The Student Room Group

Schoolgirl, 12 gives birth on school trip

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
you're not a slut at 12. you're a child.
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I am shocked..

:eek: :eek: :eek:
A 15 year old (I think Austrian) gave birth in a hotel in Harrow on a school trip and the dead body was found after they had flown back home.

Shocking.

You could imagine that the girls are ashamed and tried to hide their pregnancy? C'mon they were probably terrified!
Reply 103
Original post by Asiko

Original post by Asiko
Childish much.

NO U
Reply 104
Original post by NeonSkies

You do realise there has been a lot of cases where women (and girls) have been pregnant and not known until they give birth? It's got nothing to do with weight in a lot of instances, it's just something that can happen where there aren't any signs that you would normally expect.

She might have been fat (not seen the picture if there is one) to disguise it or she just didn't gain any weight during the pregnancy so nobody noticed the difference.

http://health.discovery.com/fansites/i-didnt-know-i-was-pregnant/pregnancy-surprises.html Read this if you think I'm talking rubbish.

Grow up a bit seriously.

Gay. Stop bumming men.
Oh come on, its a technological advancement. If a 12 year old girl can give birth successfully, we should be happy that we're evolving as humans.
Reply 106
Original post by Blueflare
Well obviously.
But the 12 year old girl in question here can't be considered responsible as she is well below the age of consent. Even if she "consented" it would still be a violation of law on the part of whoever else was involved.
Of course she should not have been having sex. I think we can all agree on that.
What the hell point did you think you were making?

I amn't talking about the girl I'm talking about the users of tsr. The girl was 12 she can't consent obviously so this was abuse manipulation, rape. It's people on tsr stating how could she not know she was pregnant I am referring to. Many women have not realised they are pregnant until they give birth due to the position of the baby, continued bleeding through pregnancy, weight loss and not feeling the baby move, yet people keep saying how could this girl not know she was pregnant.
Reply 107
Original post by Don'tNod
That's seriously messed up tbh. How could they not tell she was pregnant?

Original post by Lewroll
Sounds a bit fishy to me. How can you not tell that she was pregnant. Unless she was really fat?

Original post by KissMyArtichoke
how could she not notice? I know it might be underweight/ premature or something but it has to be pretty hard not to notice a whole baby inside you surely?

Original post by Asiko
But how can one not tell if she was pregnant? Unless people thought she got sung by a giant bee.

Original post by janet9
Shocking. She must have been a bit of a chubster, or had a really tiny baby inside her for noone to notice. Maybe her family has the abusive dad/uncle-kind thing had nothing to say. Poor girl, she's only 12 years old. Hope she fixes up and lives a good life.

Original post by OpenTheFloodGates
In all seriousness; how on earth could SHE not know she was preggers? I Thought we have sex ed lessons for a reason :s-smilie:

:facepalm:

Because teenage pregnancies show far far less than adult ones. It's "more natural" to give birth at that age, meaning that generally it's a) less painful to give birth at 13 or 14 and b) less likely to show. It's incredibly well documented that lots of girls that age don't know they're pregnant. It just doesn't show, and your periods can continue when you're pregnant. Not to mention that at that age they might not even have settled down yet, so you might not think it was weird if they stopped for a bit.
Original post by loling909
She didn't have her period for 9 months...surely she would of known...

If she's only 12 it's possible that she got pregnant the first time she ovulated and therefore didn't actually have her first period and didn't realise she was not having it for 9 months when she should have been, if that makes sense.

Poor girl, I hope she hasn't been abused :frown:.
:eek:

That is all.
Original post by Jackso
Gay. Stop bumming men.

I'm a girl you idiot. Your comment just proves what I said was right. Grow up and get a life.
Reply 111

I'm a girl you idiot. Your comment just proves what I said was right. Grow up and get a life.

NO U. Anddd you're obviously full of sh*t. Sorry bbz
Original post by Jackso
NO U. Anddd you're obviously full of sh*t. Sorry bbz

I think most people on this thread would strongly disagree, due to the vast amount of evidence there is to support that young girls often don't know they are pregnant until the very late stages in pregnancy.

Again, grow up, and be sorry for yourself that you're this ignorant, don't be sorry to me.
Reply 113

I think most people on this thread would strongly disagree, due to the vast amount of evidence there is to support that young girls often don't know they are pregnant until the very late stages in pregnancy.

Again, grow up, and be sorry for yourself that you're this ignorant, don't be sorry to me.

So you reckon she was a normal sized girl then? Be honest.
Original post by Jackso
So you reckon she was a normal sized girl then? Be honest.

No idea, but the average dress size in the UK is a size 14 so it depends on what you define as normal.

What the real issue is here is how she came to be pregnant in the first place, not whether she was fat or not. Sounds like child abuse to me.
Reply 115
Her parents need to be arrested tbh.
Reply 116
Original post by Bekaboo
:facepalm:

Because teenage pregnancies show far far less than adult ones. It's "more natural" to give birth at that age, meaning that generally it's a) less painful to give birth at 13 or 14 and b) less likely to show. It's incredibly well documented that lots of girls that age don't know they're pregnant. It just doesn't show, and your periods can continue when you're pregnant. Not to mention that at that age they might not even have settled down yet, so you might not think it was weird if they stopped for a bit.

Thank you for clarifying that up! Wow, I honestly had no idea! That's pretty interesting and cool, actually! :cool:
Reply 117
Original post by janet9
Thank you for clarifying that up! Wow, I honestly had no idea! That's pretty interesting and cool, actually! :cool:

what is adenosine?
Reply 118
Original post by in_vogue
what is adenosine?

As in adenosine tri phosphate (ATP!)
It's a nucleotide made up of adenine (one of the 4 RNA bases) and a ribose group

From a non molecular biology POV it makes you sleepy.
Caffeine binds to the receptor built for adenosine, because they kinda 'look the same', but it doesn't make you sleepy obviously - it makes you hyper! So if you have caffeine around then the adenosine gets left out :frown:
Original post by emeleh
Equally as worrying is the related link below that...
http://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/family-parenting/man-names-his-firstborn-daughter-%E2%80%98facebook%E2%80%99-blog-17-yahoo-lifestyles.html

...'Man names his daughter Facebook in tribute to social media site' :|

I know! I was like oh my god....
But I guess he has a sorta ok reason for it lol
what is this world coming to?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending