The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Freshers Dates??

hi :smile: does anyone know when the freshers week for leeds starts this year?

i have a ticket for bestival which is the 8th-11th of september and am wondering if this means i will be missing any of freshers to go? if the exact date isn't known, does anyone know roughly when it is each year? thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hazzaman

i have a ticket for bestival which is the 8th-11th of september and am wondering if this means i will be missing any of freshers to go? if the exact date isn't known, does anyone know roughly when it is each year? thanks

I'm in Florida til the 11th of September so I asked a few students at the accommodation day, and they said its usually around the 19th-ish. I told them what date I'm back and they said I'll be back well in time anyway.

Hope this helps :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by Laura x<3x
I'm in Florida til the 11th of September so I asked a few students at the accommodation day, and they said its usually around the 19th-ish. I told them what date I'm back and they said I'll be back well in time anyway.

Hope this helps :smile:

do you know if it's 1 or 2 weeks?
Original post by dmz
do you know if it's 1 or 2 weeks?

Not a clue. From what I remember when my friends went its 2 weeks at most uni's. I think the SU website is good for all that stuff though =)

I know that last year arrival at accommodation was between 11th-18th September depending on where you will be living, then Freshers was 20th-24th and your course starts on the 27th.
Will probably change this year though.
Reply 5
Not a clue. From what I remember when my friends went its 2 weeks at most uni's. I think the SU website is good for all that stuff though =)

i think only a few uni's are 2 weeks long. I'll look it up
Reply 6
awesome, thanks guys. it seems like i'll definitely be up there in time for it :biggrin:
Original post by dmz
i think only a few uni's are 2 weeks long. I'll look it up

If you find out let me know?? Thank youuu
Reply 8
If you find out let me know?? Thank youuu

I've been told it's a week
Reply 9
Fresher's at Leeds is 1 week.
Reply 10
Original post by adamcarter22
I know that last year arrival at accommodation was between 11th-18th September depending on where you will be living, then Freshers was 20th-24th and your course starts on the 27th.
Will probably change this year though.

Freshers was 18th-25th last year actually :redface:

But either way, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with being away till the 11th.
Reply 11
Leeds freshers is actually USUALLY 2 weeks due to their being a metropolitan university in the city too and most crowds usually just meet on the mid ground, there will be some Leeds Uni and Leeds Met functions/events that only students at the respective unis can go to, but most of the time its a general free for all type situation
Ah that's so wierd! I was thinking of going to bestival, and then i was like "ohh no, what if it clashes with freshers, aaaah"... but now I can book tickets with peace of mind :wink: haha
Reply 13
Original post by supernova92
Ah that's so wierd! I was thinking of going to bestival, and then i was like "ohh no, what if it clashes with freshers, aaaah"... but now I can book tickets with peace of mind :wink: haha

Id say youll get away with it nicely myself, wish i could go, but need laptop and stuff for when we all start which is a pain in the backside.
Original post by jmp04
Id say youll get away with it nicely myself, wish i could go, but need laptop and stuff for when we all start which is a pain in the backside.

Yeah, thanks :smile: Same... but I'm not going away anywhere, except camping, so this would be a nice little thing to do... But they have a thing where you pay in 3/4 installments, which is so helpful! :biggrin: (I'm so excited about the lineup!)
Reply 15
Original post by supernova92
Yeah, thanks :smile: Same... but I'm not going away anywhere, except camping, so this would be a nice little thing to do... But they have a thing where you pay in 3/4 installments, which is so helpful! :biggrin: (I'm so excited about the lineup!)

line up is amazing, couldn't believe it when i saw the second announcement :biggrin:

fancy dress should be jokes aswell. if you see a 19 year old ziggy stardust stumbling around come and say hi (although i bet there will be about a million :tongue:)
Reply 16
Original post by emeleh
Freshers was 18th-25th last year actually :redface:

But either way, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with being away till the 11th.

if 21st is on ucas is that the week fresher ends?
I got my letter through, maths department it says that intro week monday the 19th of september, and actual lessons starts on the 26th of september this year, not sure if intro week is freshers though :s-smilie: x
line up is amazing, couldn't believe it when i saw the second announcement :biggrin:

fancy dress should be jokes aswell. if you see a 19 year old ziggy stardust stumbling around come and say hi (although i bet there will be about a million :tongue:)

Literally, so many of my fav artists are there! I've still not booked though.. have to wait till I get paid first :/ How long before they sell out do you think?
Haha there proabably will :wink:
Reply 19
Original post by Nicola.Garner
I got my letter through, maths department it says that intro week monday the 19th of september, and actual lessons starts on the 26th of september this year, not sure if intro week is freshers though :s-smilie: x

Intro week generally is Freshers as you have a very small amount of lectures (usually that is) and theres lots of orientation events around town to get you used to the area, which is perfect for meets and greets, but you will already know people in your accommodation too so you have drinking buddies from the start.

(And yes "orientation events around town" was a polite way of putting pub crawls)

Quick Reply

Latest