The Student Room Group

The Annoying Flatmate Thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora
Yep. We come to blows at least once a month. Her dad is the landlord so she screams, stamps her feet, and declares that it's "her" house, and she can live however she likes. She's never even paid rent. I solemnly wish I had an incling before I moved in. She's ****ing gross.

Aw that's rubbish. I'd have taken pictures of the filth and threatened to show the landlord. Poor you. :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Original post by The Stig
Maybe she has OCD? Have you all asked her not to do it?

Yeah we have but her reply is "Well if I didn't throw it out it would just grow mould". That is just not the case as I buy stuff every few days and eat it. I often go to the supermarket bargain shelf and buy stuff that is nearly out of date and that night she will throw it out. I have started making her give me money for things though.
Reply 22
Go to the landlord anyway, even if he is her dad he's not gonna want the house being lived in like that
Reply 23
Original post by petitflam
you seemed to be justifying her behaviour on those grounds, fairly pointlessly imo.

It was a possible explanation for why she may doing it.

what does it matter if she does or not? you shouldnt need to be asked not to throw away other people's stuff anyway

Evidently, you don't know much about OCD.

Simply asking her as oppose to posting about it on a forum would be a far more simple and effective solution.
Reply 24
One of mine is the filthiest, most disgusting pig I've ever met. If I don't clean up her minging ****, sort out her clothes, pick up her ****ing tampon applicators and chuck her rotting crap out of our kitchen, I'd be living in a massive ****hole. I even found my pint glasses full of wee in her bedroom (along with all the cat poo that's accumulated all over her filthing rubbsh - I'm not kidding, she keeps 2 cats shut in her room). I can't freaking wait to get out of here, I've had an absolute gutfull of it.

Ok, I feel rather guilty complaining about mine now! I don't think I've heard of anything more disgusting. A pint full of wee!? What she couldn't be arsed going to the toilet?? Plus, surely keeping animals locked in a single room is seen as abuse?

I also wouldn't be surprised if the poo wasn't just the cats.
Reply 25
Evidently, you don't know much about OCD.

Neither do you bro
Reply 26
Original post by derp
Neither do you bro

Instead of making blanket statements trying make yourself look cool. Explain why not?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by Jebbyxx

:puke:
Reply 28
Instead of making blanket statements trying make yourself look cool. Explain why not?

I'll stop making blanket statements when you do bro
Reply 29

youre the one online diagnosing the supposed OCD of a total stranger!
Reply 30
youre the one online diagnosing the supposed OCD of a total stranger!

Err yeah, saying:

Maybe she has OCD?

Is a blanket statement? ... and a diagnosis of her problem?

:lolwut:
One of mine is the filthiest, most disgusting pig I've ever met. If I don't clean up her minging ****, sort out her clothes, pick up her ****ing tampon applicators and chuck her rotting crap out of our kitchen, I'd be living in a massive ****hole. I even found my pint glasses full of wee in her bedroom (along with all the cat poo that's accumulated all over her filthing rubbsh - I'm not kidding, she keeps 2 cats shut in her room). I can't freaking wait to get out of here, I've had an absolute gutfull of it.

Woahhhh this is so scary and gross ! I hate living in a mess... I'm moving out for uni in sept hopefully. Isn't there anyone you can talk to that could help you out in this kind of situation.

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:
Original post by Jebbyxx
Ok, I feel rather guilty complaining about mine now! I don't think I've heard of anything more disgusting. A pint full of wee!? What she couldn't be arsed going to the toilet?? Plus, surely keeping animals locked in a single room is seen as abuse?

Come to think of it, he/she should report the girl to the RSPCA.
Poor cats... Cruelty to animals! Poor flatmate too... cruelty to flatmates!
Original post by Dee Leigh
Come to think of it, he/she should report the girl to the RSPCA.

Yeah, everybody says so. It's difficult because she's so incredibly confrontational and there's an awful atmosphere in the house when she's pissed off. She'll know immediately that I am responsible, and in any case, when I move out in June I think the RSPCA will be the first people I speak to. In all honesty I think all that will happen is that she'll promise to let them out every so often, then she won't.
Reply 36
Err yeah, saying:

Is a blanket statement? ... and a diagnosis of her problem?

:lolwut:

No saying that a random person who you've never met "evidently" knows very little about OCD is a blanket statement. Thanks for the neg, little child
Reply 37
Yeah, everybody says so. It's difficult because she's so incredibly confrontational and there's an awful atmosphere in the house when she's pissed off. She'll know immediately that I am responsible, and in any case, when I move out in June I think the RSPCA will be the first people I speak to. In all honesty I think all that will happen is that she'll promise to let them out every so often, then she won't.

I would do it now, you could get in trouble for letting it go on! You can ring anonymously and she won't have to know it was you. If she asks, deny all knowledge. If they see the mess of her room she may get the cats taken off her and if not, the RCSPA will check up on her so it might make her more tidy.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 38
Original post by derp
No saying that a random person who you've never met "evidently" knows very little about OCD is a blanket statement. Thanks for the neg, little child

No. The reason I said 'evidently' knows little about OCD is because of the evidence in his post:

you seemed to be justifying her behaviour on those grounds, fairly pointlessly imo.

what does it matter if she does or not? you shouldnt need to be asked not to throw away other people's stuff anyway!

If he knew about OCD or he suffered from it himself he'd know why it is important and why it matters. There are such things known as 'compulsions' in OCD which force people to do certain acts even if they know what they're doing is wrong and makes no rational sense to them but they are still compelled to do them in the fear of something seriously terrible happening to them or those around them. Thus I made the ASSUMPTION she may have OCD. Her constant rearranging and ordering of the eggs further adds to this as it is another trait of those with OCD.

I negged your post because it was stupid. Simple as that. If not, then answer my question?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 39
No.

You are disagreeing that using the word "evidently" is a blanket statement?

The Stig
The reason I said 'evidently' knows little about OCD is because of the evidence in his post:

If he knew about OCD or he suffered from it himself he'd know why it is important and why it matters. There are such things known as 'compulsions' in OCD which force people to do certain acts even if they know what they're doing is wrong and makes no rational sense to them but they are still compelled to do them in the fear of something seriously terrible happening to them or those around them. Thus I made the ASSUMPTION she may have OCD. Her constant rearranging and ordering of the eggs further adds to this as it is another trait of those with OCD.

I negged your post because it was stupid. Simple as that. If not, then answer my question?

What do you mean, "if not"? If not what?

As you asked so nicely though I will answer your question. Your question was what is the evidence that you know little about OCD. I know enough about OCD to know that even having the ASSUMPTION that someone you have never met may have OCD based on next to no evidence is needlessly sensational and highly unscientific. Therefore, you must know so little about OCD as to believe that you can possibly raise that suggestion. Can't you see that it could be offensive, both to sufferers and non-sufferers, that, the minute someone says something about a flatmate's odd and/or irritating cleaning habits, a million teenagers come on here thinking they're better than clinical psychologists because they've read wikipedia and say "Omg lyk its culd b ocd lol"?

And don't even try to give me this "I have it therefore I know everything about it" ****, because I have it too and have studied it at postgraduate level and I don't claim to know how people who have it can be expected to behave or feel. And I certainly don't claim to be able to make (even a potential) diagnosis of it in someone else I have never met and know nothing about at a range of 100 metres.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending