The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

If you don't trust him, why are you in a relationship?

Simple question really...
Reply 2
Yes it's unfair to tell him you'll break up with him if he goes to Amsterdam, but it's not unfair if you explain that you do not want him to get a little too friendly with a Dutch lady and then he does.

Amsterdam is the city of fun; let him have some.
Reply 3
Yes that is unreasonable
Reply 4
You're being unreasonable. Unless he's actually intending to sleep with hookers. Which to be fair, he probably is....
Daft bint, of course it's unreasonable :teehee:

"Oh noez, mah bf wants 2 go on hollyday, must brake up wiv him!!1!1!!1!"

Grow up, yeah? :colonhash:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just trying to work out if he's being a cow or not.

? lol, and yes, yes you are.
Reply 7
If you can't trust him if he goes, then you shouldn't be together.
Let him go, book a girls holiday to magaluff or something to get him back, he will soon understand. Seriously though, if he was gonna cheat he would do it anyway, Amsterdam has nothing to do with it. He will probably get o stoned he cant get it up anyway. The worst that would probs happen is he gets stoned and ends up in a strip club, nothing wrong with that right?
Reply 9
you're being unreasonable. the only thing you can do is tell him you won't be okay if he sleeps with hookers
Yes, that is unreasonable and relationships shouldn't have ultimatums anyway! Say if it was you who really wanted to go somewhere, but he was the one who gave YOU the same ultimatum, how would you feel? Amsterdam is fine in my opinion anyway
Reply 11
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
You're being unreasonable. Unless he's actually intending to sleep with hookers. Which to be fair, he probably is....

Ha! True. Getting stoned + boys trip + red light district. Recipe for trouble. In fact, boys trip alone is. I understand you OP.
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just trying to work out if he's being a cow or not.

Basically, he wants to go to Amsterdam with his guy mates, get stoned and stay in the red light district.

I am not comfortable with this at all, so I have offered the ultimatum of if he goes, that's it. Am I being unreasonable.

If so, why?

you sound more like his Mum than his girlfriend
If he wants to go away with his friends, let him, you're definitely being unreasonable. You have to be able to trust him.
LOL I've been to the dam like 7 times, if my GF told me she's dump me for going, i'd dump her!

there's more amsterdam then hookers, if you don't trust that he won't have sex, you shouldn't be in a relationship with him anyway...

stop being such a pain in the arse (you can gurantee his mates won;t like you, if you stop him from going, may result in some resentment from him)
Prostitution is legal in the UK so not sure about the automatic assumption he is going to Amsterdam for the prostitutes. Most likely he is going there to get high legally and have some fun.
I don't think it's unreasonable to be unhappy about it, but it's up to you to give him a stark ultimatum.

Being a guy, and having been to Amsterdam, I know that Amsterdam throws all the rules out the window. It's the European Vegas, since 'what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas', you can pretty much guarantee that something will happen that you won't like. Only speaking from past experience.
Reply 17
Hmmm people say "if you don't trust him you shouldn't be together" but he really doesn't need to deliberately put temptation in his path. he'll be there drinking with his friends who will be going to strip clubs and probably brothels - not a good situation and I wouldn't be happy with it. I say if he doesn't understand why you're upset and respect your feelings then he's a bit of a dick-if he'd rather go and have some random fun in Amsterdam than have you.
Reply 18
Original post by Drunk Punx
Daft bint, of course it's unreasonable :teehee:

"Oh noez, mah bf wants 2 go on hollyday, must brake up wiv him!!1!1!!1!"

Grow up, yeah? :colonhash:

.... in the red light district
Reply 19
Original post by reisen
Hmmm people say "if you don't trust him you shouldn't be together" but he really doesn't need to deliberately put temptation in his path. he'll be there drinking with his friends who will be going to strip clubs and probably brothels - not a good situation and I wouldn't be happy with it. I say if he doesn't understand why you're upset and respect your feelings then he's a bit of a dick-if he'd rather go and have some random fun in Amsterdam than have you.

Agree. OP, PM me :smile: