part of the scene in any way except that I turn up at the same places as them. And some are very friendly in fairness! Haven't been out anywhere like that for at least two or three weeks though, so I may be looking back with rose tinted glasses admittedly.
Original post by The_Timepasser
My fav song! :biggrin: Its hard enough to find people who like Trance at uni...would've joined u if I wasnt living in the middle of nowhere that I currently do :rolleyes:

It's impossible finding people who are into trance in life! Throughout my entire life I can honestly say that I've managed to find 3 and maybe 4 individuals who are into proper trance music like I am! If you fancy joining me on my trance adventures post uni then hit me up as I am always on the lookout for some new trance friends :biggrin:

I am definitely in need of a friend to trance around the world with!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by Clip
I feel sorry for all those baby seals.

:colonhash: Took me a whole 10 seconds to get that...

:getmecoat:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending