The Student Room Group

Women are now going for effeminate men.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HARRY PUTAH
wow, another clueless female who needs to get back to you know where.

The joke goes as follows, "where do sharks go for a chinese?"

THAT IS THE JOKE MY DEAR FEMALE FORUM GOER.:rolleyes: <<times this rolleyes by infinity and you get close to what i think of you

Why is my gender relevant?
Do you have a problem with women as well as non British?
I'd rather not be in the kitchen as I'd rather have a good career, thanks.

Didn't realise Morcambe Bay was known for its high shark population. If it was, don't you think the Chinese would have been catching shark, rather than cockles? Oh wait, did you miss that bit when you were learning about Chinese culture? Another joke fail.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by NeonSkies
No, it's not short for Japanese actually.

When it was first invented it was, but since the events of WWII it has been taken as a racial slur which inevitably brings offensiveness.

People should stop being so lazy and say the full word, it literally saves 1 second of your life, big deal.

Being called a Brit doesn't have racist connotations as people don't use it as an insult, but I'm sure if someone did it would become an offensive term, meanings change over time.

It's short for Japanese.

I would call someone Jap in a non-insulting way.

If you want to see it as racist, go for it. I don't.

You should stop getting so het up about people using a word in a non-racist way. You look for the racist in something non-racist.
Original post by ilickbatteries
It's short for Japanese.

You should stop getting so het up about people using a word in a non-racist way. You look for the racist in something non-racist.

I think it's up to the person you say it to rather than your opinion of whether or not it is racist to be honest.

You might think it acceptable to shout "w*nker" at someone for a joke not meaning any offence, but it could cause offence to the person you are saying it to. What you think becomes irrelevant at that point - it's verbal abuse.

The point of the matter is, Jap has been regarded as a racial slur, therefore saying it may cause offense despite your ignorance of it being offensive or you didn't intend offence in the first place. Whatever. You could just not say it to save the trouble.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 63
I don't understand it either. Makes me cringe when you see a lad in jeans so tight that their men bits must of retreated inside. And what is with the low cut tops they wear?! And hair over their faces just irritates me as it must irritate them.
Original post by ilickbatteries
It's short for Japanese.

You may not think it's an insult, but why use a known racial slur?
Original post by Arnotts
I dont get it.

Researchers have found that the pill changes the perception of what women find attractive and therefore could alter their taste in men.

Experts at Sheffield University believe the effect could lead to a form of "unnatural selection" and to a reduction in genetic compatibility.

It is well established, that women's attractiveness to men and their perceptions of attractiveness fluctuate depending on where they are on their menstrual cycle.
Just before they ovulate they are more attractive to men, and also find more "manly" men attractive.

However the use of the pill effectively eliminates this cycle and therefore women always prefer the same men throughout the month.

That is they prefer more feminine and homely men men that are closer to them genetically. If the theory is correct, it could partly explain the difference in looks of today's heart-throbs such as Leonardo DiCaprio, compared to the more chiselled tough guys revered by women before the pill like Kirk Douglas.

The research also suggests that taking the pill after you start seeing someone could damage the long-term prospects of your relationship.
That could mean women going on the pill after they have met someone suddenly find them less irresistible.
Original post by MillerTraub
Researchers have found that the pill changes the perception of what women find attractive and therefore could alter their taste in men.

Experts at Sheffield University believe the effect could lead to a form of "unnatural selection" and to a reduction in genetic compatibility.

It is well established, that women's attractiveness to men and their perceptions of attractiveness fluctuate depending on where they are on their menstrual cycle.
Just before they ovulate they are more attractive to men, and also find more "manly" men attractive.

However the use of the pill effectively eliminates this cycle and therefore women always prefer the same men throughout the month.

That is they prefer more feminine and homely men men that are closer to them genetically. If the theory is correct, it could partly explain the difference in looks of today's heart-throbs such as Leonardo DiCaprio, compared to the more chiselled tough guys revered by women before the pill like Kirk Douglas.

The research also suggests that taking the pill after you start seeing someone could damage the long-term prospects of your relationship.
That could mean women going on the pill after they have met someone suddenly find them less irresistible.

I found my boyfriend attractive before I went on the Pill and his attractiveness has stayed the same or perhaps got better, so I don't think this is true for all cases.

There could be some truth behind these theories, but be careful not to generalise because sexual preferences are different for everyone.
(edited 13 years ago)
Different strokes for different folks. Some like 'strong' manly men, some prefer 'em sensitive. Go figure :smile:
Reply 68
People here are saying some woman like this some woman like that but we all know the ideal man is someone powerfull in charetcer yet sensitive as well. If someone wears skinny jeans etc it doesnt make them less of a man by that alone, its their charecter, though saying that most people who do wear skinny jeans are fags. Put simply, if your couragous and brave then you define manliness, no matter what you wear. For a women, beauty and innocence defines them.
I found my boyfriend attractive before I went on the Pill and his attractiveness has stayed the same or perhaps got better, so I don't think this is true for all cases.

There could be some truth behind these theories, but be careful not to generalise because sexual preferences are different for everyone.

Of course it's not the only relevant factor, but it does play a role (messing with hormones has lots of side effects, not all purely physical).

Out if interest, how old were you when you went on the pill?

A similar result is that when women have not fully matured, they tend to find feminine men/boys more attractive.

Again, this is by no means the reason you are attracted to who you are attracted to (there are countless reasons), but just a contributing factor (the degree of which varying person to person).
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by MillerTraub
Of course it's not the only relevant factor, but it does play a role (messing with hormones has lots of side effects, not all purely physical).

Out if interest, how old were you when you went on the pill?

A similar result is that when women have not fully matured, they tend to find feminine men/boys more attractive.

Again, this is by no means the reason you are attracted to who you are attracted to (there are countless reasons), but just a contributing factor (the amount of which varying person to person).

I was 16 when I went on the Pill, but my boyfriend is probably the stereotypical macho man - short hair, tall etc. and trained for the Army and effeminate men are a real-turn off.

It does actually explain quite a lot though because not everyone is the same, perhaps for me going on the pill has increased how much I find masculine men attractive rather than effeminate men.
Reply 71
Original post by Dan1607
People here are saying some woman like this some woman like that but we all know the ideal man is someone powerfull in charetcer yet sensitive as well. If someone wears skinny jeans etc it doesnt make them less of a man by that alone, its their charecter, though saying that most people who do wear skinny jeans are fags. Put simply, if your couragous and brave then you define manliness, no matter what you wear. For a women, beauty and innocence defines them.

Yes, this is pretty much right.
- In control socially
- Ballsy

That's masculinity. Usually the first one correlates with being a dick but you will find that the "gentle giant" types are most loved by normal women because they're sensitive but don't sacrifice any of their power.
Original post by rhinger
I live in Hong Kong, and **** me, there are way, way, way too many effeminate men.

What's shocking? Some women are actually going for these "men". Skinny jeans, long hair with fringes, nose piercings, skinny arms, you name any feminine characteristics, and BOOM these men have 'em.

Now, I'm not saying women aren't attracted to masculine/alpha males who go to the gym (and work out with weights, not going on the cycling machine reading a magazine and at a speed of about 2 km/h), obviously not.

But why on earth would a woman want to be courted by a "man" who is almost no less womanly?

Because women wish they could be men?

BUUUUURNNNNN!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 73
Men dressing effeminately is a huge turn off for me. My boyfriend has short dark hair and trained in the Army so he's pretty masculine, and I'm so glad of this!

I have no idea why girls find these guys attractive either really, especially if he comes out with "could I borrow your straighteners?" - yikes.

Each to their own though I guess.

Some women would find men trained in the army, total waste of space, losers who love to get bossed around and can not think for themselfs.
Original post by NerdBOY1
Some women would find men trained in the army, total waste of space, losers who love to get bossed around and can not think for themselfs.

Then those people would be extremely ignorant of what the Army actually is and what it involves. The ability to think for yourself is paramount, and a lot of the work the Army does is helping others doing aid work rather than going to war.

Someone sounds like a bitter Army reject :rolleyes: It's a real job, so don't criticise something you have no idea what it entails or what kind of person you need to be to succeed. You are making a fool of yourself.

You do physics; some people might think people who study this are waste of space losers with nothing better to do than equations behind a desk rather than helping people. Their views may be very ignorant of what a physics student actually has to do, so think about what you say before you come out with it.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Zander5

Personally i think men should be men and women should be women.

Wearing skinny jeans or straightening your hair doesn't suddenly change your biology!

I personally only find really feminine looking men or really masculine ones attractive, somehow skipping out the middle.

So basically, don't do things by halves :biggrin:

Original post by .Ali.

What's wrong with a man using straightners though? :confused: I think it's nice, it shows they're taking care of their appearance. I'm not on about femenine men here, but I think a lot of modern men like to have nice hair, so why not straighten it? There's nothing inherently girly about it.

absolutely!

Original post by darknessbehold
Because women wish they could be men?

BUUUUURNNNNN!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

:rofl:
Reply 76
I'm personally not attracted to the skinny jeans types, but I am worried for them.

tight + chafing = warmer
factor in basic biology = detrimental effect on sperm count......
Reply 77
Original post by rhinger
I live in Hong Kong, and **** me, there are way, way, way too many effeminate men.

What's shocking? Some women are actually going for these "men". Skinny jeans, long hair with fringes, nose piercings, skinny arms, you name any feminine characteristics, and BOOM these men have 'em.

Now, I'm not saying women aren't attracted to masculine/alpha males who go to the gym (and work out with weights, not going on the cycling machine reading a magazine and at a speed of about 2 km/h), obviously not.

But why on earth would a woman want to be courted by a "man" who is almost no less womanly?

Oh, shut up you stereotypical b****

Ever heard of a difference in CULTURE and SOCIETY.

Fools, I'm not surpsied with all these damn 'ideologies' that seemed to be forced onto being considered 'normal'.

You know what it leads to? PREJUDICE.

Reply 78
im from hong kong as well and yes there are tons of these....creatures trudging about

we call them the "locals", those of us who do not succumb to this strange japanese wannabe obsession, we call ourselves the "internationals", im not sure why, but its a common demonym that is used to separate the two massively distinct cultures

one reason the locals dress like this is due to genes, us orientals tend to have a much thinner bone structure, hence that fashion trend is developed to fit that body type

it would be just as bad to see one of us in clothes 4 sizes too big if the wearer was intending to make himself look bigger, which does exactly the opposite

the other reason is well....the obsession with japanese culture, this sort of trend originated in japan with those rebel, emo, rocker types, the fringe over the hair thing is meant to symbolise a....disturbed, sinister, o-so-tragic-please-pity-me demeanor, in other words, "cool"

they also tend to put bright highlights in their hair to make them look more "unique", since oriental hair has one and only one configuration - black and straight

frankly, theyre vile, but i may be biased, speaking from an "international" perspective
Reply 79
Original post by espada00
im from hong kong as well and yes there are tons of these....creatures trudging about

we call them the &quot;locals&quot;, those of us who do not succumb to this strange japanese wannabe obsession, we call ourselves the &quot;internationals&quot;, im not sure why, but its a common demonym that is used to separate the two massively distinct cultures

one reason the locals dress like this is due to genes, us orientals tend to have a much thinner bone structure, hence that fashion trend is developed to fit that body type

it would be just as bad to see one of us in clothes 4 sizes too big if the wearer was intending to make himself look bigger, which does exactly the opposite

the other reason is well....the obsession with japanese culture, this sort of trend originated in japan with those rebel, emo, rocker types, the fringe over the hair thing is meant to symbolise a....disturbed, sinister, o-so-tragic-please-pity-me demeanor, in other words, &quot;cool&quot;

they also tend to put bright highlights in their hair to make them look more &quot;unique&quot;, since oriental hair has one and only one configuration - black and straight

frankly, theyre vile, but i may be biased, speaking from an &quot;international&quot; perspective

Oh look another fool.

Goodbye, whoever the hell you guys are.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending