The Student Room Group

Whats the longest amount of time you've spent revising?

I want to try and beat you. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

ehhh.. not long. revising in short bursts is a LOT better than sitting there for 5 hours.
Reply 2
Not long, probably 1-2 hours at most without having at least a little break.
not long
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
About 5 minutes.
Reply 5
Without a break? Genuinely like 15-20 minutes.
i was in yr 10 and i was revising for something.... cant remember, maybe it was english....

it was for 2 hours- i soon realised how daft that was
Reply 7
Of pure concentrated revision? 20mins
Reply 8
What do you mean like a whole revision session or like how long before my exams did I start revising. Anyway revise all you want if it isn't a plan to suit your individual type of learning then you are ****ed mate.
Reply 9
7 hours. never again. did really well in the exam though.
3 hours absolute maximum, a glass of water may or may not have been consumed within that time.
Reply 11
12 hours.

Never. Again. The memory of it still makes a shiver run down my spine.
3 hours aided by several cans of Monster. During that period though I probably took like little mini-breaks of just sitting there doing nothing.
Original post by Troubled_Student
3 hours aided by several cans of Monster. During that period though I probably took like little mini-breaks of just sitting there doing nothing.

Why does revising make you tired? What, was it like at one in the morning lol.
Reply 14
It's more the concentration aspect. Your brain can only do so much on one thing for so long.
Hmm if it is a small revision session of just revision, then probably about 20 mins. or so.
If everyone is saying that they can only concentrate for like 20 mins, then why do we have an hour lesson?
10 minutes, then 5 hours procastinating.
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
If everyone is saying that they can only concentrate for like 20 mins, then why do we have an hour lesson?

Because people on TSR know much much more than any teacher, professor or doctor!
Don't know about revising, But I once had sex for 2 hours :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest