The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Offers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Just an offtopic post, sorry for that, but will you guys pay the 9000 or the 3000 fees per year?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 781
Original post by Neofytos
Just an offtopic post, sorry for that, but will you guys pay the 9000 or the 3000 fees per year?

Non-deferred (Oct 2011) students will pay the ~£3000 fees,
and deferred (Oct 2012) students will pay the ~£9000 fees.

Don't worry about being OT, reading previous posts you'll see yours was one of the more related ones being made :rolleyes:
Reply 782
Original post by yaredabestan
Conditional offer for Physics!
They have classified my fee status as overseas though... whereas I'm Italian :s-smilie:

You should contact them ASAP for them to correct the error. The sooner the better, although I don't think it is that urgent, better to be on the safe side.:smile:
Just got an offer 5 minutes ago for Biology; I don't think it's even on Track yet :smile:)))
Reply 784
Original post by Hannah Park
Just got an offer 5 minutes ago for Biology; I don't think it's even on Track yet :smile:)))

Ooh well done :smile:
Reply 785
Original post by Hannah Park

Me too :biggrin: Congrats!

It's quite annoying though as my email doesn't state the offer and because it's not on track yet I can't find out :s-smilie: Do you know what most people have been offered this year?
Original post by flisshg

It's quite annoying though as my email doesn't state the offer and because it's not on track yet I can't find out :s-smilie: Do you know what most people have been offered this year?

Congratz to you too~~ I'm in the same situation here, although I can't really ask around because I'm taking APs, not A levels :frown:.
Original post by Zottula
Ooh well done :smile:

Thank you, you lucky person who got an unconditional xD.
Original post by flisshg

If you're applying for Biology then I think most people here got AAA or AAB
Reply 789
One of my friends was predicted 44 IB point and the other was predicted 5A*s at A-level (with a 96% average in UMS at AS).
They applied for Mechanical Engineering and both got rejected.

Luckily for one of them, he has an offer from Cambridge but for the other... well I think it was unfair on him - What are Imperial looking for?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by kpatb
One of my friends was predicted 44 IB point and the other was predicted 5A*s at A-level (with a 96% average in UMS at AS).

What is Imperial looking for?

Wow that is rather shocking really!
One thing though, Imperial places a lot of emphasis on your extra curricular activities to see you've got more to you than your academia. And I remember reading somewhere on the Imperial website that they pay a lot of importance to a strong reference.
And apart from that, Mech Eng is ridiculously competitive anyway.
Reply 791
Original post by kpatb

Luckily for one of them, he has an offer from Cambridge but for the other... well I think it was unfair on him - What are Imperial looking for?

Judging from the cases I've encountered, Cambridge are looking for good exam technique while Imperial are looking for subject aptitude.

NOOOO STOP NEGREPPING IT BURNS IT BURNS IT BURNS :rolleyes:
(although it does prove how many Oxbridge people are insecure enough to validate themselves by scanning internet forums for weakness)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 792
Original post by roblee
Judging from the cases I've encountered, Cambridge are looking for good exam technique while Imperial are looking for subject aptitude.

EDIT: @Nikita.

How do you think Imperial would test subject aptitude? From what I've heard their personal statements were very good, so I'm sure their interest in their subjects shone through. I would have thought Cambridge weren't solely interested about exam technique since they interview - but I could be totally wrong!

Original post by nikita_atikin
Wow that is rather shocking really!
One thing though, Imperial places a lot of emphasis on your extra curricular activities to see you've got more to you than your academia. And I remember reading somewhere on the Imperial website that they pay a lot of importance to a strong reference.
And apart from that, Mech Eng is ridiculously competitive anyway.

Well I can believe the extra curricular activities because when I went to meet an admissions tutor at Imperial he was very keen to know what extra curriculars I had donem especially my music, because he himself was a musician. He seemed to keep emphasising that Imperial wasn't just a place for "brainbox/nerdy types"
I did guess that Mech Eng was very competitive :smile: I just wondered how two people with pretty perfect grades were rejected... It was just shocking to see. Both are two of the smartest people I know. Unfortunately, I guess it happens :frown:
Original post by roblee

EDIT: @Nikita.

Judging from the cases I've encountered, Imperial are looking to ensure that their university remains eternally a huge sausage fest.
Reply 794
Original post by TimmonaPortella
lol imperial sucks trololololol

:rolleyes: (I guess you never visited Cam's engineering departments)
Original post by roblee
:rolleyes: (I guess you never visited Cam's engineering departments)

Oh, I just discovered why you think Cambridge admissions aren't based on aptitude.

Computer Science@Girton College Cambridge INSTANT REJECTION 18/11/10 WOOOOOOOO

teehee.
Reply 796
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Oh, I just discovered why you think Cambridge admissions aren't based on aptitude.
teehee.

Correct. Does top 4 in country not count as aptitude?:smile:

(the ground, it moves!)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by roblee
Correct. Does top 4 in country not count as aptitude?:smile:

(the ground, it moves!)

http://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/world-university-rankings/2010
Reply 798

That's a university ranking link, right?
What's your point?

(Once again, I'm loving all the Oxbridge applicants crawling out of the woodwork to validate their existences)
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by roblee
That's a university ranking link, right?
What's your point?

(Once again, I'm loving all the Oxbridge applicants crawling out of the woodwork to validate their existences)

Lol, I'm just chuckling at your angst, and at how much spin you are trying to put on your rejection.
Consider yourself my clown.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending