The Student Room Group

Any other guys tired of having really skinny arms?

I hate them, they're easily one of the most unattractive part of me :mad:
i've tried working out for the past couple months but it only seems to tone what little muscle I have there

same as anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Go eat a whole chicken.
What size weights are you using... be honest.
Reply 3
You sound quite emasculated. Most guys have quite beasty arms, you sound like there may be something wrong with you. Like you have a vagina.
Original post by TheBlackMonster
I hate them, they're easily one of the most unattractive part of me :mad:
i've tried working out for the past couple months but it only seems to tone what little muscle I have there

same as anyone else?

Nope, my arms are nice. Also you're not working out properly.
Original post by TheRustaman
What size weights are you using... be honest.

20lbs
Reply 6
I have exactly the same problem. You quite simply have to work your freakin' ass off on the weights. Lifting 20lbs won't do anything for you... You've gotta be benching 30-40lbs and eating LOAAAADDDSSS of food. No food = No Muscle Build.
I hate my skinny arms, cannae be arrrsed going gym though and can't afford weights...
Original post by Harry.C
You sound quite emasculated. Most guys have quite beasty arms, you sound like there may be something wrong with you. Like you have a vagina.

This made me lol so hard. Nah most guys don't have beefy arms...they may be wearing beefy jumpers though. :wink:
Nope. :smile:

I've always been quite slim. I tried the whole exercise, get muscle thing, but it's just not interesting at all. the most toned I was came from working on a mango farm. I couldn't really give a **** tbh. Arms are arms.
Reply 10
Original post by Willum Infanta
I hate my skinny arms, cannae be arrrsed going gym though and can't afford weights...

I've just started doing press ups in the house in the hope that something might come of it. Somehow, I doubt it will mind. :closedeyes:
Original post by DrummerG
I have exactly the same problem. You quite simply have to work your freakin' ass off on the weights. Lifting 20lbs won't do anything for you... You've gotta be benching 30-40lbs and eating LOAAAADDDSSS of food. No food = No Muscle Build.

but I dont have the equpiment to bench press or anything

and I have been eating more meat to try to increase my mass
OP I thought you had to lift heavy, and eat a lot!

Keep trying, all guys can lift and build muscle if they want it hard enough. :wink:
Reply 13
Ugh, I'm a girl who has surprisingly muscly arms, which is odd as I eat like not protein and do no exercise :/ I want thin arms!
Original post by Boo!xx
Ugh, I'm a girl who has surprisingly muscly arms, which is odd as I eat like not protein and do no exercise :/ I want thin arms!

wanna swap? :O
Reply 15
wanna swap? :O

Yes! :P
Original post by DrummerG
I've just started doing press ups in the house in the hope that something might come of it. Somehow, I doubt it will mind. :closedeyes:

If your username is implying you do drumming then surely you'll have a little muscle from doing that?
Reply 17
but I dont have the equpiment to bench press or anything

and I have been eating more meat to try to increase my mass

Hard, right? If you can't do anything like that, then I'm afraid you're going to be stuck with your arms like the rest of us. I wouldn't worry about it too much mate. If you're that fussed about it, then just do loads of pull ups and press ups. Get yourself a bar to go across a door frame, they're not too expensive. Just try to avoid repetition. Put a load of school/Uni work in a backpack and do press ups. Reps = Tone, Weight = Build.
Reply 18
Original post by I<3LAMP
This made me lol so hard. Nah most guys don't have beefy arms...they may be wearing beefy jumpers though. :wink:

If I ever feel self-conscious about the size of my arms I just put this on:

Reply 19
Original post by Willum Infanta
If your username is implying you do drumming then surely you'll have a little muscle from doing that?

Forearm rather than Biceps and triceps :smile: (I didn't know the name of the arm before the forearm? Ha.)

My arms are firm, but not big. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest