The Student Room Group

Women are now going for effeminate men.

Successful trolling thread

I live in Hong Kong, and **** me, there are way, way, way too many effeminate men.

What's shocking? Some women are actually going for these "men". Skinny jeans, long hair with fringes, nose piercings, skinny arms, you name any feminine characteristics, and BOOM these men have 'em.

Now, I'm not saying women aren't attracted to masculine/alpha males who go to the gym (and work out with weights, not going on the cycling machine reading a magazine and at a speed of about 2 km/h), obviously not.

But why on earth would a woman want to be courted by a "man" who is almost no less womanly?
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You can't help who you are attracted to.

They might not be your cup of tea but thats not to say, every woman feels that way.
Reply 2
Skinny jeans chafe my buttcheeks. I'm more comfortable in hobo clothes. :biggrin:
Its Japan, most men from the age of 10 to 30 are like that.

Personalyl the Japs are to ****in weird.
Reply 4
Do not understand that at all but they do seem to like "cute" things over there. Give me a hunk of a rugby player any day! :P

What the hell was the neg for? explain yourself!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by rhinger
I live in Hong Kong, and **** me, there are way, way, way too many effeminate men.

What's shocking? Some women are actually going for these "men". Skinny jeans, long hair with fringes, nose piercings, skinny arms, you name any feminine characteristics, and BOOM these men have 'em.

Now, I'm not saying women aren't attracted to masculine/alpha males who go to the gym (and work out with weights, not going on the cycling machine reading a magazine and at a speed of about 2 km/h), obviously not.

But why on earth would a woman want to be courted by a "man" who is almost no less womanly?

Men dressing effeminately is a huge turn off for me. My boyfriend has short dark hair and trained in the Army so he's pretty masculine, and I'm so glad of this!

I have no idea why girls find these guys attractive either really, especially if he comes out with "could I borrow your straighteners?" - yikes.

Each to their own though I guess.
Reply 6
Personally i like my men manly - cant stand this whole long straightened fringe, and skinny jeans look.
Reply 7
It's so they can have someone to chat to about desperate housewives. The only conversation I ever have with a women involves pirates, sandwiches and tabasco.
I think that lots of effeminate men, especially when they have the emo/androgynous style, are very manipulative and trick women into bed, to a far greater extent than most normal guys.

Also they are a certain attraction for an insecure or hyper nurturing girl.
Reply 9
Original post by HARRY PUTAH

Say "Japanese" please not "Japs" - it is offensive to some people.

Hong Kong is not in Japan by the way.

To everyone who is neg repping, you need to understand that just because you might not find something offensive other people might.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
cry me a river....... you cannot change what people are attracted to and who made you king to decide what is masculine?

in the middle ages masculine men wore make up, stockings and wigs!!!!

people, tastes, fashion, ideas and conceptions change , keep up or be left behind.
Reply 11
Original post by rhinger

I'm a woman and I'm not particularly attracted to the bolded bit. :colonhash:

I don't like really femenine men either though, to be honest the guys you've described just sound emo.
Get over it.
Reply 13
Original post by HARRY PUTAH

Hong kong is not in Japan -_-
look at an atlas.
Reply 14
Original post by Harry.C
It's so they can have someone to chat to about desperate housewives. The only conversation I ever have with a women involves pirates, sandwiches and tabasco.

Yay for stereotypes.
Women have been slobbering after men who look like women since the 70s. Its not a new development
Reply 16
Original post by NeonSkies
Men dressing effeminately is a huge turn off for me. My boyfriend has short dark hair and trained in the Army so he's pretty masculine, and I'm so glad of this!

I have no idea why girls find these guys attractive either really, especially if he comes out with "could I borrow your straighteners?" - yikes.

Each to their own though I guess.

I forgot mine when I was staying over at a male friends, so I had to borrow his! :tongue:

What's wrong with a man using straightners though? :confused: I think it's nice, it shows they're taking care of their appearance. I'm not on about femenine men here, but I think a lot of modern men like to have nice hair, so why not straighten it? There's nothing inherently girly about it.
I like my guys like this. We are all different. Go on then... (waits for neg). Seriously though, why does it matter who likes what? Its not affecting you is it?
Original post by .Ali.
I forgot mine when I was staying over at a male friends, so I had to borrow his! :tongue:

What's wrong with a man using straightners though? :confused: I think it's nice, it shows they're taking care of their appearance. I'm not on about femenine men here, but I think a lot of modern men like to have nice hair, so why not straighten it? There's nothing inherently girly about it.

I dunno it's just I don't think straighteners were really designed with men in mind, men are more into gels surely for haircare? I just think that men who spend forever on their hair need to man up a bit.
Reply 19
Original post by CountMancula

Original post by CountMancula
Get over it.

Hah please. I'm not getting over anything, I get plenty of women already because I'm as masculine as can be. It just pisses me off that some women actually find skinny jeans and all that feminine **** attractive.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply