The Student Room Group

Any girl here that would wait forever for a guy to make the first move?

If you liked a guy, would you wait for him to make that first move, even if you liked him a lot but weren't even sure if he liked you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sometimes a move can be made that will make you think that the relationship is progressing without anything ever being said, ie, if you both arrange a time to see each other regularly, you go out to dinner, to the cinema, say you enjoy your time together to each other, etc. In such situations, I would verbally progress the relationship, I don't think it should be solely up to the guy, but I'd like confirmation that the relationship is one that can be progressed and not just my imagination.
Yes, i waited for him to make the first move. =D It's simple really. It takes guts to ask someone out. By asking me out i know that he has confidence - SCRATCH THAT IT JUST SHOWS HE KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS!

Of course there's nothing wrong with being forward and asking the guy first.....i'm just a traditionalist and a wee bit of scaredy-cat :P

EDIT: i understand all the neg rep but jeez don't u want ur woman to have a bit of mystery!?!?!?!
(edited 13 years ago)
Anyone who thinks that anything in a relationship should be solely up to a male or solely up to a female should be shot (giving birth is excluded from this rule) :colonhash:
Waiting for someone forever isnt really possible...because eventually you get over them, or someone else comes along and you're feelings change...so just because you didnt make a move then..it doesnt always mean you're still waiting :smile:

I met someone nice and had a deep conversation with them which was strange because I'd only just met them.....you'd think he'd leave me some form of contact apart from just his first name:rolleyes: I would've asked but he mentioned he was busy with uni assessments until the end of april..so i guess it would've been rude if i did :/ because when i do meet someone new that i like...i usually talk too much..and yeah i would be a distraction:tongue:

Probably best that I didnt ask,...and I doubt ill still want it in a month's time from now.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Star_struck
Yes, i waited for him to make the first move. =D It's simple really. It takes guts to ask someone out. By asking me out i know that he has confidence, is interested in me in the first place, and can make decisions for himself!

so because you wouldn;t make the first move... this makes you uninterested, incapable of making decisions for yourself and unconfident...? wow... femenists must LOVE you :biggrin:
I'm lazy, I always allow the girl to make the first move. Seeing as women want equal rights, I'll let them open the door for me for once. :smile:
Original post by Drunk Punx
Anyone who thinks that anything in a relationship should be solely up to a male or solely up to a female should be shot (giving birth is excluded from this rule) :colonhash:

Not sure I would go quite that far, but I do agree that nothing should be left to one person in a relationship :smile: However, I am a bit of a romantic and will wait for the guy to make his move :wink:
Original post by steve collins
so because you wouldn;t make the first move... this makes you uninterested, incapable of making decisions for yourself and unconfident...? wow... femenists must LOVE you :biggrin:

aha no no feminists are backwards people remember............so it shows that i have better things to do than chasing guys :cool:
If I am "waiting" for him to make the first move, then surely I have reasons to think he likes me. In which case I will eventually step up if he's taking too long.
But if he's so concealed that I wouldn't for a second imagine he has some feelings for me, I won't bother waiting at all, let alone forever. Even if I really like him. Might come across as pretty vain but the truth is I'm only looking after myself. And after the guy, actually. Why bore him if I know he just doesn't feel the same way? That will only make us both uncomfortable.

PS I don't generally like the idea of a formal "first move" though. I believe there are supposed to be tiny little steps on both sides instead. Although that could hardly ever happen.
Reply 10
If I am "waiting" for him to make the first move, then surely I have reasons to think he likes me. In which case I will eventually step up if he's taking too long.
But if he's so concealed that I wouldn't for a second imagine he has some feelings for me, I won't bother waiting at all, let alone forever. Even if I really like him. Might come across as pretty vain but the truth is I'm only looking after myself. And after the guy, actually. Why bore him if I know he just doesn't feel the same way? That will only make us both uncomfortable.

PS I don't generally like the idea of a formal "first move" though. I believe there are supposed to be tiny little steps on both sides instead. Although that could hardly ever happen.
Reply 11
Original post by Maishpotatoes
It's the guy's job to make the first move but if he didn't I would move on!

Would you at least hint that you like him?
Original post by qwerty_mad
If you liked a guy, would you wait for him to make that first move, even if you liked him a lot but weren't even sure if he liked you?

Yes, I am currently waiting at the minute... :colondollar: I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship, but it is hard... :redface:
Reply 13
Nope. If they're worth it then I'll just take the lead... and if it doesn't work out then at least I know... I don't chase anyone for **** :wink:
Reply 14
No I wouldn't wait forever, unless for some reason I was not convinced he is interested or if he wasn't available to me (i.e dated my friend in the past/just split up with his girlfriend)
Reply 15
Original post by proud nd luvin it
Yes, I am currently waiting at the minute... :colondollar: I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship, but it is hard... :redface:

How long you been waiting? Do you think he likes you?
Original post by qwerty_mad
How long you been waiting? Do you think he likes you?

Well I have known him for ages, he's kind of like my best mate :colondollar: everyone says we should go out, we have loads of stuff in common... but he's not exactly forward with his feelings :tongue:
if only we could read their minds, eh? :biggrin:
Reply 17
Original post by proud nd luvin it
Well I have known him for ages, he's kind of like my best mate :colondollar: everyone says we should go out, we have loads of stuff in common... but he's not exactly forward with his feelings :tongue:
if only we could read their minds, eh? :biggrin:

Do you really think you have loads in common or just think that is because you like this guy? Sometimes I think that's the case with me, you see.

Being able to read their minds mean there would be no saga. :tongue:
Original post by Drunk Punx

What about hoovering?
Original post by JayTeeKay
What about hoovering?

Guys can do that if there's nothing on the tv :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending