The Student Room Group

For all you anti gun hoplophobes on here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hardballer
Seriously the comments just get better and better on this thread, a kevlar vest might stop a 9mm, but not a rifle, he can just keep shooting and shooting until you die or he can shoot you in the head, thus you need a way of stopping the threat, your logic is that we should just equip soldiers on peacekepping missions with bulletproof armour.

I think you'll find actually that kevlar plates stop most high velocity rounds, not just the 9mm youre on about. If you want to go heavy duty you can always get boron carbide body armour, stop a 50cal round that will, though your ribs won't be very pretty after.

You say free men don't ask to bear arms, only slaves do, are you admitting you ahve an unlicences firearm then? Because you'd have to ask if you wanted a licence wouldn't you?

You can describe our armed forces as slaves if you want too, however, I'd prefer just them to be allowed to have automatic weapons than every goon in this country who wants "to have fun shooting". Theyre a weapon, not a toy.

Your original argument is that why as a sportsperson do you not have the right to be able to prevent shootings, does this mean you wish to walk around at all times, with your shiny new automatic weapon? You're saying to me that the states is nothing like Helmand province, thats because people arent allowed to walk about carrying automatic rifles all day long.

Like I previously said, you want to play with weapons like that, either join the army, or piss off to the states if you think its so good. Alternatively you could go back to playing cod seeing as you seem to think its so easy to shoot people.
Reply 101
You shoot to kill, some people think it's a toy.
Reply 102
Guns were made to harm, there is no other reason.
Is it just me or are guns getting less deadly?

The man, aged 35, and the girl remain in a critical but stable condition.

The girl, who is thought to be the youngest victim of gun crime in London, was shot in the chest.

The shopkeeper, who lived above the store, was shot in the face. The victims were not related.

Somebody shot in the face survived?
I know this is rare, but it happened to that senator in America recently too.
and a young girl, shot in the chest and surviving? Crazy.

This is obviously a good thing, though.
Reply 104
Original post by moonkatt
I think you'll find actually that kevlar plates stop most high velocity rounds, not just the 9mm youre on about. If you want to go heavy duty you can always get boron carbide body armour, stop a 50cal round that will, though your ribs won't be very pretty after.

You say free men don't ask to bear arms, only slaves do, are you admitting you ahve an unlicences firearm then? Because you'd have to ask if you wanted a licence wouldn't you?

Your original argument is that why as a sportsperson do you not have the right to be able to prevent shootings, does this mean you wish to walk around at all times, with your shiny new automatic weapon? You're saying to me that the states is nothing like Helmand province, thats because people arent allowed to walk about carrying automatic rifles all day long.

In virginia you can open carry a rifle on your person all day long if you want to, and Britain is one big slave colony, so consequently we're all slaves that have to ask for licences for weapons if we want to be law abiding
that have to ask for licences for weapons if we want to be law abiding

And long may it continue. Go and live in the USA if you want the freedom to carry a gun.
Reply 106
Original post by jimmyjango

Also your thing about it preventing genocide in the UK, are you serious? Ok if you actually are, as i'm not sure where you are coming from I assume you think our government will commit genocide on us, in that case then right before they do surely they will just confiscate our weapons? If they don't then I doubt we would have much chance against the better trained better equipt government forces. :rolleyes:

Wow! Please move to America.

I own property here so can't at the moment, and thats why you don't hand in your guns when the genocidal government comes knocking, a very defeatist mindset you have
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 107
Ok, I own a semi automatic shotgun. I want a fully automatic assault rifle. you see where my problem lies?

You're an idiot.

You want guns to be legalised so that you can carry one around for 'self defence'. So you think even if guns were legalised that you would be able to walk around with an assault rifle?

I mean, I like Call of Duty as much as the next person but leave that stuff to virtual reality, kid.
Reply 108
Original post by Kaykiie
You're an idiot.

You want guns to be legalised so that you can carry one around for 'self defence'. So you think even if guns were legalised that you would be able to walk around with an assault rifle?

I mean, I like Call of Duty as much as the next person but leave that stuff to virtual reality, kid.

I aint a kid and cod sucks. If you listened to what I said originally I said I'd want the assault rifle for sports shooting on the weekend in my free time. On the street a reliable 1911 clone would be good for me , maybe a taurus 1911 and possibly a deringer or a .22 for back up

(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 109

I aint a kid and cod sucks. If you listened to what I said originally I said I'd want the assault rifle for sports shooting on the weekend in my free time. On the street a reliable 1911 clone would be good for me , maybe a taurus 1911 and possibly a deringer or a .22 for back up

Why do you need a fully automatic assault rifle for 'sports shooting'?

Why is Hitler on that picture? CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG but he hated Jews, not guns.
Reply 110
Original post by Kaykiie

Why is Hitler on that picture? CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG but he hated Jews, not guns.

he hated jews, which is why he imposed gun control and disarmed them before commiting the holocaust? is it really that hard to put 2 and 2 together?

"Regulations Against Jews' Possession of Weapons
11 November 1938
With a basis in §31 of the Weapons Law of 18 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p.265), Article III of the Law on the Reunification of Austria with Germany of 13 March 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 237), and §9 of the Führer and Chancellor's decree on the administration of the Sudeten-German districts of 1 October 1938 (Reichsgesetzblatt I, p 1331) are the following ordered:
§1
Jews (§5 of the First Regulations of the German Citizenship Law of 14 November 1935, Reichsgesetzblatt I, p. 1333) are prohibited from acquiring, possessing, and carrying firearms and ammunition, as well as truncheons or stabbing weapons. Those now possessing weapons and ammunition are at once to turn them over to the local police authority.

§2
Firearms and ammunition found in a Jew's possession will be forfeited to the government without compensation.

§3
The Minister of the Interior may make exceptions to the Prohibition in §1 for Jews who are foreign nationals. He can entrust other authorities with this power.

§4
Whoever willfully or negligently violates the provisions of §1 will be punished with imprisonment and a fine. In especially severe cases of deliberate violations, the punishment is imprisonment in a penitentiary for up to five years.

§5
For the implementation of this regulation, the Minister of the Interior waives the necessary legal and administrative provisions.

§6
This regulation is valid in the state of Austria and in the Sudeten-German districts.

Berlin, 11 November 1938
Minister of the Interior
Frick"
Reply 111
Original post by Kaykiie

why do people need sports cars? you can't go over 70mph anyway, because I want to thats why, and you and the government should keep your damn noses out
Reply 112

why do people need sports cars? you can't go over 70mph anyway, because I want to thats why, and you and the government should keep your damn noses out

Well if you want us to keep our noses out then don't go shoving it under them you moron.
Reply 113

he hated jews, which is why he imposed gun control and disarmed them before commiting the holocaust? is it really that hard to put 2 and 2 together?

If you really think that David Cameron hates you that much then maybe you should leave this country.

It must be hard for you never leaving the house for fear of being killed by the government :rolleyes:
Reply 114
Original post by Kaykiie
Well if you want us to keep our noses out then don't go shoving it under them you moron.

I'm shoving it under them because the laws need repealing and the government is the one who brought in these draconian slave laws to begin with
Reply 115
Original post by Kaykiie
If you really think that David Cameron hates you that much then maybe you should leave this country.

It must be hard for you never leaving the house for fear of being killed by the government :rolleyes:

get some perpspective, times change, maybe cameron wouldn't but theres lots of governments around the world that would
Reply 116

I'm shoving it under them because the laws need repealing and the government is the one who brought in these draconian slave laws to begin with

But you want us and the government to keep our noses out of your business. So why are you shoving it there?

If I want to do something that someone doesn't agree with I'm not about to go push it in their faces.
Reply 117
get some perpspective, times change, maybe cameron wouldn't but theres lots of governments around the world that would

Get some perspective, last time I checked I live in the UK. The UK where David Cameron is the leader, not a murderous maniac.
worked fine, I was in montana a month ago and noone locks their doors the crime rate is so low, most shotings in the states are done with illegal weapons

Montana? How about Detroit, Chicago, New York?
Reply 119
Original post by Lack of Creativity
Montana? How about Detroit, Chicago, New York?

they have strict gun control laws, so you're kind of going against yourself there

Quick Reply

Latest