The Student Room Group

Libya, another Iraq another lie

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by There will be Particles
I love how every kid on TSR is suddenly an expert in recent Libyan history, most people on here couldn't even point it out on a map a few weeks ago and now they're lecturing each other on what is right and wrong or what's really going on in Libya :smile:

Leave the decision making to the real experts and stop passing hateful judgements on the freedom fighters in Libya based off of your ill informed sources - I'm sure you can find other ways to earn some rep or make yourself look a little more intelligent without trivialising the deaths of innocents and insulting Libyans such as myself.

It isn't a requirement of posting on here to be an expert. If it were you would have a rather lonely debate with yourself. You are obviously rabidly anti-Gadaffi, which seems to be the fashion these days, so we won't be getting the full picture from you will we?

What is very clear is that US/UK intentions always were more sinister than the utter lie they called a no fly zone. Their choosing a side, giving them close combat air support and now saying the mandate covers arming them shows what a bunch of scum our leaders are.

You also don't need to be an expert to see the blood lust of the US/UK and their grim determination to oust and if possible kill Gadaffi.
I love how every kid on TSR is suddenly an expert in recent Libyan history, most people on here couldn't even point it out on a map a few weeks ago and now they're lecturing each other on what is right and wrong or what's really going on in Libya :smile:

Leave the decision making to the real experts and stop passing hateful judgements on the freedom fighters in Libya based off of your ill informed sources - I'm sure you can find other ways to earn some rep or make yourself look a little more intelligent without trivialising the deaths of innocents and insulting Libyans such as myself.

or to paraphrase.....

THE GOVERNMENT HAS IT ALL UNDER CONTROL, DO NOT HAVE AN OPINION, GO AND WATCH EASTENDERS
Reply 222
What a pathetic remark, are you really being serious or just trying to embarress yourself?

How can you compare an entire oppressed population going through a popular uprising striving to simply attain basic human rights to a small scale violent political group THAT WAS FUNDED AND SUPPORTED BY GADDAFI HIMSELF - if you really stood up for human rights and were anti-terrorism you would be in support of the revolutionaris in Libya fighting against the terrorist regime of gaddafi that funded and armed groups such as the IRA and had terrorist bombing campains throughout europe.

you complete hypocrite, you clearly know nothing of irish history, i am irish, and the ira was just like the present libyan rebels. you talk of human rights and oppression, you need to delve deeper into the history of ireland, then you may understand your own countries situation.

dont insult those who died for freedom.
Reply 223
Original post by garethDT
or to paraphrase.....

THE GOVERNMENT HAS IT ALL UNDER CONTROL, DO NOT HAVE AN OPINION, GO AND WATCH EASTENDERS

sounds like a qoute of Cveitch.

http://www.youtube.com/user/cveitch#p/u/249/0ujsKsAukkU
Reply 224
Original post by robin22391
you complete hypocrite, you clearly know nothing of irish history, i am irish, and the ira was just like the present libyan rebels. you talk of human rights and oppression, you need to delve deeper into the history of ireland, then you may understand your own countries situation.

He has a point tbh. The IRA were hardly fighting for freedom on the same level as the Libyan rebels.

Charlie got the inspiration from Bill Hicks. I think it's great to use sarcastic humour in this context, it is a good way to highlight the absurdity of some of the comments.
Reply 226
Original post by garethDT
Charlie got the inspiration from Bill Hicks. I think it's great to use sarcastic humour in this context, it is a good way to highlight the absurdity of some of the comments.

yup... charlie veitch got it from bill hicks, i was thinking that myself.

they both have good things to say, its a good way of opening peoples eyes to the "choice between love and hate" without them realising it right away, it makes them think. i hope.

and its great to see people spreading that idea.
Reply 227
Original post by Aj12
He has a point tbh. The IRA were hardly fighting for freedom on the same level as the Libyan rebels.

fighting for your own sovereign island seperate from the empire, against oppression and hatred and sectarianism.

it seems similar to me.
Reply 228
fighting for your own sovereign island seperate from the empire, against oppression and hatred and sectarianism.

it seems similar to me.

Not at all. Don't be so ignorant.
Reply 229
Link to a video:The truth about life in Libya before the revolt.

The guy talking is a special reporter for Libya from Politika newspaper and media house.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 230
Original post by Djordje
Link to a video:The truth about life in Libya before the revolt.

The guy talking is a special reporter for Libya from Politika newspaper and media house.

So his defense of the Libyan system is that. Well other Arab countries are the same? Because that makes it ok.

LIbya is being attacked now because they have a popular uprising that if fails Gadaffi will likely kill thousands.

Good for the student. Plenty of towns in Libya have had absolutely no support from the government have never see any of the oil money.

Where is this guy coming up with this stuff? Every one gets their own apartment what?

Even if that is true at what cost? Living under a brutal dictator who happily assassinates anyone who dares speak out against him.

He claims much of the population not working is a good thing?
Reply 231
Original post by Aj12
So his defense of the Libyan system is that. Well other Arab countries are the same? Because that makes it ok.

LIbya is being attacked now because they have a popular uprising that if fails Gadaffi will likely kill thousands.

Good for the student. Plenty of towns in Libya have had absolutely no support from the government have never see any of the oil money.

Where is this guy coming up with this stuff? Every one gets their own apartment what?

Even if that is true at what cost? Living under a brutal dictator who happily assassinates anyone who dares speak out against him.

He claims much of the population not working is a good thing?

Were the same.
- do you really believe in that?
Reply 232
Obviously the United States cares nothing about Libyan civilians. It lets 46,000 of its own citizens die every year because it refuses to introduce a public health care system, so I doubt it is all that sentimental about the health and well-being of Libyans.
Reply 233
Original post by Djordje
Were the same.
- do you really believe in that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1359869/Libya-protests-Fighter-crew-deliberately-crash-jet-Gaddafi-bomb-order.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/9ca683f4-3f78-11e0-a1ba-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1IB4mfqJP

http://af.reuters.com/article/commoditiesNews/idAFLDE72L0R720110322

Yeah the man who does this. Not to mention when he killed all those prisoners a few years ago. I believe he would kill thousands of those who opposed him. He already said he would fight house to house in Benghazi.

He is crazy and a brutal fairly evil dictator.
Reply 234
I think it's good to get rid of Gaddafi but I think it's about oil as there are so many other tyrants in Africa that abuses its own people for example the dictator in Zimbawe, Syria, Bahrain etc etc
But there is this defective aid to Gaddadfi coming to UK who supported terrorism in England via IRA, talking about double standards!!

LOL, you moron I AM IRISH and I am very aware of Irish history, the original IRA has NOTHING to do with the CIRA that carried out terrorist attacks on innocents.
Original post by Aj12

He's ignorantly making the serious error of mixing up the initial popular (early 1900's) IRA movement with the modern 1980's terrorist group offshoots such as the CIRA...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 237
He's ignorantly making the serious error of mixing up the initial popular (early 1900's) IRA movement with the modern 1980's terrorist group offshoots such as the CIRA...

See this is why I stay as far from Irish politics and history as possible its bloody confusing and way to emotive.
Reply 238
LOL, you moron I AM IRISH and I am very aware of Irish history, the original IRA has NOTHING to do with the CIRA that carried out terrorist attacks on innocents.

"Libyans such as myself"

libyan and irish...., make up your mind.

and i never mentioned cira you did.

you cant be aware of irish history if you are not aware of the similarities between two rebel groups fighting for their own bit of land.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 239
Original post by Aj12
Not at all. Don't be so ignorant.

then enlighten me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending