The Student Room Group

Women are now going for effeminate men.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

posted this before, but this appears to be the men women are typically attracted to these days.
Original post by Harry.C
It's so they can have someone to chat to about desperate housewives. The only conversation I ever have with a women involves pirates, sandwiches and tabasco.

Replace "tobasco" with Iron Maiden and thats my boyfriend.
Reply 23
Original post by NeonSkies
I dunno it's just I don't think straighteners were really designed with men in mind, men are more into gels surely for haircare? I just think that men who spend forever on their hair need to man up a bit.

I don't like gel in mens hair, it feels all hard and gross when I play with it. (I just realised that's a perfect that what she said phrase. :colone:) Different people like different things I guess! :tongue:
Original post by rhinger
Hah please. I'm not getting over anything, I get plenty of women already because I'm as masculine as can be. It just pisses me off that some women actually find skinny jeans and all that feminine **** attractive.

What's your definition of masculine? Just blokes who don't wear skinny jeans?
Understood.
Reply 26
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Its Japan, most men from the age of 10 to 30 are like that.

Personalyl the Japs are to ****in weird.

Hong Kong is not in Japan, bro. :colonhash:
Original post by .Ali.
I don't like gel in mens hair, it feels all hard and gross when I play with it. (I just realised that's a perfect that what she said phrase. :colone:) Different people like different things I guess! :tongue:

Lmao xD

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of gels myself, but I think they were more designed for men and straighteners for women if you get me. My boyf just wakes up in the morning and checks no tufts of hair are sticking on end really, that's his hair styling done for the day :tongue:

Everyone has their own opinions though, that's what makes things interesting!
Reply 28
Original post by CountMancula

Original post by CountMancula
What's your definition of masculine? Just blokes who don't wear skinny jeans?

There can't be a definition. Of course not wearing skinny jeans would be a bloody huge bonus though.

Think along the lines of the typical American high school jock.
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
Its Japan, most men from the age of 10 to 30 are like that.

Personalyl the Japs are to ****in weird.

So what part of:
Original post by rhinger
I live in Hong Kong

Did you get Japan from? Hong Kong is not Japan....

OP this is an Asian thing, a lot of them dress the way you describe... personally I don't get it but then again I am not over there :smile:
Reply 30
Lmao xD

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of gels myself, but I think they were more designed for men and straighteners for women if you get me. My boyf just wakes up in the morning and checks no tufts of hair are sticking on end really, that's his hair styling done for the day :tongue:

Everyone has their own opinions though, that's what makes things interesting!

I know what you mean, but I think they're gender neutral, unless you buy pink sparkly ones. :tongue: Kind of like moisturisers, I think it's good if men use them, but obviously if they smell like a strawberry, they're using a girly one.

Yeah, differences make the world go around xD
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/6270786/The-pill-gives-women-a-taste-for-boyish-men-like-Zac-Efron.html

The way the pill (at least some of them) works is that it loosely mimics pregnancy. There is a correlation between women's 'taste' depending on if they are pregnant or not.

If they are not pregnant, they find masculine men most attractive as they have 'the strongest genes', whereas when they are pregnant, feminine men are preferred as they are more likely to help with the rearing of kids.

Note: this by no means applies to all women, but there is reasonable evidence to indicate it is true for a majority.
Reply 32
Original post by rhinger
I live in Hong Kong, and **** me, there are way, way, way too many effeminate men.

What's shocking? Some women are actually going for these "men". Skinny jeans, long hair with fringes, nose piercings, skinny arms, you name any feminine characteristics, and BOOM these men have 'em.

Now, I'm not saying women aren't attracted to masculine/alpha males who go to the gym (and work out with weights, not going on the cycling machine reading a magazine and at a speed of about 2 km/h), obviously not.

But why on earth would a woman want to be courted by a "man" who is almost no less womanly?

Breasts? Vaginas? High levels of estrogen? Periods? Didn't think so.

Fashion is transcient, it doesn't define sex any more than one's job. It just so happens that in the previous paradigms men tended to have short hair and wear loose clothing, whereas women did quite the opposite. Want to know a similar example? Men had jobs, and worked hard all day, while women stayed at home and looked after the kids. But no one (at least, no one I know) is as ridiculous so as to conclude from this that work is a masculine trait and cooking and cleaning is a femanine trait, and furthermore, from this deplore the unnattractiveness of the modern working woman on these grounds ("she's so masculine, holding a job and all").

If you don't like skinny jeans, cool. But don't be stupid enough to conflate this with the useless sexist rhetoric of "masculinity".
Original post by rhinger
Hah please. I'm not getting over anything, I get plenty of women already because I'm as masculine as can be. It just pisses me off that some women actually find skinny jeans and all that feminine **** attractive.

Why does it piss you off? :confused: Who other people are attracted to is none of your concern.
Say "Japanese" please not "Japs" - it is offensive.

Hong Kong is not in Japan by the way.

Neg rep because I hate racial slurs? Riight. Look the word up and you will understand :rolleyes:

Agree.

Whenever I point out ignorance about Japan/China/HK I get negged.

Because TSR doesn't like reading facts?

And no, they're not the same because they're in the Far East.

Are British the same as Americans because they're in the West?

And it's not about being politically correct, it's about not being totally ignorant.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 35
I have skinny arms, I have yet to have women swarming around me. Indeed they appear to have quite the opposite effect.
Original post by No Future
'Japs' and 'Chinks' are both pejorative racial terms, akin to saying ****** or paki.

Your brain must be a bit too soft and useless if you think Hong Kong is in Japan.

Try looking at an atlas.

Lol, this. You always find that racists are the most ignorant of people.
Well the Japanese generally have more feminine features when compared to other races so the women there would be used to it and it would appeal to them.
Say "Japanese" please not "Japs" - it is offensive.

Hong Kong is not in Japan by the way.

Neg rep because I hate racial slurs? Riight. Look the word up and you will understand :rolleyes:

Japs isn't offensive.

It's short for Japanese.

It's a bit like 'paki'. It's only racist if you assume racist connotations.

I don't get all het up if someone calls me a Brit. Hell, I am a Brit! Pakistanis are Pakis and Japanese are Japs!
:facepalm: Can't accept simple terms? At least I know where famous locations are on an atlas.

Get off this forum, racist scum. There's a couple of simple terms for you right there, live with it. Just because you think it's acceptable to be intolerant of other cultures doesn't mean everyone else should listen to your drivel.

oh? So I cant have a dumb moment once a week? I need to fall to the floor crying because soft headed, feather brained whimps like yourself cannot accept a bit of truth? How am I intollerant to other cultures by saying chinks? I have had chinese curries (which i liked) and I love Kung-fu plus other weird stuff the chinks (lolol) have given to us.

You're just too dumb to understand really so go jump off a cliff. Preferably a high one near Morcambe Bay. :biggrin:

Original post by No Future
'Japs' and 'Chinks' are both pejorative racial terms, akin to saying ****** or paki.

Your brain must be a bit too soft and useless if you think Hong Kong is in Japan.

Try looking at an atlas.

No **** sherlock, dumb moment, now carry on with your little forum trolling as its quite entertaining.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending