The Student Room Group

i want to work in an airport.

anything but a janitor.

will a degree in computer science be of any use? i kinda like the idea of waking up early in the morning, smoking a fat spliff then working in a place filled with bare freshies walking about aimlessly.

seriously, i've seen chavs working at airports (and i love chavs). so are there any particular requirements? and how bad is the pay for your average airport job
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=working+in+an+airport

Seriously, people should use google more..
They say that even to work in the duty free shops this is highly competitive.
I just can't be bothered to write a CV and email it
What do you mean like just in a coffee shop or something? Or like a baggage handler?
What job do you want specifically?

Sky Cap?

Director?

Baggage handler?

Check in desk receptionist?

Customer Services?

Fixed Based Operator Linesperson?

Air traffic controller?

Duty Free sales assistant?

Immigration officer?

Orrifice Violator?

Going to have to break it down for us bro
Reply 5
Original post by linkdapink
What do you mean like just in a coffee shop or something? Or like a baggage handler?
lol coffee shop, wtf? am i a dickhead in life haha

i really don't know, preferably anything computer/maths related!
Reply 6
Original post by Dude Where's My Username
What job do you want specifically?

Sky Cap?

Director?

Baggage handler?

Check in desk receptionist?

Customer Services?

Fixed Based Operator Linesperson?

Air traffic controller?

Duty Free sales assistant?

Immigration officer?

Orrifice Violator?

Going to have to break it down for us bro
i'm looking for a job in the airport where i'll be surrounded by people, and where i get to use a computer. oh, and must have a pay of £30000, but i'll go down to £25000 if i'm asking for too much. i'll probably make the rest of my money illegally.
Reply 7
Original post by Superstar6318
They say that even to work in the duty free shops this is highly competitive.
I just can't be bothered to write a CV and email it
would a sexy algerian with a computer science degree have a chance of pwning this competition?

i've seen dumbass chavs working at airports, can't be that hard?
Original post by lean bean
anything but a janitor.

will a degree in computer science be of any use? i kinda like the idea of waking up early in the morning, smoking a fat spliff then working in a place filled with bare freshies walking about aimlessly.

seriously, i've seen chavs working at airports (and i love chavs). so are there any particular requirements? and how bad is the pay for your average airport job

Heathrow chal-jana si! :biggrin:

Practically 7/8 apne' people I know from Southall and Hayes all work at Heathrow airport.
Reply 9
Original post by 'James Hunt'

Practically 7/8 apne' people I know from Southall and Hayes all work at Heathrow airport.
can you rephrase that please?
Reply 10
Original post by odacel
Airports are great. I work part-time in a bakery at Copenhagen Airport, and even though I'm not planning to stay there forever it's much better than working at a "regular" bakery.
what's the pay like babes
Reply 11
I wouldn't trust you with a pocket calculator, let alone a computer.
would a sexy algerian with a computer science degree have a chance of pwning this competition?

i've seen dumbass chavs working at airports, can't be that hard?

No idea if you can pwn the competition. My White friend with a bunch of qualifications got turned down to work at McDonalds yet a bunch of freshies without a qualification to their name work there,

you never know about anything these days
can you rephrase that please?

lol, i thought you were indian because you used the word 'freshies'. sorry

Basically i said you should have went Heathrow airport as most people I know from Southall/Hayes work there mainly as baggage handlers and run-staff as they have family or friends whoe reccomend them to their bosses when a position is open.

I was waiting for someone to say this, yes it's true there's too many Indians. Blaady
your average airport job

Reply 16
lol, i thought you were indian because you used the word 'freshies'. sorry

Basically i said you should have went Heathrow airport as most people I know from Southall/Hayes work there mainly as baggage handlers and run-staff as they have family or friends whoe reccomend them to their bosses when a position is open.
a freshy = somebody fresh off the boat, e.g. an indian who walks the streets in sandals and has a strong indian accent is a freshy. that's what it means in london anyway.

is there no apply for a job section or w/e on the heathrow website? or any other airport? seriously, getting high then doing some sh;t in the airport would be an amazing life.
Original post by r_n_b_crazi

Beat me to it!
a freshy = somebody fresh off the boat, e.g. an indian who walks the streets in sandals and has a strong indian accent is a freshy. that's what it means in london anyway.

is there no apply for a job section or w/e on the heathrow website? or any other airport? seriously, getting high then doing some sh;t in the airport would be an amazing life.

British born Indian's call indians from living in Britain freshies. I thought you were British Indian.
Reply 19
British born Indian's call indians from living in Britain freshies. I thought you were British Indian.
bruv i'm not indian

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending